New Visitor
abq123
Accepted Solution

Speed Channel Gone?

Main reason I have Comcast is to watch Speed Channel. Now it is gone August 17. Come on people lets object to this change! Wrong move Comcast.

Visitor
Pierluigi

Re: Speed Channel Gone?

Several cable providers are replacing it with FOX Sports 1. Hope that's the case with Comcast

Official Employee
ComcastTeds

abq123 wrote:

Main reason I have Comcast is to watch Speed Channel. Now it is gone August 17. Come on people lets object to this change! Wrong move Comcast.

Yes, Fox Sports 1 is replacing Speed in all Comcast areas on Saturday, August 17th at 6am ET.

Fox Sports 1 will be on the same channel where Speed is currently on.  

This was a decision by Fox. Fox owns Speed Channel.

More information here: http://msn.foxsports.com/foxsports1/#

New Visitor
N8mare

Regardless, Speed Channel is the only reason I have the Sports Package.  Now there's no reason to pay $10/mo extra for it.  Trying to figure out how I can delete the package online.  Adding pkgs is a easy, but deleting???

New Visitor
stanleyh2843

Please do not remove Speed.  Their car shows are the best, as well as the car auctions and races!  Perhaps it's time to switch to Direct TV!

Silver Problem Solver
commanguy

It was the decision of Fox to remove Speed. Even  on Direct it won't be available. Fox is basically replacing Speed channel.

Comcast has no say in the matter.

Contributor
eb684

Comcast has nothing to do with SPEED being gone. It will disappear as a channel entirely. DirecTV won't have it. It won't exist.
Silver Problem Solver
andyross

N8mare wrote:

Regardless, Speed Channel is the only reason I have the Sports Package.  Now there's no reason to pay $10/mo extra for it.  Trying to figure out how I can delete the package online.  Adding pkgs is a easy, but deleting???

Then you no longer need the sports package. Speed was moved to the Starter tier within the past month or two, in preparation for it's REBRANDING as Fox Sports 1. Comcast is just passing on the changes being made by Fox.

Recognized Contributor
BPreston

I can't believe "Cop Rock" was canceled. I hate you, Comcast! I'm switching to Directv, where the show is no doubt entering its 24th glorious season.
New Visitor
scottypinthemix

Where is Fox Sports2 going to be?

Where I live, FUEL isn't part of my line up.  Out of luck I'm sure.

Speed2.com would be nice too.  

Silver Problem Solver
commanguy

BPreston

Cop Rock? Was this on Speed? Or are you talking about the 1990, 1 season show referenced here

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cop_Rock

Also contrary to what people think Comcast does not cancel shows. They don't have that much authority especially with other networks.

Recognized Contributor
BPreston

I was being sarcastic, commanguy.
Silver Problem Solver
commanguy

Missed the smileys. Sorry.

And of course Lithium broke the forums so they don't work correctly with Firefox to insert such things as a smiley. :-((

Service Expert
Queen-Evie

[ Edited ]

post by fxdwg05 removed.

Forum Guidelines

(which everyone should read before making his/her first post) state

Please Don't

2. Use Profanity

Please keep your posts clean. Our forums have an automated profanity filter to block out inappropriate language. Please do not circumvent it by finding colorful ways to approximate or disguise those words. If you are caught trying to bypass the filters in any way, your posting privileges may be revoked.

Here is your edited post

Same for me I WANT THE SPEED CHANNEL OR I WALK. I have comcast for my shop too.  i spend 300.00 + a month for both places.

Service Expert
Queen-Evie

[ Edited ]

To all who want to get rid of Comcast when you no longer have Speed Channel: what part of these statements do you not understand?

ComcastTedS said

Yes, Fox Sports 1 is replacing Speed in all Comcast areas on Saturday, August 17th at 6am ET.

Fox Sports 1 will be on the same channel where Speed is currently on. 

This was a decision by Fox. Fox owns Speed Channel.

commanguy said

It was the decision of Fox to remove Speed. Even  on Direct it won't be available. Fox is basically replacing Speed channel.

Comcast has no say in the matter.

eb684 said

Comcast has nothing to do with SPEED being gone. It will disappear as a channel entirely. DirecTV won't have it. It won't exist.

andyross said

Then you no longer need the sports package. Speed was moved to the Starter tier within the past month or two, in preparation for it's REBRANDING as Fox Sports 1. Comcast is just passing on the changes being made by Fox.

FOX has made the decision to give Speed the axe. The network shut down as of today. You are free to switch but you won't find it with any other provider. They cannot show what does what does not exist.

Speed Channel shutdown has been in the news for months. I'm not happy about it either but there is nothing I can do about it except live with the fact that there will be no Speed Channel any longer.

http://blog.motorcycle.com/2013/03/06/racing/speed-to-be-replaced-by-fox-sports-1-future-of-televise...

Complain to Fox. I long ago ceased to be amazed at the number of people who blame tv providers for things beyond their control.

Comcast employees must be authorized to post in the forum in an official capacity. Employees posting here have their names in red and are designated as employees. Names not in red are customers.

