Contributor
usry723
Accepted Solution

Premier League Extra Time

"@epltalk Xfinity Comcast will make Premier League Extra Time available to all Comcast customers nationwide per NBC"

Premier League Extra Time is a set of channels made available (for free) by NBC that will allow customers to watch every EPL game. Is there any news on when Comcast will launch this service? Hopefully in time for the season to start on August 17th? 

Contributor
jtmlxx

Re: Premier League Extra Time

[ Edited ]

How long does it take for some Comcast/Xfinity person to respond to questions like this?  

I tried to get an answer to the same question by phone a week ago:  nobody knew anything, at least nobody I could reach.

I also asked about Bundesliga coverage:  same thing, nobody knew anything.  I guess that the increased interest in European soccer by Americans is flying under their radar.

Regular Contributor
Midnight763

I have no idea who to call or to ask. It is just like a maze on Comcast to find anyone with any knowledge at all.

Contributor
armpitt212

I have tried 4 times now, online chat and on the phone and no one knows anything. I've sent an email that has yet to be replied to. They just take our money and leave us in the dark.

New Visitor
Evertonfan

Same lack of information from Metro Detroit. Chat knew nothing. Phone support said they would call me back but did not. Can it really be this hard??

New Visitor
PharmaDoc

Comcast doesn't have US rights to the Bundesliga in English. I found a nice wikipedia article breaking down which broadcasters have the rights here for almost any game you would want to see.

Short answer:

EPL is on NBC Sports.

FA Cup, Champions League and Europa League are on Fox.

Serie A and Ligue 1 are on beIN sports.

Bundesliga is on GolTV (not on Comcast) and ESPN Deportes (not in English).

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sports_broadcasting_contracts_in_the_United_States#Soccer

Regular Contributor
Midnight763

I am waiting on a 2nd call back. Spoke to a chap who is responding to my email to executive office. Marketing had told him Premier League Extra time did not refer to a specific channel but the entire platform. I read him the NBC press release. I am hoping to get some clarification on when Comcast will offer these channels.

I have seen a press release saying Comcast will carry these channels. It is so close to launch date I am getting nervous.

Contributor
Aprfool

I got Comcast because I felt they are better than ATT Uverse. But I swear Comcast has the worst customer service. I hate having to call them because the operator has no clue whats even on Comcast. 

Contributor
Aprfool

I called Customer service, and the reply I got was the extra games will be carried on the ESPN Networks. I think the guy was giving me some B.S. because I don't believe he knew either. Just wanted to say what I found out from a guy named "Jason".

Regular Contributor
Midnight763

So on Saturday morning we will most probably find out the 4 games on Premier League Extra time will be on ESPN, FOX, NBC, .... lol

I think someone in Comcast has to send out a memo to the Customer Service Front Line to tell them what is actually happening. Telling people B.S. is not good for the company image.

All we actually know so far is that we will get games on NBC, NBCSN, and NBC Live (net app) ... but not where or when we get the PLET channels. I know there are 4 channels as satellite has them on already.

Visitor
Geess2

Considering that NBC (owned by Comcast) went to GREAT lengths to get this deal, and are promoting the heck out of it, its astonishing that Comcast aren't on the ball with this and have the channels ready to roll so we know where to go for the games that we want.

New Visitor
Charliebull33

On the phone with their helpful folks and the question sure seems to stun them, much searching on their internal database and holding.

I re-read the release http://corporate.comcast.com/news-information/news-feed/nbc-sports-group-announces-multi-platform-co...

And it seems that the extra time is supposed to be free, further all the games should be available on the NBC Sports Live Extra app - they're all scheduled on it for this weekend.
Contributor
Isellthisstuff

Well, U-Verse & DirecTV have the game live on specific Premier League Extra Time Channels, so given that Comcast have spent a fortune on this they best have the channels or I'm off.

Visitor
Astorian

Don't know if this is true, but I read on another site that the Extra Time channels will be available in the on demand section.
Contributor
Aprfool

Me too, at least U-verse has Boomerang.s

Contributor
armpitt212

Talked a rep today via chat and was told that the channels are still in the process of being added, but no time frame was given as to when this would happen. Hopefully by Sat at 10am. Wish someone at Comast actually knew what was going on in their own company.

Contributor
armpitt212

Just found this on Twitter:

"I am hearing that Comcast's Premier League Extra Time feeds will be accessible through Xfinity On Demand and not as channels per se."

Visitor
Geess2

Well that sucks for DVRing, unless they are available after the fact too.

New Visitor
Evertonfan

I just found the following link:

http://worldsoccertalk.com/2013/08/15/where-to-find-premier-league-extra-time-on-your-cable-or-satel...

Inside it talks about Comcast's Premier League Extra Time Coverage:

Premier League Extra Time feeds will be accessible through Xfinity On Demand and not as channels per se.

It links to a "source" of  https://twitter.com/thegoalkeeper/status/368020179705286658

This is a twitter feed from "thegoalkeeper"

Make of the above what you will.

Regular Contributor
tythety

From Twitter Headquarters - For Atlanta Area:

It will called XFINITY On Demand’s Extra Time and available LIVE under Main Menu>Sports & Fitness >Premier League >Live Matches

Contributor
Aprfool

I was just Told by an operator that the EPL extra time would be on ESPN  channel 1003 and I would have to upgrade my cable bill to complete premiere channel level. Does this make sense to anyone?

Contributor
Aprfool

I just contacted a live chat operator, and she told me that the only information she had, was that Engligh premier league was on NBC and the NBC sports network, and had no idea what NBC extra time was. After several minutes, she told me she would investigate further.

