Visitor
Accepted Solution

Premium Channels cost per cable box?

I have had the Digital 5 Pay Package with the Sports Entertainment Package, and Major League Baseball.I have 3 TV's [1 HDTV, 2 standard def] and was getting all the channels on each of the cable boxes. Life was good.

I just moved 2 miles down the street yesterday. The comcast guy showed up and hooked everything up last night but now I can only get the premium channels on the HDTV. I called customer service twice thinking this was an easy fix. The first guy I talked to said the smaller boxes I have don't support premium channels [then he put me on hold before hanging up on me].These are the same boxes I was watching HBO on 48 hours earlier.

I called back and spoke with another agent and she assured me that to have the premium channels [and MLB] on each TV would require individual subscriptions for each channel for each TV. She quoted HBO at around $18/month. Does that mean I have to spend $54/month just so I can see HBO in each room of the house? Not to mention Showtime, Cinemax, Starz, and MLB.

I tried finding solutions on earlier posts and those that had resolution seemed to find it through calling customer service which is why I tried them first. Any other ideas?

Cable Expert
WarEagle57

Re: Premium Channels cost per cable box?

I will ask the Comcast forum administrator to resolve this for you.  There is no reason for you to have to pay for premium subscriptions for each cable box.

Administrator
ComcastLarry

Someone will be contacting you about this matter.

Thank You

-ComcastLarry-
Visitor

Problem solved!

I assumed it would be an easy fix - it just needed to get to the right person.

My thanks to the manager that called a left the polite and helpful message.

Additional thanks to the forum and WarEagle57.

New Visitor

I read the previous postings and noticed there was a solution to the issue, but could not see what the solution was.  I am having the same problem now with my HBO.  I just got off the phone with customer service and was told that I would have to get 2 more mid to large size boxes to watch any premium channels, he stated I could then watch HBO on the other TV's but it would cost an extra 3.50-5.00 per box per month. Please help.

Thanks

Cable Expert
JayInAlg

Premiums are only received on a full cable box or DVR.  If you have the new small DTA digital adapters, they do not tune in premiums, digital prefered, sports & entertainment or music choice. 

If you have the DTA's and want to watch premiums, you must replace that equipment with a full cable box at additional monthly fee, usually 7.95 to 9.25 a month depending on market area.

Visitor

I'm sorry I wasn;t more clear in my response.

After the postings I was contacted by a manager at comcast. I cant remember his name but everything was resolved immediately via phone and no problems since then. I am still grateful to comcast for their efficient response and for the help from WarEagle57.

New Visitor

Thanks for responding. So did you have to get new boxes for your other TV's?

Visitor

No new cable boxes were needed. Just a conversation with the right person.