Reply
New Visitor
CrazedZooChimp
Posts: 1
Registered: ‎09-01-2012

Re: Pac-12 FAQ and Information

I'm lucky enough to live in the SF Bay Area and have access to the Pac-12 network with my cable package, but I was hoping to be able to re-watch some of the content from the network, including preview shows, classic games, and full replays of this seasons games (like this weekends football games) OnDemand.  I couldn't find any Pac-12 network content in the OnDemand menu, though.  Are there plans to include any?  

Visitor
Cjmacyogi
Posts: 2
Registered: ‎08-30-2012

Re: Pac-12 FAQ and Information

[ Edited ]

ComcastTeds wrote:

Cjmacyogi wrote:

I live in Davis, CA (95618) and have the digital starter package with HD.  I am receiving the regional feed on 433, but I'm not getting the national feed on 434 or the HD regional feed on 823. Does that make sense?


Can you send me your information (address and/or phone number) via PM (Private Message) and I can have someone review your account to be sure all is set up correctly, thanks.



Well, that was a mistake.  I sent my contact info to Comcast.  I just tried to tune into the Cal game and now I don't get any Pac12 feed.  I no longer get the SD Bay Area feed, and I still don't get the SD national feed or the HD Bay Area feed. Thanks Comcast!

New Visitor
Calimusement
Posts: 2
Registered: ‎09-02-2012

Re: PAC 12 NETWORK

"All Xfinity TV customers in a Pac-12 state will have access to their regional Pac-12 network."

 

This simply is not true.

 

I live in Oregon and have the Limited Basic / Digital Economy (with digital cable box) as part of my package with Xfinity/Comcast and I cannot access the Pac12or station. You need to remove that sentence from your FAQ since all Xfinity TV customers do NOT have access to their regional Pac-12 network.

Recognized Contributor
Posts: 72
Registered: ‎11-19-2008

Re: PAC 12 NETWORK

You have access to Pac-12 Network. It may not be on the tier you presently have, but if you really want the channel, the option of upgrading service to obtain it exists. Access to the channel and actually receiving it are two different things.

New Visitor
Calimusement
Posts: 2
Registered: ‎09-02-2012

Re: PAC 12 NETWORK

That's not logical. Sounds like bait and switch advertising. I'm an xfinity tv customer and I do not have access to the pac-12or channel because when I go to the channel, it says my plan doesn't allow it. Thus I have no access to it. There's nothing in the FAQ post about having to upgrade to truly have access to it.

Bronze Problem Solver
edpeters
Posts: 3,325
Registered: ‎12-13-2007

Re: PAC 12 NETWORK


Calimusement wrote:

That's not logical. Sounds like bait and switch advertising. I'm an xfinity tv customer and I do not have access to the pac-12or channel because when I go to the channel, it says my plan doesn't allow it. Thus I have no access to it. There's nothing in the FAQ post about having to upgrade to truly have access to it.


Just simple greed.

Contributor
jmedeiros
Posts: 12
Registered: ‎09-03-2012

Re: Pac-12 FAQ and Information

[ Edited ]

I live in the SF Bay area and receive Pac12BA in hi def.   Now that the season has started, will the Pac12 Network national feed be offered in hi def as well?

Official Employee
ComcastTeds
Posts: 7,703
Registered: ‎01-09-2012

Re: PAC 12 NETWORK


azcats4418 wrote:

Please reconsider allowing streaming of the Pac-12 Network to regions that don't get the channel.  At the very least that is what you should offer.   I hope Comcast reconsiders offering the channel in Illinois and other areas. 


Online access is restricted to customers who have PAC12 Network in their TV package whether you have Comcast or Cox or Bighthouse or any video service provider. 

 

That is a contractual requirement from PAC12 Network that preserves their advertising revenue and subscriber count and is an incentive for cable systems to offer the channel.

 

If you want more information about that aspect and restriction, I would encourage you to contact PAC12 Network directly  http://support.pac-12.com/home

 

Generally, having online access as a part of your video subscription level is pretty standard in order to preserve the network's business model which is typically tied to both ad revenue and subscriber fees. 

