Visitor

Showtime free preview weekend?

I thought the Showtime preview was this weekend? I tried to turn to the channel, but I just get the "subscription service" box. Melissa, Nashville
Silver Problem Solver
commanguy

Re: Showtime free preview weekend?

It is for ON Demand or online on the Comcast/Xfinity TV web site only.

Not on the television channels for Showtime

Visitor

Ahh, okay. Thanks!
Recognized Contributor

wow helpful post!!!!

Regular Contributor

Would have been good to make this clearer.  Why not have Showtime available on the regular TV channel? 

Silver Problem Solver
commanguy

Good question.

I suspect they are trying to push the OnDemand service and a lot of Showtime channels are only on the OnDemand channel. Also may be way to get more people aware of the online offerings to try and counter Netflix?

New Visitor
sdg123

how can I watch the strike force fights on showtime tonight?

Silver Problem Solver
andyross

It's easier for them to just open up OnDemand than adjust permissions on the channels. Also, it's possible some agreements may prevent some programming from being available to non-subscribers. I still wonder if the OnDemand catalog was scrubbed a bit for this weekend. I didn't see many big-name movies.

Bronze Star Contributor

I had showtime OD free yesterday on Comcast Atlanta, but today, it's not working. Did they turn it off early?

New Visitor
jarh

I also thought the Showtime free weekend went through today, Jan. 10.  I watched earlier this morning, and now it's back to paid service?  What gives?

Silver Problem Solver
rog286713

free weekend was until today the 8th, from friday night.   If you liked it I am sure you could get a deal on it now.

Bronze Star Contributor

Where did you get that was until today? The site said 6th-8th. 

. I had to work Saturday but made sure that OD worked in my area and it did. I came home Sunday to check out some of the series available and it no longer was free as promised. I don't know if the fault was with Comcast or Showtime, but I certainly won't be subscribing to Showtime as a result of this weekend. 

New Visitor
Pthom

Same here. It was on this morning and then quit at around 11:00 PM

Bronze Star Contributor

The Free Preview Schedule at http://www.sho.com/site/freepreview/home.do?source=shocom_hp_billboard

shows a schedule through Sunday evening, not until Sunday. A weekend is Saturday and Sunday, therefore a free weekend, should include Saturday and Sunday

New Visitor
jake81183

Ya I was just watching Dexter and when I finished the last episode and went to view the next one I couldn't view it anymore. They should have been more specific with the time it was free. 

New Visitor

Same thing happen to us. We were under the impression it was THROUGH Sunday. What gives?
New Visitor
DCano

Same thing happened to us! Had been watching shows through OnDemand Friday through Saturday. Just made it to the best episode of the last season of “Dexter” and now they’re not showing the rest. I thought it was supposed to go through tonight? Not cool, Comcast. Not cool.

New Visitor

Same here in Michigan!  Trying to watch Homeland and seeing if its worth the subscription.  Not looking like it now....

New Visitor
CeeGables

I just called and the customer service lady had no idea why it stopped working, told me the free preview was supposed to go through 11:59pm tonight. Told me to wait a half hour and try again... awesome. Just when Homeland was getting really addicting, too :smileysad: 

New Visitor
Pthom

My service reps act like they never heard of the free weekend. They say it's a Showtime promotion and it's on them. The last one told me I had to have a Showtime subscription to get it. lol I just gave up after that. And I'd almost got through the whole season of Weeds. :smileysad:

New Visitor
DCano

I just chatted with Comcast who said their sources said the Free Preview ended at 12 noon Eastern time. Despite the fact that that information is not listed anywhere.

http://www.sho.com/site/freepreview/home.do

This makes it look like it goes all day today.

Disappointing.

Silver Problem Solver
rog286713

ok so the free preview is over and some got to watch one season of a show.  now that its gone are you going to order showtime?  you got to watch a season does it make you want more.

New Visitor
MBKSJ

I think that's a crock... it stopped working and went back to paid use only last night a bunch of times and I finally gave up and went to bed and it did it this morning too. I emailed them my displeasure. They probably said it ended just to get everyone off their backs! lol.

New Visitor
GHH72

We are in Illinois and it change to pay for Homeland.  We have checked back On Demand and it still shows pay and it is 12:44 pm  What is up?

Bronze Star Contributor

That's the problem, I didn't get to watch a season or a partial. I based my weekend on what they said they would do. Had they been honest up front, I could have swapped days and watched previews of their series yesterday. As it stands, no. I will not be subscribing to a bait and switch vendor.

New Visitor
MBKSJ

[ Edited ]

Not sure that I get your point. :smileyconfused: The point of the posts is that they offered a free weekend and it's not working. regardless of whether anyone decides to subscribe. It shows that they have problems delivering.

Sorry.. that was a reply for Rog286713

New Visitor
Pthom

I'm in Springfield, IL and it just came back on but from what I'm hearing it's going on and off for most people.

New Visitor
DCano

Re: Pthom

It's back on in Fresno, Calif. - we'll see for how long.

New Visitor
KittyFantastic

The free weekend of Showtime is offered by Showtime and Comcast is just a provider. Couldn't find anything that stated the specfic hours on the Showtime or Comcast sites, but that certainly would have been helpful.

New Visitor
CeeGables

It's baaaaack!! I'm so glad I wasn't the only one calling up and complaining about this. It's false advertising - don't offer a free preview of Showtime and then cut it off before the time is supposed to be up. Regardless of whether or not people actually purchase a subscription because of this, this promotion was supposed to run through the end of today, so I'm glad its back on, fullfilling the stated advertisement.

New Visitor

Its back in Michigan...Thanks to whoever got it done!  I sent a message to @comcastcares and they responded quickly.  Didnt havent the answer right away but was looking into it.  So for future issues it  will be my first go to...

New Visitor
MBKSJ

Watched one TV episode and it's back to pay only again. *sigh*

Silver Problem Solver
commanguy

Don't know if this idea helps but make sure you are signed in when you try the preview. I just went to the site and so far it looks like it is still free.

When I went in not being signed up it said it was pay.

New Visitor
MBKSJ

@ Commanguy -- yes. Defintely signed in. First thing I checked last night when it started happening and twice this morning when it failed on me.

Thanks!

Silver Problem Solver
commanguy

I figured you were. It sounds like communication/timing mishaps on Comcast's end. I watched a bit of Homeland and it worked. And that was while I repled so it was past 12 noon eastern time for certain.

Silver Problem Solver
rog286713

I just saw I have a message on my box that says "hope you enjoyed your free weekend of showtim, click here to order"  I would guess that means its over.

Silver Problem Solver
commanguy

Still working in MN. 3:15 Central Time, 4:15 Eastern time.

Silver Problem Solver
rog286713

i cant tell since i have showtime :smileylaugh:

New Visitor
gsal

You can only watch them through your on demand showtime screen. All the movies will be available.  My tv did the same thing as yours.

Silver Problem Solver
rog286713

[ Edited ]

Showtime is pulling the plug a little early it seems.