New Visitor
mdhiett

Re: PAC 12 "Where are you?".

I am active duty military, and as a result I move around a lot.  In fact I have only been at my current location, Maryland/DC area, for just over one month.  I had Direct TV at my previous location and I was satisfied, so I decided that I would go ahead and get it here as well.  I then remembered that Direct TV and the PAC-12 hadn't come to an agreement.  I have to be able to watch my alma mater, Go Utes.  I checked into who carried the PAC-12 Network in my area.  Only one option, Comcast.  Needless to say I chose Comcast for TV and internet.  I got the Digital Premium Perferred Package with the Sports and Entertainment add-on.  I figured that should cover it, and if not I was willing to add whatever else I needed to.

Turns out somebody at Comcast decided not to provide the PAC-12 Network in Maryland.  I feel lied to.  Since I have had Comcast service for less than a week at this point, I will give it one week and if it looks like I won't be getting the PAC-12 Network, I will switch to another provider(s) for all services.  I have sent an email of complaint to Comcast and the PAC-12.

Official Employee
ComcastTeds

Re: pac-12 network how much

[ Edited ]

ComcastTeds wrote:

Logsdons2012 wrote:

Will live stream be available for EVERYONE or 'most'????? Answer please!

Once I have that answer, I will be glad to post it. Thanks.

The live streams of the PAC 12 Network will be available to customers who have the PAC12 Network as a part of their Comcast TV package. 

Customers who have the PAC 12 Network will be able to access the multiple streams. Online access is expected to be available in September or sooner.

Thanks for your patience while I got the answer.

Recognized Contributor

Re: Pac-12 FAQ and Information

So if you don't get the channel on TV, you don't get it online?

I appreciate you communicating this information. However, this entire scenario and the misinformation, intentional or not, on Comcast's part in previous days is absolutely unacceptable.

Why is my market, Minneapolis, being denied Pac-12 Networks? What possible reason could there be?
Official Employee
ComcastTeds

smashmode wrote:

You have stated that Comcast will not offer P12 network in Illinois:

Here is the channel finder info for zipcode :60609

Comcast carries Pac-12 Networks! Good News, Pac-12 Networks will be available in August 2012 on Comcast.  Please check with Comcast to learn your new favorite channel number.

PAC12 Network is not currently available in Illinois, we are working with PAC 12 Network to get their database updated. 

Contributor
JMann62

Thanks for providing an answer, ComcastTeds.

This makes my decision to leave Comcast much easier: if I cannot receive the PAC-12 Network in any form as a Comcast customer, then I will no longer remain a Comcast customer.

Contributor
qwerty111

[ Edited ]
ComcastTeds wrote:
ComcastTeds wrote:

Logsdons2012 wrote:

Will live stream be available for EVERYONE or 'most'????? Answer please!

Once I have that answer, I will be glad to post it. Thanks.

The live streams of the PAC 12 Network will be available to customers who have 

The PAC12 Network as a part of their Comcast package. 

Customers who have the PAC 12 Network will be able to access the multiple streams. Online access is expected to be available in September or sooner.

Thanks for your patience while I got the answer.

So now it's not until maybe September!?!? Football starts on August 30. Just turn on the TV Everywhere Authentication so we can watch on pac-12.com. We don't need the XfinityTV garbage.

New Visitor
bclayton2003

Re: PAC 12 NETWORK

Live in Chicago. Huge TV market, some might say one of the largest. According to the Pac-12 Network "Channel Finder" site I'm supposed to be getting the Pac-12 Network. Yet, I've been told by Comcast that they will not be carrying the Pac-12 Network in Chicago. This is enough for me to drop Comcast for good, make it right.

New Visitor
FWute

This is so crazy. Comcast really sucks.
New Visitor
tvissues

Re: What is the channel number for the Pac-12 Network?

I finally found the channel based on this forum (I'm in Boston, with the sports entertainment package).  2 questions:  1) the guide on my TV still has no idea this channel exists; and 2) is it available in HD?

Contributor
DuckUniverse

Then, Queen-Evie, I suggest you elevate this topic to a higher level than Ted!

Service Expert
Queen-Evie

[ Edited ]

DuckUniverse wrote:

Then, Queen-Evie, I suggest you elevate this topic to a higher level than Ted!

Who would you llike me to elevate it to? I need a name and contact info for that person. It's doubtful that anything I do will help. As a customer there is only so much I can do. I'm sure someone will screen my "elevation" and toss it into the trash, never reaching the person it was intended for.