 

Online streaming of PAC 12 Network from Comcast is expected this week. 

Official Employee
ComcastTeds
Posts: 7,703
Registered: ‎01-09-2012

Re: Pac-12 FAQ and Information


CrazedZooChimp wrote:

I'm lucky enough to live in the SF Bay Area and have access to the Pac-12 network with my cable package, but I was hoping to be able to re-watch some of the content from the network, including preview shows, classic games, and full replays of this seasons games (like this weekends football games) OnDemand.  I couldn't find any Pac-12 network content in the OnDemand menu, though.  Are there plans to include any?  


Yes, we plan to offer PAC12 Network content On Demand as well later this year.  

Official Employee
ComcastTeds
Posts: 7,703
Registered: ‎01-09-2012

Re: Pac-12 FAQ and Information

[ Edited ]

Cjmacyogi wrote:

ComcastTeds wrote:

Cjmacyogi wrote:

I live in Davis, CA (95618) and have the digital starter package with HD.  I am receiving the regional feed on 433, but I'm not getting the national feed on 434 or the HD regional feed on 823. Does that make sense?


Can you send me your information (address and/or phone number) via PM (Private Message) and I can have someone review your account to be sure all is set up correctly, thanks.



Well, that was a mistake.  I sent my contact info to Comcast.  I just tried to tune into the Cal game and now I don't get any Pac12 feed.  I no longer get the SD Bay Area feed, and I still don't get the SD national feed or the HD Bay Area feed. Thanks Comcast!


Apologies, it appears that our equipment was not set up correctly in Davis, CA. This was recently corrected.

 

Davis, CA and all of Yolo County, CA are assigned to the Sacramento-Stockton-Modesto TV market (DMA).  

 

For your area you would need to subscribe to our Digital Preferred package (or above) in order to view the PAC12 Regional Network. A subscription to the Sports Entertainment Package is required to view the PAC12 National Network in your area.

Areas in the San Francisco, Oakland and San Jose TV Markets receive the PAC 12 Regional network on Digital Starter. Those areas are in DMAs that are home to a PAC12 school.  

New Visitor
mdhiett
Posts: 3
Registered: ‎08-16-2012

Re: Pac-12 FAQ and Information


ComcastTeds wrote:

VA-UTE wrote:

"Or conversely, for the two-thirds of our customers who have access to PAC12 Network, above is what football games they will be able to see. "

 

TEDs are getting a little testy, I like it.  Maybe now you know how the rest of us 1/3rd feel.  It's good to know that my cable provider is OK with 66%.  A D goal is admirable.


Just stating the facts. 100% coverage in the PAC12 school territories and 2/3rds national coverage is certainly a bit better performance than some other video service providers.


Yes TEDS it is better than some, but I still don't get the channel in the DC area, and the first provider to give me the option, no matter the cost, will get my business. 

 

I was told that Comcast would provide it, by both the network, they even gave me a channel number 716, and by the Comcast customer service rep that sold me the service at the beginning of August.  August 15th comes around and guess what; no PAC-12 network, regardless of which plan I pick.  Needless to say if Direct TV gets the PAC-12 network,  before Comcast decides to provide it in the DC area, I will be happy to switch.  At least they didn't lie to me.

Official Employee
ComcastTeds
Posts: 7,703
Registered: ‎01-09-2012

Re: Pac-12 FAQ and Information


1956belair wrote:

Well, since you brought it up again, I quote: "All Xfinity TV customers in a Pac-12 state will have access to their regional network." I live in Southwest Washington (please note my state.)  I do not get my regional network, which would be the Washington network. I receive the Oregon network and the national network. I don't live in Oregon. I can appreciate the fact that I live outside the Washington schools' designated media market and that I would have to view the Washington channel on the digital preferred tier. I'm okay with that.

 

Can you please tell me when I can expect to see the Washington network in SW Washington?


Longview, WA and all of Wahkiakum County are considered part of the Portland, Oregon television market (DMA) as designated by Nielsen Media.

