Contributor

Sound is messed up on MeTV in Delaware

The sound keeps cutting out on MeTV in Newark, Delaware (channel 249). I've only been watching from 6 am to 7:30am, so I am not sure if it is just those programs or all day long.

Contributor

Re: Sound is messed up on MeTV in Delaware

Sound is still broken.

Bronze Problem Solver
barbie123

Is that the only channel with the problem?

New Visitor
Pararamids

Same thing here in Montgomery county PA.  Only MeTV, and any time of day.  It is like a pause or stutter.  Same effect on HD box and a low def box.  Happens something like 5-10 times per hour.

New Visitor
daisybuttercup

[ Edited ]

It's the same here in Jacksonville, FL.  It's been off and on for several days.  The only reason I haven't complained about it yet is because I have had a lot of other options, but now it's interferring with my ability to enjoy Gilligans Island, grrr!  We don't get it in the evening line up here, so Sunday is my only chance to watch it!   

Edit, I just noticed how old this post is, so I guess I might be the only one with this problem right now.  Maybe I need to call them.  : / 

Contributor

My sound was messed up a long time. I tried working with Comcast and MeTV through this forum, phone, web forms and Google+. I got no satisfaction. In the end, I stopped watching MeTV.  I tuned it in tonight at 7:30 pm because of your post and it seems OK now. Good luck. Gilligan's Island deserves premium support! :-)

Official Employee
ComcastTeds

New Visitor
JAXFLcustomer

I had this problem with MeTV in JaxFL. Logged in to chat with Comcast support. Pressing LANG button on remote & setting it to Eng was the fix that worked for me. Let me know if this helps any of you!

Contributor
kilroy83

MeTV (CH. 788) Delaware Signal Issues

I was wondering if anyone else in DE has been noticing signal problems with this channel for the past week or so? There seems to be jitter, lag or hesitation in the picture. I have had a Comcast technican out after talking with customer support. The tech checked my signal both inside and out and did not see a problem with it. The tech did see the signal issue with the channel. He called someone at Comcast who said they saw the issue as well and considered it a "head end" problem. Since it wasn't going away after reporting it and having technician verify the issue I got in touch with Comcast's escalated customer service department. They stated that it was a network issue and not their system. They also said that the network was working on it and it should be resolved. As of 4/13/14 it's not. At least in my case. The interesting thing about this is I also contacted the affiliate station that broadcasts MeTV and they suggested contacing Comcast and made no mention that they were having issues.

Contributor
kilroy83

[ Edited ]

From my experience ever since MeTV changed affilates from WFMZ to KJWP there have been a lot of issues with the broadcast signal. According to Comcast it is the station that is the source of these problems.

Official Employee
ComcastTeds

Re: MeTV (CH. 788) Delaware Signal Issues