I suggest that YOU look over the posts in this forum and read the ones concerning Comcast employees and how they are identified. You can then direct your comments at them, not me. I also suggest that maybe you need to know what you are talking about before you spout off with silly useless comments like the one you just made.

OR

Why don't YOU elevate this topic to higher level instead of trying to pawn that chore off on someone else? Are you to lazy to do so?

If I were a Comcast employee I certainly would not be allowed to post criticism of Comcast in the forum and I have criticized many times, including once in this topic.

Since I am on the verge of being uncivil I think I'll stop before I get to snarky.

BTW, I reported myself for snarkiness.

Comcast employees must be authorized to post in the forum in an official capacity. Employees posting here have their names in red and are designated as employees. Names not in red are customers.

This is done to protect customers and for assurance that they are dealing with a Comcast employee.
Non-Authorized Employees are allowed to post but cannot state they are employees nor can they allude to being employees.

New Visitor
LC505

Can someone from Comcast please explain why certain regions are being excluded? Why isn't there any option to pay extra to get the Pac-12 networks? Why are they being completely blocked?

Service Expert
Queen-Evie

Those of us with Premier XF tv package should be able to get it as part of the Sports Entertainment Package.  "Most markets" is not good enough for me. I pay for the SEP each month as part of the Premier XF tier. If it is available to some then it should be available for all.

Comcast employees must be authorized to post in the forum in an official capacity. Employees posting here have their names in red and are designated as employees. Names not in red are customers.

This is done to protect customers and for assurance that they are dealing with a Comcast employee.
Non-Authorized Employees are allowed to post but cannot state they are employees nor can they allude to being employees.

Visitor
buffysangel

Re: No HD for Pac 12 National Channel?

I just looked at the listings for Pac 12 Oregon and it has both standard and HD listed. But there is only  standard for the Pac 12 National channel. Is there going to be an HD channel for national or will it always be standard? I spoke to to a Comcast rep and he did not know.

Contributor
qwerty111

[ Edited ]

I'm lifting this from a different thread. Let this guy know you want the Pac-12 Network available online now!

Contributor
DuckUniverse

I just emailed the comcast VP.

Also Queenie - I assumed you were a Comcast employee since your title is service expert, you rode to the rescue of Ted, and your number of posts and your threats to close the thread.

Service Expert
Queen-Evie

Duckie, let us know what kind of response you get. If you get one.

New Visitor
OregonDan

Available sometime in September? The University of Oregon season starts September 1!  I suggest Comcast get the regional networks available to all by then at the latest.

Contributor
qwerty111

[ Edited ]

"Stay tuned for more details in coming weeks."

He's an east coast guy. What does he care about the Pac 12? He'll get to it when he gets to it, maybe.

Worthless.

Contributor
ZZinDC

Re: PAC 12 "Where are you?".

I am in 100% agreement with you.. I live in DC and switched from Dish to Comcast for the sole reason of getting the Pac-12 Network.  No one I have talked to at Comcast has given me a real answer, only answers ranging from "it will be available soon" to "I have never heard of that channel".  Get your story straight and give your customers REAL information, not some run-around to string us along until our 30-day money back guarantee is up.  If on day 28 I do not see the Pac-12 Network on my TV you will be saying goodbye to me as a customer for good, especially when Dish is willing to do a lot to get me back. 

Thanks, 

New Visitor
df2003

You have a channel that isn't carried by Direct tv or Dish with customers (some who are switching over from the satellite network) who want to watch it and are willing to pay extra just to watch it.  

But certain Comcast markets are refusing to carry the channel of a Network you guys reached a deal with months ago.  

This kind of corporate stupidity is just mind boggling.  People are litterally screaming "take my money" and you're still doing nothing.  

Contributor
qwerty111

[ Edited ]

Comcast censors are out in force today in the forums.

http://blog.comcast.com/author/matt-strauss/

Comcast censor, before you delete this again, click on it and see that right at the top it says "a place for conversations with Comcast". If Matt Strauss doesn't want to be contacted about the (lack of) offerings from his division, take the blog down.