 

http://transition.fcc.gov/dtv/markets/maps_current/Portland_OR.pdf

 

 

We don't currently have plans to offer the PAC 12 WA regional channel in the Portland TV market.  

 

 

Contributor
Posts: 5
Registered: ‎10-17-2007

Re: Pac-12 FAQ and Information

So then "All Xfinity customers in a Pac-12 state will have access to their regional Pac-12 network" is nothing more than a blatant lie?  I don't know what else to call it.

 

So please tell me what I'm missing here. You state "Longview, WA and all of Wahkiakum County are considered part of the Portland, Oregon television market (DMA) as designated by Nielsen Media."  But Comcast's official position is" Xfinity TV customers who live in a Pac-12 state but not in school's designated media market will have access to their regional Pac-12 network on the Digital Preferred tier". I understand fully that  SW Washington is in the Portland, Oregon market. It seems that someone at Comcast seems to have understood problems such as this would come up as well, by stating that we have to watch our state's regional network on the digital tier. By simply pointing to a Nielsen statement and painting a Southwest Washington with a broad brush is in direct conflict with Comcast's own statement.

 

What really appears to be happening is that Comcast's bean counters are doing their darndest to find loopholes to weasel out of paying the Pac-12 network more money, even to the point of total disregard for written policy.

 

Official Employee
ComcastTeds
Posts: 7,703
Registered: ‎01-09-2012

Re: Pac-12 FAQ and Information

[ Edited ]

1956belair wrote:

So then "All Xfinity customers in a Pac-12 state will have access to their regional Pac-12 network" is nothing more than a blatant lie?  I don't know what else to call it.

 

So please tell me what I'm missing here. You state "Longview, WA and all of Wahkiakum County are considered part of the Portland, Oregon television market (DMA) as designated by Nielsen Media."  But Comcast's official position is" Xfinity TV customers who live in a Pac-12 state but not in school's designated media market will have access to their regional Pac-12 network on the Digital Preferred tier". I understand fully that  SW Washington is in the Portland, Oregon market. It seems that someone at Comcast seems to have understood problems such as this would come up as well, by stating that we have to watch our state's regional network on the digital tier. By simply pointing to a Nielsen statement and painting a Southwest Washington with a broad brush is in direct conflict with Comcast's own statement.

 

What really appears to be happening is that Comcast's bean counters are doing their darndest to find loopholes to weasel out of paying the Pac-12 network more money, even to the point of total disregard for written policy.

 


The regional PAC12 Network for your geographic area is considered PAC 12 Oregon.

 

We don't have currently have plans to offer PAC12 Washington in your area. We do offer the PAC 12 Washington regional network in Seattle and Spokane.

 

 

Official Employee
ComcastTeds
Posts: 7,703
Registered: ‎01-09-2012

Re: Pac-12 FAQ and Information

[ Edited ]

UPDATE: LIVE STREAMING OF PAC12 NETWORKS via XFINITY TV

 

Live online streaming of PAC-12 networks will begin on September 5 on www.xfinitytv.com. Access to all seven streaming feeds (six regional plus national) will be available to customers who subscribe to the PAC12 network, whether regional or national.

The PAC12 content will be available under the Live section of the www.xfinitytv.com homepage. Direct links are as follows (NOTE, the links may not be working until September 5th):

 

Online access is restricted to customers who have PAC12 Network in their TV package.  

That is a contractual requirement from PAC12 Network (not specific to Comcast) that preserves their advertising revenue and subscriber count and is an incentive for cable systems to offer the channel.

 

If you want more information about that aspect and restriction, I would encourage you to contact PAC12 Network directly  http://support.pac-12.com/home

 

Contributor
AndySnacks
Posts: 13
Registered: ‎08-15-2012

Re: Pac-12 FAQ and Information

We've heard over the past week that you were checking into the mobile streaming issue....any progress on that front? 

