New Visitor
Seame

Soap net channel

What happened to the Soap Net Channel? Was it taken off the air or moved to another channel?
Cable Expert
WarEagle57

Re: Soap net channel

New Visitor
la716

why is the Soapnet channel being replaced? Will there be another channel where we can watch our soaps?

New Visitor
caseybaby

it is bad enough you took universal sports away and now the soap net.  Maybe you should ask us before you do this - we are the ones watching it.  There is not much left that I even want to watch.

Cable Expert
JayInAlg

Neither Universal Sports or SoapNet were decisions from Comcast.  The reasons are well posted all over this forum.

Disney announced 2 years ago that SoapNet was going to be shutdown.  Universal Sports was not a national cable channel, but a carried as a sub carrier channel by local NBC stations. 

New Visitor
jklelli

Ok so why is it that soap net channel is suddenly gone? It was there just a couple days ago and now it has disappeared. i can't even access the actual channel.

Seems a few of my channels have disappeared

Cable Expert
JayInAlg

The Disney Jr. / Soapnet thread is HERE

Official Employee
ComcastTeds

Locking this thread. More info on this topic is available at the link below.

http://forums.comcast.com/t5/Channels-and-Programm​ing/Disney-Junior-to-Replace-SoapNet-in-March/td-...

Official Employee
ComcastTeds

caseybaby wrote:

it is bad enough you took universal sports away and now the soap net.  Maybe you should ask us before you do this - we are the ones watching it.  There is not much left that I even want to watch.

Some good info on Universal Sports is available here: http://forums.comcast.com/t5/Channels-and-Programming/Universal-Sports-now-belongs-to-Comcast-Why-is...