This is done to protect customers and for assurance that they are dealing with a Comcast employee.
Non-Authorized Employees are allowed to post but cannot state they are employees nor can they allude to being employees.

Frequent Visitor

[ Edited ]

so much for Barrett jackson auctions GREAT move FOX! Thank goodness F1 moved to NBCSN, we would be screwed out of that to. I wonder why Speed advertised that they would carry FIA World Rally monthly  but never did.Oh well $10 less a month

New Visitor
scottypinthemix

[ Edited ]

any word on the chances of fox sports2 from someone who actually knows?

New Visitor
dizzyB1

Just wondering where to look for the programs that were being played on the Speed channel? Anyone know? Gearz, My Classic Car, etc?

Silver Problem Solver
commanguy

dizzy81

Here is something from Wikipedia

My Classic Car is a television show about classic automobiles, hosted by Dennis Gage. It was originally broadcast on TNN, and Speed Channel. MAVtv currently airs the show and Velocity will also air the show starting in 2014. It was produced by MadStache, who also created Popular Hot Rodding Television, Corbin’s Ride On and Texas Hardtails.

New Visitor
boeingflir

I assume that commanguy is speaking for comcast and has info on where some of the Speed programing is going, specifically Formular 1 and Moto GP, Le Mans, ALS, and the World Ralley Series. 

I campaigned for Comcast to add Speed to the lineup years ago. I'm in shock that all of this is disappearing. That said, all of the racing that I'm interested in may have already been picked up by on other venues, I admit that I have been out of the loop, but am anxious to be able to continue viewing these series.

Thanks,

boeingflir

Silver Problem Solver
commanguy

boeingflir

I am NOT speaking for Comcast. I only posted about the one series moving by doing a search on BING under the program name. The information I posted was from Wikipedia.

The only official association I have with Comcast is the form of paying customer.

All the information I have posted has been public information found on the Internet. Sometimes Comcast employee's don't answer my questions either.

New Visitor
boeingflir

Sorry for thinking that you were a Comcast person. I saw commanguy and made an illogical leap.

Well there ya go. I received an e-mail from them saying that my post has been accepted as a "solution." To what?

I'll muddle around on google and figure out where all that racing went. I'm not a NASCAR or female ultimate fighter fan so a lot of FOXs programming isn't interesting to me even though I pay for it. I rarely buy a movie and don't watch a lot of HBO/Showtime. Dexter, Game of Thrones, Homeland and there are a few more that I want to see. I'm paying for a lot of stuff that I don't use.

I went in today to see why the new Al Jazeera America news channel that started tuesday was saying "not authorized." I have traveled the world and it is one of the best, no BS, unbiased news sources in the world. They said that I would have to ante up to the next higher package if I wanted to see it. 

It won't be long and I'll tackle this, save myself $100+/month (I have phone and internet of course) by figuring out how to get the things that I actually watch for a nominal fee or free like millions of others and that's without stealing. Everything is going to change in the next couple of years. It'll be "a whole 'nuther deal" as he said in The Right Suff.

Cheers.

New Visitor
debdut

:smileysad: IT REALLY SUCKS THAT THE SPEED CHANNEL IS GONE. I DO NOT LIKE FOX

rmnathantop wrote:

so much for Barrett jackson auctions GREAT move FOX! Thank goodness F1 moved to NBCSN, we would be screwed out of that to. I wonder why Speed advertised that they would carry FIA World Rally monthly  but never did.Oh well $10 less a month

Silver Problem Solver
commanguy

[ Edited ]

boeingflir wrote

Sorry for thinking that you were a Comcast person. I saw commanguy and made an illogical leap.

Well there ya go. I received an e-mail from them saying that my post has been accepted as a "solution." To what?

I'll muddle around on google and figure out where all that racing went. I'm not a NASCAR or female ultimate fighter fan so a lot of FOXs programming isn't interesting to me even though I pay for it. I rarely buy a movie and don't watch a lot of HBO/Showtime. Dexter, Game of Thrones, Homeland and there are a few more that I want to see. I'm paying for a lot of stuff that I don't use.

I went in today to see why the new Al Jazeera America news channel that started tuesday was saying "not authorized." I have traveled the world and it is one of the best, no BS, unbiased news sources in the world. They said that I would have to ante up to the next higher package if I wanted to see it. 

It won't be long and I'll tackle this, save myself $100+/month (I have phone and internet of course) by figuring out how to get the things that I actually watch for a nominal fee or free like millions of others and that's without stealing. Everything is going to change in the next couple of years. It'll be "a whole 'nuther deal" as he said in The Right Suff.

Cheers.

No big deal. I chose commanguy since I am just a common man, purposeful mis-spell for the forums.

Al Jazerra, which replaced Current TV, is probably on Digital Preferred Tier. At least in my area. If you don't have Preferred that would explain the Not Authorized.

Also check out Velocity channel if available. And NBCSportsNetworkI the old Versus channel).

New Visitor
muppetmind

I agree. I only subscribe for the Speed Channel. This sucks bigtime.