Contributor
Posts: 5
Registered: ‎10-17-2007

Re: Pac-12 FAQ and Information

It seems like perhaps a little geography lesson for someone at Comcast may be in order. Just for information's sake Seattle is about a two to three hour drive from SW Washington. Spokane is literally on the other side of the state. It's not a short little drive from anywhere in SW Washington. Bringing up those two markets has as much to do with Southwest Washington as saying that Scotland is pertinate to the Arizona schools. Southwest Washington is much more than a tiny county like Wahkiakum, and much more than a small burg like Longview. Southwest Washington includes Clark County with its' nearly half a million population. It includes a large branch campus of Washington State University. More importantly nearly the entire population of SW Washington considers themselves Washingtonians, not Oregonians. The loyalties and sensitivities run deep. I know for a fact that, although I may be the lone voice on here speaking out against a really thick-headed move on Comcast's part, but I am not, by any stretch of anybody's imagination alone in this. A lot of Comcast's loyal customers are extremely upset.

 

But yet, I feel as though I may as well be talking to a fire hydrant. The decision has been made. Disregard the facts. Ignore any logic. Trample your customers in the name of profits. Comcast has spoken.

 

It's no wonder that Comcast ranks at the bottom of customer satifaction.

Contributor
docsc
Posts: 10
Registered: ‎08-20-2012

Re: Pac-12 FAQ and Information

Comcast Teds; It's bad enough that I had to purchase the Sports Entertainment Pkg. in the Philly suburbs to get the PAC 12 network, in SD I may add, but ESPN goal Line was added to this package but it is also in SD on 713! I know that this channel is available in HD because my neighbor has it with FIOS. This is a joke that Comcast is forcing customers to pay extra for standard definition sports channels! What % of households own at least one HD TV now?

Do your homework Comcast!!!

 

New Visitor
Vaultguru6
Posts: 3
Registered: ‎08-31-2012

Re: Pac-12 FAQ and Information

And what about online streaming via the Xfinity app since you have locked me out of the perfectly functional PAC-12 Live streaming app? You've had 7 days to look for an answer since it was originally asked, Ted. We are your customers ans we deserve it now. 

Spoiler
 
Recognized Contributor
Jcato77
Posts: 87
Registered: ‎07-08-2012

Re: Pac-12 FAQ and Information

The feeds are working for me now - which is great but what about the app streaming?  Not all of us like to carry around laptops to watch these feeds.  I bought an iPad so I could use apps to stream most of my content away from home.

Official Employee
ComcastJoe
Posts: 6,902
Registered: ‎08-11-2011

Re: Pac-12 FAQ and Information


Jcato77 wrote:

The feeds are working for me now - which is great but what about the app streaming?  Not all of us like to carry around laptops to watch these feeds.  I bought an iPad so I could use apps to stream most of my content away from home.


I am sorry but access to live streaming through the Pac-12 mobile apps is not available at this time for Comcast Subscribers. There is no further information at this time but we will update this thread when we learn more. 

 

Thanks,
Joe
XfinityTV.com/Xfinity.com Support
Twitter: @XfinityTVJoe

Recognized Contributor
medziatkowicz
Posts: 447
Registered: ‎12-26-2011

Re: Pac-12 FAQ and Information

[ Edited ]

If it is anything like the watch espn app for android will it be 3 to 6 months?

 

Watch ESPN was launced for Iphone/Ipad/Ipod touch in may and android in august!!!

New Visitor
benjaminj4
Posts: 1
Registered: ‎09-05-2012

Re: Pac-12 FAQ and Information

I appreciate that comcast has gotten the Pac-12 feeds online, however part of the appeal of the Pac-12 network online access is being able to watch more than just the live feed. Does comcast plan on adding any of this functionality to its customers? video.pac-12.com is already a streamlined and useful website. I understand comcast wanting to use its own website. Fine. But what about the additional functionality you appear to me missing?

