New Visitor
JK_philly

Re: PLEASE ADD BEIN SPORT USA

Don't hold your breath for HD.

From what this says.  BeIN is actually PAYING comcast to put BeIN on.

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/08/31/sports/soccer/al-jazeera-bets-heavily-on-soccer-on-us-tv.html?page...

Contributor
dindle

from his posts seems he's in central Cali. Think it's the Spanish language one.

Regular Contributor
Ymsv

I thought Comcast is doing us a favor but after reading that article I realized Comcast was paid to have beIN Sport. So soccer fans out there, don't hold your breath for HD. Just shaking my head about Comcast right now.
Contributor
dindle

JK_philly

If BeIN wants exposure and may even be willing to take a near term loss getting their channels on Comcast, maybe they'll also pay Comcast to run HD. I can't claim to know how and why Comcast decides which networks to offer in HD, though I'd guess they get enough people watching FSC SD that running FSC HD wouldn't be worth the extra expense, but BeIN would have a special desire to give the best coverage they can if they are particularly concerned with their "brand".

So I guess I'm saying it could be read either way. :smileyplain:

Contributor
dindle

Bein has apparently denied they are paying Comcast to show BeIN FWIW. https://twitter.com/GrantWahl/status/241547811513053184

Contributor
Gamarra0188

What channel? Also, where are you located?
New Visitor
Prakasho

Re: Bein Sports Channel needs to be added NOW!

Got rid of my Sports package ... Maybe going to Direct TV is better if Comcast doesn't  act soon . .. Serie A won't wait for Comcast  , and nor will La Liga.  Question is how long should we wait for Comcast .

New Visitor
shawarma_sheikh

this is absurd.  comcast announced they would carry the channel almost 2 weeks ago and it still hasn't arrived.  i can switch to a competitor and get the same "triple play" type service i have now AND get beIN in HD immediately.  why should i stay?

New Visitor
VivaFutbol

somebody posted that beIN sports will be added in Channel 312, well this channel # is for Starz, nobody knows when and date that will be available....Live chat is not working and is silly to be in the phone for 20 minutes. WOW

Contributor
laliga

Channel 321 is Starz, not 312

New Visitor
VivaFutbol

sorry, you are right 321 is starz, 312 is not in the line up, 311 is HBO, Georgia area 

Contributor
pcatasti

I heard rumors that BeIN Sport should be added in SD to the channel lineup by September 6. However, it is unclear as to which markets will be covered by the initial deployment. I know that there are parts of the country where Fox Soccer HD is not yet available, so BeIN Sport might receive the same fate.

However, nowadays, a sports channel in SD makes for a very mediocre experience. And if we use as a benchmark the time Comcast took to bring in Fox Soccer in HD, by the time Comcast adds it, BeIN Sport will have already lost its rights to La Liga and Serie A and will have become an obsolete channel.

To be fair, it could be worse and you could have Verizon FIOS as a provider: they are nowhere near to be adding BeIN Sport to their channel lineup and their customers are even more furious than Comcast's.

Contributor
laliga

LOL - I made the same mistake when I rushed to check out channel 312!  It went automatically to 321 ...

Contributor

Arrgh!!! Too much uncertainty. Comcast please give us the details and please, please, do the right thing and get us BEIN SPORTS HD!

New Visitor
jth888

Re: BEIN SPORT USA

[ Edited ]

Pls advise when Bein  Sports will be added to the Mongomery County, MD and D.C. Area?  We've already  missed the two El Clasico games!

Contributor
SEASOC

No HD, and only the spanish version that is not the same as the premium english version...no Ligue 1 and not the sam games on the spanish version. 

Well I have waited enough....I am out. I will tell you how great the english HD version is on DirecTV in a few days.

New Visitor
NikDi

Please add BeIn Sports! Please your customers....

Bronze Star Contributor

If your Spanish Tier is in 6 Hundreds it wil behind or before GOLTV if theirs no channel on that number yet and know if Sports Tier is 2 Hundreds and by GOLTV channel Number other Channels then maybe 684 if not filed.

New Visitor
immars13

add BEin1

Amazing how this company is.  It is incredible the lack of customer consideration.  We will add Bein Sports in spanish but not the english version?!?!?  So because I live in SOuth FLorida I am spoon-fed a channel in a different language?!?  Talk about the televesion programming version of racial or should I say regional profiling!!!

How amazingly racist is this?  Comcast should be ashamed of themselves.  Thank you for essentially telling the whole world that If you live in South Florida Comcast feels that you are latin.