Muppetmind

New Visitor
tbeagl000

I agree with this subsriber as well as all of my friends who view Speed for intelligent, alternative sports/automotive coverage.

New Visitor
tbeagl000

Are you sure??!!

Silver Problem Solver
commanguy

tbeag1000

Is who sure???

It causes less confusion on long threads like this if you put the username in your response.

If you are asking me about Velocity I only know of one series that is supposed to be carried on that channel. My source was Wikipedia.

And I know from checking channel lineups for my market and being a past subscriber to Preferred service that Current was on that tier. The onscreen guide was showing Al-Jazeera America for channel name in that spot now.

New Visitor

I agree with a lot of the other customers who a ticked off because they have lost The speed channel..Fox sports is not the speed channel. There are some of us out there that couldn't care less about allt the football, basketball, hockey, golf , ect.  I grew up working on cars and they are a major part of my life..The Show on Speed were car related. Fox you're making a big mistake. I'm another one who will now be dropping the $10.00 a month charge off my cable bill. I know it doesn't seem like a lot of money but if all the others that are dissatified do the same  you might get the message,, "Dont't mess around with another man's wife or his car.

New Visitor
jerryschutz

Comcast does have a say as all cable companies do.  They can drop them.  That is the only way Fox will bring it back, when all the cable companies drop Sports 1 and Fox doesn't make any money on it.  Cable companies pay the networks to broadcast the channels.  Tell Comcast to drop the Sports 1 channel or you will drop them.  You get enough subscribers of the cable to do it and it will happen.  And Fox will bring back the Speed Channel.  Money talks and nobody know it better than the right wing SOBs at Fox.

New Visitor
cnccomments

Really replacing speed with Fox sports channel.. not a good move.  Fox sports has very little to watch that interests the real race fan.

Silver Problem Solver
commanguy

cnccomments

I would also post this on a Fox website somewhere. While Comcast could have decided not to carry FoxSports 1 if it didn't break any contractual terms that might have led to a lawsuit it was still Fox's decision to drop Speed Channel and it's programming.

I would let them know how you feel also.

New Visitor
jerryschutz

Here something if Comcast was smart.  Have NBC which Comcast owns 51% start their own speed network.  The could get all the car shows and Barrett Jackson pus try and steal the car shows off of Spike TV.  I would probably only need about 1/2 a dozen channels then.  History Channels, Local Channel, MSNBC and CNN.  Fox can go to HE double tooth picks.

New Visitor

I WANT MY SPEED CHANNEL BACK!!!!!
Silver Problem Solver
commanguy

Contact Fox. They are the ones who changed it.

Comcast can not give you back programming or a channel that no longer exists.

Regular Contributor
coinoperated

MAV tv could be the replacement with added content also

New Visitor
bier4u

I complained about this change but seeing as how Fox owns Comcast, there is no hope of ridding ourselves of this nearly useless channel as well as renaming Fox News to something more accurate such as Fox Entertainment News Only. Unfair and unbalanced.

Recognized Contributor
BPreston

Fox doesn't own Comcast; Comcast owns NBC. Fox is owned by Rupert Murdoch's 21st Century Fox. Two completely separate (and competing) companies.
Service Expert
Queen-Evie

[ Edited ]

post by DRIVER95 removed for violating forum posting guidelines.

Forum Guidelines

(which everyone should read before making his/her first post) state

Please Don't

2. Use Profanity

Please keep your posts clean. Our forums have an automated profanity filter to block out inappropriate language. Please do not circumvent it by finding colorful ways to approximate or disguise those words. If you are caught trying to bypass the filters in any way, your posting privileges may be revoked.

Recognized Contributor
BPreston

I just tried watching my favorite channel, CBS Eye on People, and see that Comcast has replaced it with this "National Geographic" garage. Last straw, Comcast! I'm switching to PrimeStar!
Silver Problem Solver
commanguy

Like Speed Channel probably not Comcast's fault.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/CBS_Eye_On_People

New Visitor

I really don't care to wade through mountains of football, baseball, the nauseating announcers and other non-motorsports garbage to get a 5 second report on a race.  There are at least 15 different football channels in your line up, a hundred spanish language channels, I didn't count the shopping channels and duplicate HD channels, and Speed doesn't count for any advertizing revenue?

Contributor

Your Comcast Guarantee # 6 & 7 states you will address problems quickly and you will provide the "Best" & "Most" video choices. Though mergers and your last few Chanel realignments I have lost a considerable amount of my choices. I have seen what appears to be unmonitored forms with thousands of angry/disappointed customers asking for the same things.
What i wan't to know is when your going to live up to your guarantee and provide the following programming, FS2, MAVTV, and BEIN?
Recognized Contributor
randomguy10

Both MAVTV and beIN Sports come in Comcast's Sports package

Bronze Problem Solver
manamok

[ Edited ]

speterson66 wrote:

What i wan't to know is when your going to live up to your guarantee and provide the following programming, FS2, MAVTV, and BEIN?

Here in Eastern Mass I have FS2 on the Digital Preferred tier and beIN Sports on the Sports Entertainment Package.  Don't seem to have MAVTV.