Bronze Problem Solver
edpeters
Posts: 3,325
Registered: ‎12-13-2007

Re: Pac-12 FAQ and Information


1956belair wrote:

It seems like perhaps a little geography lesson for someone at Comcast may be in order. Just for information's sake Seattle is about a two to three hour drive from SW Washington. Spokane is literally on the other side of the state. It's not a short little drive from anywhere in SW Washington. Bringing up those two markets has as much to do with Southwest Washington as saying that Scotland is pertinate to the Arizona schools. Southwest Washington is much more than a tiny county like Wahkiakum, and much more than a small burg like Longview. Southwest Washington includes Clark County with its' nearly half a million population. It includes a large branch campus of Washington State University. More importantly nearly the entire population of SW Washington considers themselves Washingtonians, not Oregonians. The loyalties and sensitivities run deep. I know for a fact that, although I may be the lone voice on here speaking out against a really thick-headed move on Comcast's part, but I am not, by any stretch of anybody's imagination alone in this. A lot of Comcast's loyal customers are extremely upset.

 

But yet, I feel as though I may as well be talking to a fire hydrant. The decision has been made. Disregard the facts. Ignore any logic. Trample your customers in the name of profits. Comcast has spoken.

 

It's no wonder that Comcast ranks at the bottom of customer satifaction.


I couldn't have said it better!

Visitor
SuperD1977
Posts: 4
Registered: ‎08-16-2012

Re: Pac-12 FAQ and Information

Okay, so ignoring annoyance of the fact that only Comcast apparently doesn't think its customers deserve to be able to access the PAC 12 content through all the other delivery channels the league has made avaiable (league portal, mobile apps), for pete's sake at least make the feed available on your own apps.

 

is anyone else having trouble actually accessing the feed?

 

I normally use Chrome or Firefox for my browsers. In both cases when I tried to open the feed it told me I had to install Microsoft Silverlight. In both cases I accepted the download, but when I attempted to install it I was told that I already had the 64-bit Microsoft Silverlight plug-in installed and it won't install. The Comcast site keeps telling me I still need the missing plug-in, but the Silverlight installer tells me its already there. I'm not sure if the issue is Comcast or Microsoft installer issue. The only way I was able to get the feed to work was by using Internet Explorer, which apparently didn't already have a Silverlight Plug-in because I never use it..that or its a browser compatibility issue.

 

Also, is there no way to select the specific regional network feed from the XfinityTV site without directly typing in the URL? The Pac 12 network feed under 'Live' on the site only seems to take you directly to national feed. I shouldn't have to go to the forums to figure out where I need to go to access say the LA regional feed to watch a game.

Visitor
Posts: 2
Registered: ‎07-13-2005

Re: Pac-12 FAQ and Information

All feeds -- beaming the same content so far -- works great here.

 

Rebooting a desktop (Mac FFox) browser was the last thing i did to get Pac streaming going, um, besides making sure I was logged into Xfini / CC.  If nothing else works might could un-install then re-install silverlight?  Good luck.

 

A very clever poster on BearInsider fan bbs suggested folks BOOKMARK the 7 links (up there  ^^^ on this same page) until other server access shows up.

 

Still at single digits after day zero baby steps, might wanna try'n stay calm SuperD.

Visitor
SuperD1977
Posts: 4
Registered: ‎08-16-2012

Re: Pac-12 FAQ and Information


CupertinoJay wrote:

 

Rebooting a desktop (Mac FFox) browser was the last thing i did to get Pac streaming going, um, besides making sure I was logged into Xfini / CC.  If nothing else works might could un-install then re-install silverlight?  Good luck.

 

 

Once Silverlight successfully installed/updated in IE and I logged in, the feed starting working in my other browsers as well. Suspect this is a Silverlight installer or browser compatibility issue, not something on Comcast's side since it worked fine with Microsofts own browser.

Official Employee
ComcastTeds
Posts: 7,703
Registered: ‎01-09-2012

Re: Pac-12 FAQ and Information


AndySnacks wrote:

We've heard over the past week that you were checking into the mobile streaming issue....any progress on that front? 


We don't have anything to announce at this time regarding the mobile streaming  but we'll share any details as they become available.

