Contributor
bobthemonkey

New HD Channels in Memphis?

Hello, I have a Windows Media Center PC with a CableCard inserted so I can use the PC as a DVR. Recently, some new HD channels have appeared on my guide, but are not active yet. Some of the channels are Comedy Central HD, CBS College Sports HD, and WGN HD. There are about 30 or so of them.

When will these be active? I live in the Memphis area.

Thanks,

Cable Expert
JayInAlg

Re: New HD Channels in Memphis?

The new channels should authorize on the cable card equipment the same day as the set top box gets them autorized. 

You might need to call in to Comcast support for them to send a hit the cable card.

Contributor
bobthemonkey

The new channels don't show up yet on my STB. I got an updated guide recently, and I thought that the channels might be active then, but they aren't even in the STB guide.

Contributor
bobthemonkey

zap2it also has the new channels:

http://tvlistings.zap2it.com/tvlistings/ZCGrid.do?method=decideFwdForLineup&zipcode=38119&setMyPrefe...

Any HD channel above 800 is new.

Cable Expert
JayInAlg

The new guide would be separate from you getting the new HD's.

Right now you don't get the new HD's on the Comcast set top box either, right?  Before, I thought you were getting them on the Comcast box, but not the Tivo.

If you haven't gotten them on the Comcast box, then you won't get them on the Tivo either, Comcast should have been communicating to you the dates the new HD's will be added to your system.

New Visitor
LemmyWinks

I have the same question...new HD channels are appearing on my Tivo guide, but not on the cable box / comcast guide.

When will these new HD channels become available? 

There has been ZERO communication regarding this from comcast.  As a matter of fact I found this thread what searching for information.  I assume since the cable card has been updated with the new HD channels that they will be made available soon, right?

Contributor
bobthemonkey

That's what I'm hoping. I'll try calling them again.

New Visitor
DissatisfiedTN

Don't hold your breathe.... We were originally sent a mailing from comast saying the date for the HD channels to be released in Memphis was in February. In March, two weeks after the original release date we called comcast saying we did not get hte channels.. They had us on the phone for over 2 hours, checking Cable Cards, telling us our TIVO was the issue. At the end of the second hour they finally realized that the HD channels had not yet been rolled out.  The next week we had an Xfinity rep at our complex he told us the new channels would be out in the next two weeks.. well now they appear on our tivo line-up but no service. So again we called comcast.. this time spent 1.5 hours with them and finally at our insistance they checked to see if they had been rolled out.. and Oooops they hadn't been.  One would think that comcast would have communicated to their own customer support that they had not rolled out the new HD channels yet. We were then told they had no idea when the new channels were coming.  

TALK ABOUT OVER PROMISING AND UNDER DELIVERING...  

I am sure one day many months from now the channels will magically appear by that time hopefully, I will no longer be a comcast customer. 

New Visitor

Changing their name to xfinity is not going to change the fact that they are still the worst company in the U.S. I've been told 4 different dates by 4 different people. Today, on the phone to customer service they told me they didn't know the date, there was no one they could transfer me to to find the answer and that I would have to go to my local office to find out. Informed the csr that I had already did that and was lied to (4/15)
Contributor
bobthemonkey

I didn't want this topic to turn into a bashing comcast thread. I just wanted to know when these channels will be available. Does anyone offical from Comcast read these message board that would be able to find out?

Regular Contributor

bobthemonkey wrote:

I didn't want this topic to turn into a bashing comcast thread. I just wanted to know when these channels will be available. Does anyone offical from Comcast read these message board that would be able to find out?

Well, Comcast makes it very easy to bash them. They have the worst customer service by far, and they offer the least available HD among all available services in America. I realize that a few select markets have more, but most everyone else are being left out. They make me sick by running those silly commercials in my area about how bad or outdated U-verse is, or satellite is, yet those services offer a lot more HD than Comcast. I guess maybe Comcast doesn't want to address the fact that they're still forcing tons of analog and digital(non-HD) channels down the throats of people who are living in the 21st century and have HD sets.

Contributor
bobthemonkey

But you're not helping or adding any value my question.

New Visitor

It is now may 5, where's the new channels?
New Visitor
DissatisfiedTN

I apologize for bashing comcast, but I was hoping someone from comcast would be monitoring this and provide answers. As I guessed no one still knows when the new HD channels are coming. I just would like comcast to say a definitive date. If anyone has any updates that would be great since calling comcast has not provided any.