New Visitor
JayDengel

Please add MeTV to the channel line up

Have you considered adding MeTV  to your channel line up ?  I miss not having it on comcast . I used to watch it everyday when I had a rival cable provider..  TV land and other retro programming is not as good, as they seem to repeat the same program over and over ...The programming in the Detroit area seems to be tilted to the Afro American demographic  ...all good shows for the most part ,but I liked the variety of MeTV and would like to see Comcast add it to the channel line up .

Regular Problem Solver

Re: Please add MeTV to the channel line up

Where I live there are several channels like this. They include Antenna TV, Bounce, MeTV, and MyNetworkTV. Over the air they are broadcast as subchannels of local TV stations. They are also all carried by Comcast. Maybe if takes a local broacast station to "sponsor it" before Comcast also carries it.

Service Expert
Queen-Evie

MisterEd51 wrote:

Maybe if takes a local broacast station to "sponsor it" before Comcast also carries it.

Correct. If a local broadcast station does not "sponser" MeTV you won't get it.

Comcast employees must be authorized to post in the forum in an official capacity. Employees posting here have their names in red and are designated as employees. Names not in red are customers.

This is done to protect customers and for assurance that they are dealing with a Comcast employee.
Non-Authorized Employees are allowed to post but cannot state they are employees nor can they allude to being employees.

Silver Problem Solver
commanguy

And sometimes Comcast doesn't carry it in all service areas even if it is carried by a local station.

Prime example, me. I get MeTV. The station that carries that also carries ThisTV, AntennaTV and LiveWell Network. We were supposed to get AntennaTV and LiveWell Network last October.

They never appeared for us but the metro area cities that are system is connected to get them.

Some sort of contractual arrangement that leaves us out of the other 3 networks.

Gold Problem Solver
BruceW

Queen-Evie wrote: ... Correct. If a local broadcast station does not "sponser" MeTV you won't get it.

My understanding also. Yet, the ME-TV "Where to Watch" page for Detroit at http://metvnetwork.com/wherewatch.php?marketID=224 lists ME-TV channels for U-verse and WOW, even though there doesn't seem to be a local broadcaster. Anybody know how that works?

Silver Problem Solver
commanguy

BruceW

Good question. But I saw the same thing for Flint MI, and Hartford CT from the MeTV website.

New Visitor
donald266

i would like for whoever is in charge, to consider putting me tv on your channel line up. me and the wife, like these older sitcoms still funny then ever after all these years. please put it on the air thanks        Don