There is absolutely no reason to not launch both channels in all regions concurrently.  I should have the option and the choice since i am paying hundreds of dollars a month for television entertainment, to view programing in english IF IT IS AVAILABLE.  In this case it is available yet comcast has chosen not to add BeIn1 Sports.

Comcast you should be ashamed.  I will write a letter to the better business and to my State Attorney's office.  It may not do much, but I will at least be able to let people see the equivalent of Racial Profiling Comcast is engaging in.

Horrible company and business practices.

Contributor

Re: add BEin1

[ Edited ]

i speak spanish  but i understand your wrath. if BOTH channels are running in directtv there is no reason comcast cannot make both active from the start...just a stupid way to lose customers...unless there are some technical issues at play in which case they shoud go out of their way to tell us about it...

Regular Contributor

Re: add BEin1

Well at least in Florida you have Spanish speakers. Here in Minnesota around 4 percent of the population speak Spanish, and we are told we are having the Spanish BeIN channel and the English one at a latter date. This does not make sense. I have no problem with a Spanish channel but I do believe both channels should be launched on the same date.

Visitor

Good customer service consists of keeping your customer up to date with the information that is important to them. Please give us up to date, accurate information on when BEIN sport will be available. If you don't your competitors would we happy to have our business. I have already watched La Liga games on BEIN sport with one of your competitors. If I soon can't watch the same on Comcast I will have to switch providers. 

New Visitor
IWMB

Those games were both on ESPN3.  Don't think BeIN had Super Copa rights...those weren't La Liga games.  

Contributor
SEASOC

The difference between Bein Sport 1 and Bein Spot spanish is not only the language. Check Beinsport.tv and you will see the games shown on Bein Sport 1 are NOT the same as the Spanish version....I would not mind watching the game in Spanish....I called this morning to downgrade my comcast service to just the internet service and switch to DirecTV for television service....and I will save money!

Regular Contributor
Ymsv

Yea. I've done my research. BeIN Sport Espanol and BeIN Sport 1 english are not the same. There are some different programs. BeIN Sport Espanol doesn't show French League 1 games at all.
Regular Contributor
Ymsv

DirecTV sports package $12 for all the channels you need. FSC HD, beIN Sport HD, GolTV HD, Fox Deportes and 30+ regional sport networks. Free HD receiver and Free HD Technology for life unlike Comcast charging me $17/month for HD service ($7 for HD receiver and $9.95 for HD technology fees) rediculous!!!
Visitor

IWBN - Off the subject of not being able to see La Liga on Comcast because they are still not broadcasting BEIN sport but yes I did watch the Spanish Super Cup on ESPN3. However, the first 3 weeks of La Liga were on a BEIN sport on Comcast competitors. How many more weeks do we have to miss??

Visitor
misto7

I am very happy for all the people that are switching to DirectTV from comcast...That is definitely the right decision if you like to save money and watch soccer and sports in general.

New Visitor
johnrocki

If it wasent for this stupid tree on our balcony. I would too have DirectTV

Regular Contributor
wgradio

It is outrageous that after paying so much money for their service, BEIN Sport will NOT be shown in High Definition.

Visitor
alonso-crua503

Spoiler
you right....

New Visitor
buguito2

I just talked to representative from comcast which I asked about this channel and she told me tomorrow September 5 will available in Miami, but I have to call tomorrow to ask what channel is going to be this new channel...I will be waiting for tomorrow and see is real....have a good day..

New Visitor
reynoso-alex

I would like to echo all of the sentiment that my fellow soccer fans are expressing.  Please add beIN Sport USA at your earliest convenience.  Thanks you.

New Visitor
usubanas

[ Edited ]

Comcast please tell us when beIN will be available, in what areas, and whether it will be in HD. 

It's a hassle to change providers, but I don't now how long I can wait before switching to Directv.

Contributor
madrid09

Just talked to a rep. She said that the SD channel will rollout on the 5th and 6th for some. The rest, including myself, will only receive the channel on the 12th. That means no USA-Jamaica for me.

Regular Contributor
Midnight763

Well don't worry if it is BeIN Spanish no one will get to see the Jamaica v USA game as that is only on beIN Sports 1 USA.

Contributor
madrid09

Ha. Very true. Hopefully we'll all get both channels.

Contributor
rizig

Just talked to a comcast rep, the Spanish chl will roll out on sept 6 in many markets, the English will come at a later date. Some of the markets that I can remember:LA Chicago, DC, Atlanta and in my area Minneapolis the channel is going to be 605 in SD and they have no  info about the HD.

