Visitor

Showtime free weekend ripoff

[ Edited ]

So I was looking forward to watching live MMA on the Showtime free preview weekend that's being advertised everywhere. Comcast is not offering it online or over the air. It's not in the on demand list, nowhere to be found and it's an hour into the show already. What a huge disppointment when you plan your evening and now it's shot. Unhappy customers choose other providers... I guess Comcast will learn the hard way!

frustrated MMA fan

Regular Contributor
Fwagner9

Re: Showtime free weekend ripoff

I feel your pain. I was looking forward to watching the Strikeforce fights as well.. Comcast continues to drop the ball. A lot of people have requested FuelTV for the UFC events... no dice. It's like they just want people to drop their subscriptions. I actually ordered DirectTV and had the installation all set up, but unfortunately our apartment did not have the right angle for the antenna. :smileysad:

Service Expert
Queen-Evie

[ Edited ]

First of all Comcast has nothing to do with what Showtime does.

Second, I just looked and MMA is on right now on SHOe. Which makes your claim that it is not on "anywhere" totally baseless.

Comcast employees must be authorized to post in the forum in an official capacity. Employees posting here have their names in red and are designated as employees. Names not in red are customers.

This is done to protect customers and for assurance that they are dealing with a Comcast employee.
Non-Authorized Employees are allowed to post but cannot state they are employees nor can they allude to being employees.

New Visitor
RickRocker

Comcast is advertising it for free, not showtime. It was on their home page

Silver Problem Solver
commanguy

Showtime shows the Free Preview on their site also. Plus a list of the providers and what channels it can be viewed on.

With Comcast it is only available at OnDemand or Online. Not the regular channel. Comcast has been doing that more and more with the few free preview weekends offered.

http://www.sho.com/sho/free-preview/1

Service Expert
Queen-Evie

[ Edited ]

I have Showtime as part of my package. If Comcast is only making it available online and On Demand that would explain it.

What is available for online and On Demand is up to Showtime. If they don't release for either one then you won't be able to watch it.

Comcast employees must be authorized to post in the forum in an official capacity. Employees posting here have their names in red and are designated as employees. Names not in red are customers.

This is done to protect customers and for assurance that they are dealing with a Comcast employee.
Non-Authorized Employees are allowed to post but cannot state they are employees nor can they allude to being employees.

Regular Contributor
Fwagner9

I don't know. Sounds like Comcast is dropping the ball... Every other provider is showing a Showtime free preview.. Only Comcast is doing the Showtime On Demand free preview.. which doesn't include the fights. :smileysad: Sounds like a Comcast problem to me.

Service Expert
Queen-Evie

[ Edited ]

There is a mix of who is doing what.

As seen below there are at 2 others with On Demand only. I'm betting customers of those 2 won't see the event either since Showtime isn't putting on On Demand. Actually On Demand only defeats the purpose of a free preview, which is to get you watch it, like what you see, and subscribe. Which costs you more money and in turn adds to the Comcast bottom line. On Demand is not a fair representation of what Showtime has to offer.

showtime free preview.PNG

Regular Contributor
Fwagner9

My bad. Good to see Comcast is keeping up with the high standards of Cox and Suddenlink.. :smileyplain: Shoot for the stars! You might hit the moon.

Visitor

"anywhere" meaning on my account. If you see it then it means some see it and some don't... I just get the usual "press info for subscription" text.

Visitor

"With Comcast it is only available at OnDemand or Online"

That's not true for me... I went to xfinity.tv and nothing, I went to the on demand channel and nothing... the live MMA show was not being shown.

Recognized Contributor

yeah this really bites.