Official Employee
ComcastTeds
Posts: 7,703
Registered: ‎01-09-2012

Re: Pac-12 FAQ and Information


1956belair wrote:

It seems like perhaps a little geography lesson for someone at Comcast may be in order. Just for information's sake Seattle is about a two to three hour drive from SW Washington. Spokane is literally on the other side of the state. It's not a short little drive from anywhere in SW Washington. Bringing up those two markets has as much to do with Southwest Washington as saying that Scotland is pertinate to the Arizona schools. Southwest Washington is much more than a tiny county like Wahkiakum, and much more than a small burg like Longview. Southwest Washington includes Clark County with its' nearly half a million population. It includes a large branch campus of Washington State University. More importantly nearly the entire population of SW Washington considers themselves Washingtonians, not Oregonians. The loyalties and sensitivities run deep. I know for a fact that, although I may be the lone voice on here speaking out against a really thick-headed move on Comcast's part, but I am not, by any stretch of anybody's imagination alone in this. A lot of Comcast's loyal customers are extremely upset.

 

But yet, I feel as though I may as well be talking to a fire hydrant. The decision has been made. Disregard the facts. Ignore any logic. Trample your customers in the name of profits. Comcast has spoken.

 

It's no wonder that Comcast ranks at the bottom of customer satisfaction.


Thanks for your feedback.

 

I clearly understand that you live in SW Washington and you don't have any allegiance to the state of Oregon.

 

I was trying to illustrate that the area of SW Washington where you are is considered 100% part of the Portland Television market (you get your local TV stations from Oregon, not Washington).

 

The local Comcast team made the decision to offer the PAC12 Oregon feed in your area plus the national PAC12 feed. I understand that you don't agree with that decision.  

 

We do not currently have launch plans for PAC12 Washington in the Portland TV market.

 

 

Contributor
DuckUniverse
Posts: 19
Registered: ‎08-15-2012

Re: Pac-12 FAQ and Information

According to information in Jon Wilner's blog (San Jose based sportswriter) the Pac-12 contract with Comcast requires Comcast to carry the network in th Pac-12 states but the decision to carry the network outside the Pac-12 states is entirely up to Comcast.

 

So, according to Wilner's blog, the decision to not offer the Pac-12 Network in DC-Nova, Chicago, and other major markets is entirely on Comcast.

 

So what does Comcast say? Do you own this decision or not?

Official Employee
ComcastJoe
Posts: 6,902
Registered: ‎08-11-2011

Re: Pac-12 FAQ and Information


SuperD1977 wrote:

Also, is there no way to select the specific regional network feed from the XfinityTV site without directly typing in the URL? The Pac 12 network feed under 'Live' on the site only seems to take you directly to national feed. I shouldn't have to go to the forums to figure out where I need to go to access say the LA regional feed to watch a game.


When the links were posted, they were not 100% live yet. Hence why ComcastTeds informed you that they might not working before 9/5. 

 

The links will be added to Xfinity.com/tv but not all have been added yet.

 

Thanks,
Joe
XfinityTV.com/Xfinity.com Support
Twitter: @XfinityTVJoe

Visitor
dstrahan
Posts: 3
Registered: ‎08-31-2012

Re: Pac-12 FAQ and Information

So the PAC-12 has made their network and shows available for streaming through their internet, but Comcast won't allow it?  Fix it or I'm gone as soon as DirectTV signs on w/ the PAC-12.

Recognized Contributor
medziatkowicz
Posts: 447
Registered: ‎12-26-2011

Re: Pac-12 FAQ and Information

DirecTV probably won't get streaming just like they can't use the watch espn site or apps. The networks and cable companies make you have to subscribe to their services to use those features.

Contributor
AndySnacks
Posts: 13
Registered: ‎08-15-2012

Re: Pac-12 FAQ and Information

Not necessarily.  DirectTV offers authentication to use the Big Ten Network's mobile app. 