Thank you Comcast for having absolutely the worst custosmer Service ever! Tomorrow I call ATT U-verse if there isn't any action about adding channels.

BTW, at least with U-verse I'll finally get to watch Boomerang.

Visitor
Astorian

That doesn't sound right to me. Everything I've read has said that the extra channels are free and not connected with a premium sports tier, kind of like how the NBc basketball and soccer channels were offered during the Olympics.
Contributor
armpitt212

No, this extra stuff is not part of ESPN at all and you do not need to upgrade or pay anything more. I was told that too at one point in my many pointless convos with chat reps. They said it was part of the multilatino package, again this is not accurate. From what I have been hearing throughout today, it will be On Demand, only way for Comcast to roll it out nationally. Too much work for all the local affiliates to add an actual channel. I hope at some point they do add channels, but for now it will be under On Demand.

Regular Contributor
Midnight763

From what I am hearing on the web so far is it will be on demand via sports and fitness, premier leage, live ..... in select markets apparently. So if you get it you get it if not you will be able to see replays and stuff later.

But we still get all the games on NBC, and sister channels, and all games online or whatever via the NBC sports live app.

Contributor
Aprfool

Midnight763 wrote:

From what I am hearing on the web so far is it will be on demand via sports and fitness, premier leage, live ..... in select markets apparently. So if you get it you get it if not you will be able to see replays and stuff later.

But we still get all the games on NBC, and sister channels, and all games online or whatever via the NBC sports live app.

So they finally admit to false advertising? Brilliant! the company that owns the network, that has the rights to EPL are too lazy start channels? And on top of that their operators don't know what english premier league was.

Regular Contributor
tythety

Regular Contributor
Midnight763

On this we will have to wait and see. Some sources say in select markets, others just say on demand. I guess all we can do is see what Saturday brings. I for one won't be a happy bunny if we don't get Premier League Extra time. After all the hype and news releases I expected to get it.

I follow two teams Manchester United and Stoke City - I without the Premier League Extra time will not be able to see most Stoke games as they don't show that many. I am hoping above hope to wake up on Saturday and see Premier League Extra Time. 

Contributor
Isellthisstuff

This doesn't surprise me, I just got on the phone with a CAE who had no idea what Premier League was, never mind what PL Extra Time was.  I explained it was English Soccer and Comcast NBC have the rights to all games, she asked to place me on hold while she investigated further.  Came back and told me I had to add the Cable Latino package as the English Premier League was only on ESPNDesportes.  

I informed her she had old infomation and those rights where no longer in effect.  She didn't have anything else to say.

I'm almost done with this junk.

I'm giving them till Sat to get this right and then I'm off to DirecTV.  Getting it right does mean OnDemand either.... I want recordable channels.

Contributor
skipcarlson

Aprfool wrote:

Midnight763 wrote:

So they finally admit to false advertising? Brilliant! the company that owns the network, that has the rights to EPL are too lazy start channels? And on top of that their operators don't know what english premier league was.

Yeah, that's what's annoying about it. Its blatant false advertising. Overflow channels =/= On Demand. On Demand is awful. God forbid I want to switch to another match. That might take two minutes. And totally forget about DVR'ing a match.

Contributor
armpitt212

I have also found info that this will not be available to everyone. It will only be in select markets to start and everyone should have it by years end. http://www.nbcsports.com/ExtraTime

Go there and enter your zip. Under the Extra Time section it states:

Barclays Premier League Extra Time is available in select XFINITY markets, with the remaining markets expected to be added by the end of the year. Go to On Demand/Sports & Fitness/Premier League to see if you receive the Extra Time package.

FU COMCAST!!

Regular Contributor
Midnight763

there is no reason if they are uing on demand and given all the notice that every area could not have had this on demand section from tomorrow.

I will be one unhpappy bunny if we have to wait until the end of the year. We never got Fox Soccer Plus or Be In Sports English in our market so this will be totally annoying.

I don't want to watch the games online - I want to sit and watch them in HD on the t.v. with my other half. Not have each of us watchin on the latpop.

Get your act together comcat.

New Visitor
_sicariis

[ Edited ]

If these games are not on demand tomorrow morning in HD, then I think im going to take a trip to the comcast office and cancel all my services, as I've had just about enough. I want to watch Josie Altidore (who is on fire) in his first game with Sunderland.

New Visitor
KnuckelsATL

armpitt212 wrote:

I have also found info that this will not be available to everyone. It will only be in select markets to start and everyone should have it by years end. http://www.nbcsports.com/ExtraTime

Go there and enter your zip. Under the Extra Time section it states:

Barclays Premier League Extra Time is available in select XFINITY markets, with the remaining markets expected to be added by the end of the year. Go to On Demand/Sports & Fitness/Premier League to see if you receive the Extra Time package.

FU COMCAST!!

Not showing up in Atlanta, you know, small market that it is. With the cripplingly slow internet speeds in my area, UVerse is looking more and more attractive the more of this **** we have to deal with. Unbelievable. 

Official Employee
ComcastTeds

Some information here on this topic:

http://forums.comcast.com/t5/Channels-and-Programming/Premier-League-Extra-Time-Package-Channels-Sol...

Saturday, August 17
7am - Liverpool v Stoke (NBCSN)
10am - Arsenal v Aston Villa (NBCSN)
10am - Norwich v Everton (Live Extra)
10am - Sunderland v Fulham (Live Extra)
10am - West Brom v Southampton (Live Extra)
10am - West Ham v Cardiff (Live Extra)
12:30pm - Swansea v Man United (NBC)

Sunday, August 18
8:30am - Crystal Palace v Tottenham (NBCSN)
11am - Chelsea v Hull (NBCSN)