New Visitor
ronib30

On Demand Change in Free Channel Options

I am writing about Free Movies On Demand.  Recently TCM and TBS have changed from Free to Free to Subscribers.  This means these channels are not free because customers have to pay for a subscription.  These two options should be moved under the Premium Channel listings.  Another item of note is PBS channel 11 (New Hampshire) is no longer an option my area.  Between one less channel option and two On Demand options that were free, but now require subscriptions, customers are not receiving the same level of viewing options for their money.

Silver Problem Solver
rog286713

Re: On Demand Change in Free Channel Options

these are not premium channels, premium channels are those that you pay for individually like HBO, Cinemax Showtime.   In order to access movies there for free you have to have a package that includes those channels, so it is free with subscription meaning if you get the linear channel as part of your package you can access the free with subscription options in on demand. 

As for your other issue see below.

Thisi is a copy of the announcement that is on th NHPTV website and there was also an announcement in each of the last two month'd Comcast bills:

Q: What happens to New Hampshire-focused programs?

A: Audiences in New Hampshire will continue to enjoy series such as Windows to the Wild, Roadside Stories, Granite State Challenge, and other NH-focused programs. One of the many benefits of this new arrangement is that NHPTV will be able to dedicate resources to programs about New Hampshire and educational services that benefit NH viewers.
Q: Will any of my channel locations or channel schedules change?

A: Comcast has agreed to partner with us to implement the changes and, as a result, beginning the week of October 8th, 2012, Comcast customers in New Hampshire will experience these channel changes:
NHPTV PRIME will be on channels 2 and HD 802/702 (depending on your location) NHPTV EXPLORE will be on channels11 and HD 801/711
WGBH no longer will be carried on 2 or HD 802/702 and WGBX no longer will be carried on 16/17/26 or HD 818/718.
Comcast subscribers in both states will continue to receive two local PBS services: NHPTV PRIME and NHPTV EXPLORE in New Hampshire and WGBH 2 and WGBX-44 in Eastern Massachusetts. Customers in NH will no longer receive WGBH 2 and WGBX 44; and customers in MA will no longer receive NHPTV Prime and Explore.
WGBH 2 and NHPTV PRIME’s schedules will largely be the same, with some small differences that reflect a focus on the local communities in each state. Viewers in Massachusetts who enjoy programs like Windows to the Wild will continue to view these, and New Hampshire viewers who enjoy programs like Greater Boston will continue to view those.
WGBH 44 and NHPTV EXPLORE’s schedules will also largely be the same.
The CREATE and WORLD channels will be available in both states.

The opinions expressed by me on this forum are mine only as a customer. I do not work for comcast nor do I represent them in any way.