 

What confuses me is why Comcast wouldn't allow mobile use via the Pac-12 Network's app UNTIL they figured out how to offer it themselves.  If Comcast wants to pull it back in house at that point and direct us to their own app or website - fine.  But when the content and technology exists and is available through a network that Comcast partners with right now....why not let your customers use it?  Makes no sense to me.  I hate that I love Oregon State so much that I switched to Comcast as they were the only provider in my area to offer it, because aside from offering the channel, Comcast seems intent on making it as difficult as possible for me to get access to the Pac-12's content.

New Visitor
RebeccaVivian
Posts: 1
Registered: ‎09-05-2012

Re: Pac-12 FAQ and Information

Please launch the PAC-12 network in Chicago!!!!

Cable Expert
WarEagle57
Posts: 10,676
Registered: ‎12-31-2004

Re: Pac-12 FAQ and Information

How does one access the PAC-12 streaming material with an iPad?  I can see it from the Xfinity web site with the desktop, but that site is blocked on the iPad and there isn't any apparent way to use the Xfinity app to get to it.

Visitor
dstrahan
Posts: 3
Registered: ‎08-31-2012

Re: Pac-12 FAQ and Information

WarEagle57, you can't.  Comcast won't let us.  They won't let us stream video through the PAC-12's app.  But they won't allow live video streaming on their app or from their website if you're on an ipad.  

 

Comcast, your restrictions suck and they're unnecessary.  How are you benefitting by preventing your paying customers from getting live video on our mobile devices?  And do you think that's a good long-term business decision?  

Contributor
PDXfootballfan
Posts: 6
Registered: ‎08-18-2012

Re: Pac-12 FAQ and Information

Just so everyone knows, in order to stream the channels on xfinitytv.comcast.net you MUST have both television AND internet through comcast even though they have said you only need television and it even says on their television products website that having even digital starter service gives you streaming online access. 

 

Just more lies from Comcast, what else is new. Worst company in America by far. 

Recognized Contributor
Jcato77
Posts: 87
Registered: ‎07-08-2012

Re: Pac-12 FAQ and Information

Why in the world is Comcast using Silverlight to stream the Pac-12 content, This can't be the decision of the Pac-12 network also.  Comcast is Light years behind the rest of the world when it comes to technology.  They got it right by allowing the watch espn app and access to the site directly.  These sites use the new Adobe TV software. 

 

Microsoft is/has discontinuted support for Silverlight and has moved on to real web technologies like everyone else.

 

http://gigaom.com/video/microsoft-giving-up-on-silverlight-joining-html5-party/

 

Get it together Comcast stop trying to re-invent the wheel.  Give us direct access to the Pac-12.com website for streaming and allow us to use the App just like other providers.  No one want's to use your website to stream content at home.  We want it whenever, where ever, however.

New Visitor
Vaultguru6
Posts: 3
Registered: ‎08-31-2012

Re: Pac-12 FAQ and Information

Can someone provide people on this thread with the email address of a Comcast executive so we can express our concerns about Comcast's terrible customer service regarding the PAC 12 network to someone who has some pull? Ted is just telling us he will fill us in when Comcast decides to change their policies regarding streaming on mobile devices, but he has expressed no interest in passing on the demands of Comcast's customers shown on this site.

 

Thanks to anyone who can help.

Cable Expert
JayInAlg
Posts: 12,046
Registered: ‎03-02-2007

Re: Pac-12 FAQ and Information

Regional and Corp contacts are listed here.

Official Employee
ComcastJoe
Posts: 6,902
Registered: ‎08-11-2011

Re: Pac-12 FAQ and Information


PDXfootballfan wrote:

Just so everyone knows, in order to stream the channels on xfinitytv.comcast.net you MUST have both television AND internet...


This is not true. The requirements that are posted in this thread are correct. If you are a cable only subscriber, all you need to do is create a Comcast ID. Were you told this by a Comcast representative?

 

Are you not a Xfinity Internet customer? You are signed into this forum with a Comcast.net e-mail address.

 

I have moved your issue here and will reach out to you shortly. Try creating a Comcast ID and then try to sign in.

