Regular Contributor
Accepted Solution

SPEED Channel not available

[ Edited ]

I am very unhappy to find that the SPEED Channel is ONLY available in Grand Rapids, MI ON HD or only if I buy the Sports Entertainment package!

I switched from DISH Network to Comcast because I was offered a better price on a bundle than what I was paying before. I was told that I would get ALL the cable channels in my package. Only now I find that, since I do not have HD service (sorry, don't have an HDTV yet) I am missing out on one of my favorite shows (BULLRUN). I do not understand why SPEED is not offered in the Digital Preferred package in my area. It seems to me that it should at least be part of expanded basic service.

Couple this finding with the fact that I am also very unhappy with  the performance of my Motorola DVR and I think that when my one year special offer is up I will be returning to DISH Network for my TV viewing needs.

Message Edited by Nikki16 on 02-28-2010 01:12 AM
Cable Expert
JayInAlg

Re: SPEED Channel not available

On the Grand Rapids system Speed channel SD is on ch 731 and the HD is on ch 223.  They are both part of the Sports & Entertainment package.

On Comcast Speed Channel is almost always on Sports & Entertainment package, but I know there are exceptions in certain markets.

Service Expert
Queen-Evie

[ Edited ]

Speed Channel here is available as part of the basic package. We have it on ch. 27 only. No HD Speed channel.

It's not tied to a sports package.

I wish there was a way to trade channels. I'd give you Speed if you have something I'd like which isn't offered in my market. Come to think of it, I'd give it to you even if you didn't have anything to offer.

Message Edited by Queen-Evie on 02-28-2010 01:09 AM

Comcast employees must be authorized to post in the forum in an official capacity. Employees posting here have their names in red and are designated as employees. Names not in red are customers.

This is done to protect customers and for assurance that they are dealing with a Comcast employee.
Non-Authorized Employees are allowed to post but cannot state they are employees nor can they allude to being employees.

Regular Contributor

That's sweet of you, Queen-Evie! I would love that!

I figure what I'll do is wait until the last episode of Bullrun is scheduled to air. They usually run a marathon of the season to refresh your memory or catch you up right before the season finale. THEN I'll pay the extra for the sports package. 

I am just disappointed and wanted to vent. I *assumed* that Speed was one of the cable channels that was pretty much basic everywhere like you would expect TNT or USA to be. 

Regular Contributor

OMG! I think that maybe Comcast has sort of redeemed themselves for me. BULLRUN IS AVAILABLE ON DEMAND!

While I am still disappointed that we don't get SPEED I am absolutely elated that this show is available ON DEMAND.  I hadn't even thought of checking for it there but I was wandering around looking for something to watch thatthere it was.

So to Comcast I apologize for my previous rant.