Contributor
AndySnacks

I think we can all agree that the Pac-12 and Comcast didn't really communicate all that effectively on what markets were going to receive what, and maybe that's just because it wasn't ultimately decided until very recently.  What is discouraging though is that there doesn't seem to be any desire by Comcast to explain WHY some markets are getting it and some aren't.  I think that's all people really would like to know.  Also, it seems like if people across the country are willing to pay $7.95 for the sports tier to get Pac-12 National, why wouldn't they provide it there?  These are the questions people want answers to, not just "we have no plans to add the channel in your area." 

Visitor
Dannewkirk

[ Edited ]

Great! Thank you.

Are there any plans to offer the national PAC12 station in HD anytime in the near future?

Would you mind explaining why it's offered only in standard definition? It seems that if the regional stations are offered in HD than it wouldn't be to difficult to at least offer the national station in HD (at least where their coverage overlaps). What am I missing?

ComcastTeds wrote:

Dannewkirk wrote:

I would also like some info on the pac-12 network. My zip code is 02131. 

Thanks

For Cambridge, MA, PAC12 Network is available on channel 194 as part of the Sports Entertainment Package.

Visitor
scruff24

Just got this email from Comcast:

The link above [pac-12.org] is for PAC 12 programming which became available as of August 12, 2012.  You can also log into your Comcast account and search PAC 12 under TV listings and it will give you the games and channels available to Comcast customers.

This information is completely wrong. Comcast is useless.

New Visitor
robc67

Ted, are you saying that we will be able to view all the Pac12 feeds online if we have the Pac12 Network as part of our TV package? As in, I will be able to view the Pac12 Bay Area feed, the Pac12 Oregon Feed, the Pac12 Los Angeles feed, etc. in Salt Lake City?

Official Employee
ComcastJoe

robc67 wrote:

Ted, are you saying that we will be able to view all the Pac12 feeds online if we have the Pac12 Network as part of our TV package? As in, I will be able to view the Pac12 Bay Area feed, the Pac12 Oregon Feed, the Pac12 Los Angeles feed, etc. in Salt Lake City?

This is correct. If the National Pac-12 channel is in your market, all other sub channels will be available online.

Thanks,
Joe
XfinityTV.com/Xfinity.com Support
Twitter: @XfinityTVJoe

Contributor
qwerty111

robc67, yes, it will be available on xfinitytv.com, except Comcast Senior VP Matt Strauss, in charge of Digital Platforms, has his head buried in his east coast biased sand and he may or may not eventually get around to implementing it. Until then, you get nothing. Email/Tweet him and let him know what you think.

Contributor
ZZinDC

Soooo, I have now called 4 times, Teds, and every time the customer service representative, after about 20 minutes of research, has confirmed with me that the Pac-12 national network WILL be available in DC ( my zip is 20001).. The Pac-12 channel finder also says this.  Now, you are saying there are not plans to have the channel in the DC area (I mean, why would you want 6 million + people in a city with a lot of west-coasters pay to see their favorite teams play?  That would be silly!!)

Where are you getting your information from and why is it different from everyone else I talked to... I need a confirmation, because if the answer is no, then my answer to Comcast is also no, NO you will not have my business after this bait-and-switch nonsense. 

Thanks,

Official Employee
ComcastTeds

ZZinDC wrote:

Soooo, I have now called 4 times, Teds, and every time the customer service representative, after about 20 minutes of research, has confirmed with me that the Pac-12 national network WILL be available in DC ( my zip is 20001).. The Pac-12 channel finder also says this.  Now, you are saying there are not plans to have the channel in the DC area (I mean, why would you want 6 million + people in a city with a lot of west-coasters pay to see their favorite teams play?  That would be silly!!)

Where are you getting your information from and why is it different from everyone else I talked to... I need a confirmation, because if the answer is no, then my answer to Comcast is also no, NO you will not have my business after this bait-and-switch nonsense. 

Thanks,

PAC12 Network is not currently available in the DC area. That of course may change.

We are working directly with PAC 12 Network to get their zip code database updated. 

It is not very accurate for a lot of zip codes (and not just for Comcast) and I know that this is frustrating and adding to the confusion.

Recognized Contributor

Ted, the answer as to why certain markets are being excluded still hasn't been addressed. Why are DC, Minneapolis, Chicago, Detroit, and other cities being excluded while Boston, Atlanta, and other non Western cities are getting the network? What is the determining factor? Please explain. The lack of information on this matter is as frustrating as the lack of the channel itself.
Contributor
ZZinDC

Yes, you're right, that MAY change.. just like everything else in this flipping world... Thank you for stringing me along Comcast, I will now likely take my business elsewhere :smileyhappy:

New Visitor
hicalliber

Will Tennessee be getting the Pac-12 network? Area code 38103...thanks.