 

For others, if you are having issues watching the live Pac-12 channels on xfinity.com/tv, please post your issue here:

 

http://forums.comcast.com/t5/XfinityTV-Website/bd-p/OnlineHelpTV

 

Thanks,
Joe
XfinityTV.com/Xfinity.com Support
Twitter: @XfinityTVJoe

New Visitor
Jillup
Posts: 3
Registered: ‎09-06-2012

Re: Pac-12 FAQ and Information

It's nice that you finally got the streaming up for the Pac-12, but why do you make it so difficult to get to the local networks?   Most people will never find the URLs in this forum.

Official Employee
ComcastTeds
Posts: 7,703
Registered: ‎01-09-2012

Re: Pac-12 FAQ and Information


Vaultguru6 wrote:

Can someone provide people on this thread with the email address of a Comcast executive so we can express our concerns about Comcast's terrible customer service regarding the PAC 12 network to someone who has some pull? Ted is just telling us he will fill us in when Comcast decides to change their policies regarding streaming on mobile devices, but he has expressed no interest in passing on the demands of Comcast's customers shown on this site.

 

Thanks to anyone who can help.


 

The Comcast programming teams and local management teams constantly evaluate programming choices and policies and make decisions based on customer interests, costs, channel bandwidth management and contractual obligations.

 

The Comcast employees who participate in these forums certainly pass along the collective feedback, interests and concerns to those teams. Apologies if I did not state that previously.

 

As with any business, situations may change based on customer demand, channel bandwidth opportunities, business opportunities, costs and contractual obligations.

Official Employee
ComcastTeds
Posts: 7,703
Registered: ‎01-09-2012

Re: Pac-12 FAQ and Information

[ Edited ]

Jillup wrote:

It's nice that you finally got the streaming up for the Pac-12, but why do you make it so difficult to get to the local networks?   Most people will never find the URLs in this forum.


I thought it was important to post the links here ASAP as this is where a lot of the real-time discussion and feedback is happening.

 

The links will be all added to Xfinity.com/tv. Not all have been added yet.

Contributor
Jbrown4435
Posts: 5
Registered: ‎09-06-2012

Re: Pac-12 FAQ and Information

[ Edited ]

Why can't I stream through the PAC12 site directly on my iPad or laptop?  It's bad enough I can't get the Washington network but now I can't even use the services the Pac12 have provided?  Why is Comcast screwing us so hard on this?  

 

Sincerely,

 

-Frustrated customer.

Recognized Contributor
Posts: 72
Registered: ‎11-19-2008

Re: Pac-12 FAQ and Information

[ Edited ]

Linked below is an article at Comcast Voices, Comcast's official blog. The entry touts all the football available on Xfinity and, incorrectly, touts Pac-12 Networks as if the channels were available to all. No distinction is made regarding the unavailability of the channels to many major markets outside the Pac-12 footprint in the West. Note that no other channel that is regional in nature like the numerous Fox Sports Net and Comcast Sports Network affiliates are mentioned. The implication is all channels are national.

 

Given all the misinformation provided by customer service reps and the manner in which Pac-12 Networks' own incorrect channel finder was allowed to mislead Comcast customers for months prior to launch when Comcast decision makers had the same access as anyone else and could have ordered an immediate correction, I ask these questions. How did this blog entry get through the editing process? How many more people will be misled by its info?

 

Please have the entry edited to reflect the true state of affairs or, better yet, give Pac-12 Networks to all customers in all areas and provide it in high definition.

 

Comcast Voices - Catch All The Football Action

Visitor
mnjohn
Posts: 4
Registered: ‎08-21-2012

Re: Pac-12 FAQ and Information

Dish network just signed a deal with the PAC 12.  Looks like its time for me to quit Comcast you all.

Contributor
Jbrown4435
Posts: 5
Registered: ‎09-06-2012

Re: Pac-12 FAQ and Information

Does Dish offer all of the Pac12 Networks and is their national network HD?  I might also make the switch.

Contributor
smashmode
Posts: 10
Registered: ‎04-17-2012

Re: Pac-12 FAQ and Information

Unknown if they offer hd, but you should be able to stream all 7 networks