Contributor
dindle

Spoke to Chicago comcast rep. Said no info on channel number, channel would launch on Thursday 6th on SD. She said she was "sure" there would be plans for HD but had no info on them. Hmm.

Official Employee
ComcastTeds

[ Edited ]

Thanks for your continued patience.

As started earlier:

Comcast has signed a deal with beIN SPORT and we will soon be able to offer more European soccer to XFINITY customers. We will be launching the Spanish feed to both MultiLatino and Sports Entertainment packages in the majority of our areas coming early in September. The English-language version will be added to select lineups at a later date.

We regularly examine our channel lineups and talk with a wide range of programmers to ensure that we are bringing the content and programming that our customers want the most.

Just as a general update:  

The Spanish standard definition version of beIN Sports is expected to be added to MultiLatino and Sports Entertainment Package channel lineups on the following dates and in the following general locations:

Starting September 5: New England area, Kentucky, Michigan

Starting September 6: Philadelphia area, NJ, DE, MD, Washington, DC area, Atlanta, Charleston, Chicago, Nashville, Savannah, South Florida, Southwest Florida, California, Denver, Portland, Salt Lake City, Seattle, Tucson, Twin Cities (MN)

Starting September 7: West, NE and Central PA, western WV, OH

Starting September 12: Indiana (Columbus, Connersville, Crawfordsville, Indianapolis, Lawrenceburg, Muncie, Rushville, Seymour and Shelbyville)

The above schedule is tentative and is subject to change. Additional locations may be announced at a later date.  Some channel numbers below:

California, channel 651

Oregon, channel 643

Twin Cities, channel 604

Washington, channel 785

I am marking this post as a solution just so customers can easily find this post. When we have more information to pass along, we will make a new post and update this one. Thanks.

New Visitor
chispazo

Please arrange for the HD version in the Washington DC area as soon as possible. 

Thank you very much !

Chispy

Contributor
KevinMiller

Where is Central VA? Charlottesville area? Am I part of the Washington D.C. area.

This is available on Dish & Directv, -there are many of us in this area who will switch providers!

Make this available to everyone! &w/ your state-of-the-art know how, make it in HD!

Thanks,

Ready to jump ship!

Bronze Star Contributor

[ Edited ]

Send Comcast an email or a tweet requesting that they add beIN SPORT to your channel lineup. Denver/Orlando/Olathe/MO aren't getting it.

Contributor

NO LIVE USA world cup qualifier on Friday

The listings for both the Spanish and English bein sports channels say the USA Jamaica game on Sept 7 will be shown at 11:30pm and it does not have the live logo next to it, but the game starts at 8 pm eastern..I guess they prefer to show central  and southamerican teams live knowing they will get higher viewing...

So even if we get the channel in time...

Please double check and correct me if I'm wrong...

Regular Contributor

Re: NO LIVE USA world cup qualifier on Friday

[ Edited ]

Thanks ComcastTed for the info - now can you tell me when we get the BeIN Sport 1 channel I asked for - the English version which is showing the USMNT games live.

The game you mentioned is at 8PM-- 10PM ET live .... on the schedule I have seen - it is just a weird format. This is only on BeIN Sport 1, the other chnnel does not have it.

Official Employee
ComcastTeds

mgom28 wrote:

Send Comcast an email or a tweet requesting that they add beIN SPORT to your channel lineup. Denver/Orlando/Olathe/MO aren't getting it.

Denver is scheduled to get the channel as per my post above. Thanks.

Bronze Star Contributor

But if type in a Denver zipcode like I posted that got edited it said for Comcast not available in Denver and same for Olathe/MO and Orlando so their Website is not up to date.

Contributor

Re: NO LIVE USA world cup qualifier on Friday

BEIN SPORTS 1 is one of the French channels; for US please go to this link...

http://www.beinsport.tv/

New Visitor
BARCA15

comcast doesn't care.

i talked to custumer service on saturday and i was told Bein sport doesn't come to

Albuquerque this year. they are going to lunch Bein between sept 6-12 only in big ciies (chicag, dallas, denver, etc.)

so soccer fans get DIRECT TV!!!!!!!!

thank you comcast.

Official Employee
ComcastTeds

mgom28 wrote:

But if type in a Denver zipcode like I posted that got edited it said for Comcast not available in Denver and same for Olathe/MO and Orlando so their Website is not up to date.

Maybe that is because the channels have not yet been added......