Official Employee
ComcastTeds

[ Edited ]

EDIT: Sorry, I was working on Nashville and Memphis inquiries and got the cities/responses mixed up.  

New Visitor
hicalliber

I'm not in Nashville, I'm in Memphis.

Official Employee
ComcastTeds

[ Edited ]

hicalliber wrote:

I'm not in Nashville, I'm in Memphis.

Apologies. The PAC 12 channel is not currently available or scheduled to be available in Memphis at this time.

Contributor
AndySnacks

So Pennsylvania yes, Chicago no.  Boston yes, Florida no.  Memphis no, DC.....maybe?  Whose turn is it to throw a dart at the map?

New Visitor
billmich88

is there confirmation 1 way or the other about Michigan/Detroit area having access to this channel

The comissioner of the Pac-12 made this grand announcement about distribution, and it looks to be the same nightmare I went through with the Big 10 network all over again

New Visitor
Ajaved

How come noone can give a clear answer to the following questions. If I live in northern Virginia and am a Comcast subscriber,:

Will I get PAC-12 national channel

Will I be able to watch Regional PAC-12 channels

Will these be free or part of paid package

Contributor
smashmode

Ajaved:

No you can't get p12 in virgina
Recognized Contributor

I've been definitively told Minneapolis isn't getting Pac-12 Networks. Now I want to know the precise reason why not. Not possible reasons or speculation. The exact reason. One absolutely exists. Comcast reps and admins, who can and will tell me?
New Visitor
Couv_Husky

I am very p1ssed off that Husky and Coug fans in Vancouver, Washington are stuck with the Pac 12 Oregon channel.  I have complained to Comcast and every other Husky or Coug fan in Clark County/Vancouver needs to do the same.  I also think it is ridiculous that they expect me to pay for the national channel which will not be in HD and we have no option to get the PAC 12 Washington channel.  

Visitor
tom_Oregon

I believe it has to do with Time Warner and other cable industry people. Atlanta and Boston are two big Time Warner cities which the Pac-12 Enterprises has come to an agreement with them besides cable providers. (My dad works for a company that deals with Video on Demand with the cable industry and Time Warner is one of their customers.) 

Also, This is merely a test run to see how demanding the channels are and in what areas. The more people complain in a way that isn't demeaning to the providers, but polite, the more likely your voices will be heard by the corporate decision makers. Just a thought.

Tom

Visitor
tom_Oregon

I also live in Oregon, specifically the area code of 97223. How much is the pac-12 Network and would I get other channels such as Big Ten, FCS, and I already get the CBS network. I just want to know if it's worth paying the extra $ each month because I have season tickets to OSU games, but there are 5 other away games and I'd like to watch the other games in the conference as well.

Tom

Go BEAVS!!!

Contributor
smashmode

Tom you should get it for no extra charge
Contributor

[ Edited ]

Okay, I'm a Comcast Denver Metro subscriber at the Digital Starter level.  ComcastTeds earlier said that in the Pac-12 footprint areas (Denver Metro specifically includede), the Pac-12 Local station would be available at the Digital Starter level and above.  Well, I see Pac-12 Mtn on 430 and Pac-12 National on 431, but they both show up as "Not Authorized" on my box.  What gives?

Bronze Problem Solver
edpeters

Call Comcast and tell them the message you are getting and to please include them as authorized in your service package (or whatever they call it).  Have your box ID ready.

Visitor
tom_Oregon

I get the Pac12OR, but not the national network.
Contributor
PDXfootballfan

Wow, good to know comcast will just edit out your comments if you say something that calls out comcasts terrible service and lack of commitment to paying customers. 

Bottom line: it's absolutely ridiculous that they will not activate online video for these channels until "sometime in September." The season starts in 12 days, not in September, I'm paying for this service and I want the online feeds. If you can do it for a bunch of crappy channels than you can do it for the Pac-12 channels. Get it together or I might start looking elsewhere. 

Bronze Problem Solver
edpeters

tom_Oregon wrote:
I get the Pac12OR, but not the national network.

And I'm getting P12MT, but PAC12 is not authorized on cable card (although the guide shows it as carrying the same programs as P12MT).  I suspect that PAC12 will really go active Aug.31/Sept.1?  Or this is still a work in progress: AKA "Comcast still can't figure it out.".  YMMV