New Visitor
bkrdt

No more NBCSN on digital TV unless you have the upgraded HD box

Shocked I am, as Yoda would say, that Comcast would take the new NBCSN off the regular program when they own the network!!!  Called and the lady would not even take a complaint verbally so had to send an email.  She talked like other channels were being reassigned as well.  We need to revolt this like the Verison charges and have them live to the agreements we reach when we sign up.  Been a cable customer in this house for 18 years but headed for satellites like the kids do.  They do not seem to have this problem.

Silver Problem Solver
andyross

Re: No more NBCSN on digital TV unless you have the upgraded HD box

NBCSN is the former Versus. What level service and equipment do you have? By me, it's available with a DTA and is part of Digital Starter.

New Visitor
bkrdt

I have the triple play with all of the movies, the "Infinity Insider".  I have 2 HD TVs with one DVR and the other is just on an HD box.  I have two other TVs that are just digital with no HD.  They took the NBCSN off the 2 low level TVs and I have to upgrade, for a monthly charge, to get a different box for that channel even though the channel was not on HD.  I spend $200 a month to Comcast and they pull this.  We have a small flat screen in the kitchen where I really do not have room on the counter for a box and of course can no longer get this channel.  Used to watch the Versus in the morning when I ate breakfast.  I refuse to pay more for an ugly box to put on a counter top where space is limited,  

New Visitor
bkrdt

Channel is back on!  Do not know what happened this morning when it went off or why the Comcast customer service rep said they had removed it.  Really do not care, but it is back on without a new cable box. Hip - hip - hooray!

New Visitor
djknight4564

PLEASE DON'T DISCONTINUE NBCSN.

JUST WATCHED BEACH VOLLEY BALL.(OUR FAVORITE SPORT)

NO OTHER STATION TELEVISES BVB. I WAS SO EXCITED WHEN

I SAW THAT IT WOULD BE ON NBCSN, AND NOW I SEE THAT YOUR

DOING THIS.  WHY?

New Visitor

channel 259 on our Comcast service, formerly Versus

New Visitor
turbopete

So, Comcast buy's NBC. NBC shuts out Speed Channel from F1. So where is F1 on Comcast? Answer : Give us another $39 to get the NBCSN channel.

All wrong I don't watch MLB, NHL. Dish here I come!

Bronze Problem Solver
edpeters

[ Edited ]

turbopete wrote:

So, Comcast buy's NBC. NBC shuts out Speed Channel from F1. So where is F1 on Comcast? Answer : Give us another $39 to get the NBCSN channel.

NBC didn't shut out Speed TV from F1, F1 wanted more money for the TV rights in the US and only NBC was willing to pay it.  I get NBC Sports Net on Digital Starter and they don't seem to have the same mickey mouse copy protection that Speed had, so to me it's an improvement (assuming that network NBC will pick up a few of the bigger races, i.e. HD)..

Silver Problem Solver
andyross

turbopete wrote:

This seems backwards. I think in most areas, NBC Sports is part of Digital Starter. Speed was the one that was part of the Sports/Entertainment package. Why do you have to pay $39 extra? Do you only have Limited Basic or Economy?

New Visitor
turbopete

Formula 1 is moving from NBCSN to CNBC for the next 4 races. What is the channel number? Anybody help?

Silver Problem Solver
andyross

The channel number depends on your area. You can just hit Guide, then scroll up and down until you find CNBC.