New Visitor
Pdpc0623

Oxygen channel

Does anyone know what happened to the Oxygen channel? It says "not authorized" when we go to that channel. All other channels seem to be working. I used the chat with Comcast and she thinks it is the box. However, we have 2 boxes and can't get oxygen on either TV. I live in the Rockford, IL area.

New Visitor
billyblu

Re: Oxygen channel

I get the same message, but they said my package does not include Oxygen.  Which package do you have?

New Visitor
DSteelman

I called about not having authorization about the Oxygen channel last night. I was told I do not have the plus package which costs $100.00 more than what I have now... this is absolutely ridicuous.  Oxygen channel and the Military channel are free channels.. I am certainly not going to pay $100.00 extra dollars for two channels...

Unreal..

Regular Problem Solver
C_DM

DSteelman wrote:

I called about not having authorization about the Oxygen channel last night. I was told I do not have the plus package which costs $100.00 more than what I have now... this is absolutely ridicuous.  Oxygen channel and the Military channel are free channels.. I am certainly not going to pay $100.00 extra dollars for two channels...

Unreal..

What exactly do you mean by "free" channels?  They are part of a particular package, as different packages include different channels.  You don't have to pay separately for them like you do with HBO, for example, but that doesn't mean they are included in every package as each package includes different number of different channels.

Silver Problem Solver
commanguy

Oxygen is owned by NBCUniversal so they will be charging ALL cable carriers including Comcast a carriage fee. Even though Comcast owns NBC they can't get the channel for free. They would then have to offer it free to every competitor.

Military Channel is part of Discovery Networks. Carriage fee involved.

There is also a Military History Channel, part of A&E Networks.

The two "free" to all cable providers that I can think of now are NASA and Pentagon channels.