New Visitor
lernkatt

Regarding SoapNet - Someone wrote in and said Soap Net ceased operations in March - your info is wrong - my sister has Verizon TV and as of today, May 5, 2012 watches Soap Net daily, not another soap channel, but Soap net - so again Comcast, why did YOU get rid of Soap Net for yet another Disney Channel????

Silver Problem Solver
rog286713

Re: SOAP NET

So  it looks like you are correct.   This will be news to most here.  Ok now everyone can start picketing to bring it back  :smileylaugh:

http://communityvoices.sites.post-gazette.com/index.php/arts-entertainment-living/tuned-in-journal/3...

Service Expert
Queen-Evie

[ Edited ]

If you had gone to Channels and Programming to make your post (instead of originally posting in Mobile Apps/Mobile Web) you would have seen a pinned topic about Disney Jr. and SoapNet.

*thread has been moved to the appropriate board*

And if you had read that topic you would find out

1) Soapnet ceased operations on most cable and satellite providers on March 22, 2012, with Disney Junior replacing it in its channel space. An automated Soapnet schedule continues for providers who have not yet made carriage agreements for Disney Junior.

2) If anyone still gets SoapNet on/after March 23rd they will eventually lose it. It will "go dark" at some point.

"The Disney Channel has confirmed a launch date for its new 24-hour preschool channel. Disney Junior that will replace SOAPnet on most cable and satellite systems at midnight on Friday, March 23. However according to TVG, “A handful of viewers will still receive SOAPnet after March 22, but only because a few cable and satellite deals with Disney are still being finalized. Once those deals are done SOAPnet will completely shut down.

http://michaelfairmansoaps.com/news/soapnet-set-to-sign-off-on-march-23rd-as-disney-junior-takes-its...

SoapNet will eventually shut down for everyone.

Comcast employees must be authorized to post in the forum in an official capacity. Employees posting here have their names in red and are designated as employees. Names not in red are customers.

This is done to protect customers and for assurance that they are dealing with a Comcast employee.
Non-Authorized Employees are allowed to post but cannot state they are employees nor can they allude to being employees.

Contributor
Dougizagrip

SoapNet is still up and running! Thanks for nothing, Comcast!

New Visitor
lernkatt

I received your answer.  Thank you.  Also please note - I never said Comcast was "a liar"   Lernkatt.

Service Expert
Queen-Evie

lernkatt wrote:

I received your answer. Thank you. Also please note - I never said Comcast was "a liar" Lernkatt.

That is absolutely correct. My answer was a paste of a reply I made in another thread in which someone did say he/she was tired of being lied to when asking Comcast about SoapNet.

Thank you for bringing that to my attention. I will edit that out of my previous post in this thread.

Comcast employees must be authorized to post in the forum in an official capacity. Employees posting here have their names in red and are designated as employees. Names not in red are customers.

This is done to protect customers and for assurance that they are dealing with a Comcast employee.
Non-Authorized Employees are allowed to post but cannot state they are employees nor can they allude to being employees.