Recognized Contributor

Re: No Universal Sports, why was it cancelled.

andyross wrote:

I think I've mentioned it before, but they basically shot themselves in the foot. They only announced in September that they would go pay-only in January. Three months is nowhere near enough time to work out the agreements needed to add a 'new' channel these days. It's tough enough just replacing a channel.

Could be, although DirecTV and Dish seemed to work out new agreements in short order.  I don't think DTV miissed much time at all as I started getting Universal Sports as soon as I switched to DTV in mid-January this year.

Regular Contributor

[ Edited ]

I just happened upon this topic because I was under the false impression that NBC Sports Network was the reincarnated Universal Sports. Not so fast is what I realized when the Giro d'Italia cycling race is not on this year. NBC Sports Network has been carrying some of the spring classic cycling races (good thing), but the Giro is one of the three grand tours of the year besides the Tour de France and la Vuelta a Espana. To not have this race on air is a crying shame in this day and age of technology.

I can read and understand the Comcast employee's response to this issue, but just know for as much as I pay you guys for the monthly triple play it's becoming more and more of a expense I'd like to rethink. Geez, a $10 monthly discount for subscribing to your TV, internet and phone services? C'mon get real. I remember when Comcast pulled this BS with the NFL channel a few years ago where it was suddenly gone then I learn the hard way that I have to fork over another $10 a month to get it back. Same song, different verse Comcast.

If it isn't clear to Comcast that there are quite a few customers who want Universal Sports back, they have their priorities all messed up to put it nicely. DirecTV and Dish inked deals before the dealine, why can't Comcast? I think we get the message, you don't really care about your customers and that's the long and short of it.

Contributor
boulderjames

I first would like to state that I appreciate Comcast response, I think they and US could have saved themselves a lot of trouble if they had stated this from the get go!

Comcast and US need to understand that it is hard to separate the emotion from this issues because many of US fans are not just spectators but are active participants in these sports, many at a high level. For me US was my favorite channel on Comcast and during major races such as the Giro would be on all day long as I went about my day from workouts to chores. I also believe that it is difficult for us as viewers to understand the whole concern with CC getting enough eyeballs viewing US to make it worth adding to their lineup. In comparison, can there really be that many more viewers watching all the QVC type channels or the plethora of religious channels compared to the potential US viewers? Can CC and US understand that we as consumers do not see why this is so difficult when we see upwards to 900 channels available, as you saying that all these niche channels receive more viewers than US? In this day it is becoming harder and harder to understand the need to dole out content like is gold to one group and as if it were water to another.

I get NBCSports has its own agenda and wants to focus on the biggest event, Tour de France, while supporting the major sports and other popular sports such as fishing etc. This is why US was a perfect fit in this whole scenario, gives those of us who love cycling, running, skiing, skating, rugby, equestrian, etc., a place to see our sports without the constraints that are normally applied to mainstream sports channels.

Obviously I am emotionally attached to this issue enough to take time out of my life to find a way to address this issue and get it resolved. Due to location I cannot switch to Direct TV and honestly up until this situation have been quite satisfied with my Comcast service, even at the current cost of almost $150.00 per month. I have come to believe that we as individual sport viewers do not register enough complaints to warrant CC or US to resolve this issue but also believe that if all the viewers of individual sports came together as one voice that they would see that in fact there are enough “eyeballs” out there to make adding US to Comcast lineup is a no brainer. What we are requesting as a group is not big of a deal as CC and US are making it out to be... your making a situation much worse by stalling and beating around the bush versus just adding the channel and therefore ending all the negative feelings being attached to Comcast.

Contributor

Polite and well phrased "talking bites" from Comcast does not change the basic situation.

BRING BACK UNIVERSAL SPORTS, BRING BACK THE GOOD COVERAGE OF CYLCING, RUGBY, TRACK & FIELD, AND OTHER EVENTS.

We are already paying plenty for Comcast, just turn the switch. The dish networks are providing Universal, Comcast owns a large chunk of NBC Universial. A no brainer Comcast.

Official Employee
ComcastTeds

[ Edited ]

Comcast is in discussions with Universal Sports regarding possible continued distribution. A contract and agreement to terms is required before we can offer the channel our customers.   

NBCUniversal has a minority, non-controlling ownership in the Universal Sports Network.

All channels, regardless of affiliation, are required to go through the same application and approval process in order to be carried by Comcast.

New Visitor
Skibike

It's JUST ridiculous that you are not providing US for your customers. Dish and DirecTv have been able to come to an agreement!!! Comcast has been telling us for 5 months now that they are in negotiations. Your customers are just outraged by this.Give us US BACK!!

Contributor

I like the Comcast Internet service so perhaps why I haven't switched to a Dish service for TV, but I'm getting closer and closer. No Giro D'Italia on all the hundreds of channels available to me on Comcast with the premium package, but maybe a dozen or so shopping networks if I want to buy costume jewelry or kitchen towels. THIS IS RIDICULOUS. All the other TV providers here in the SF/Bay Area provide Universal Sports but not Comcast.

Recognized Contributor

[ Edited ]

I was a 20+ year Comcast cable subscriber and I kept the Comcast business internet and switched to Direct last January.  Working great for me and costs less. Big difference in cost is I am not getting dinged for each set top box and paying the HD service charge for each box on top of that. 

If anyone needs an acct. number for the new subscriber bonus, drop me a PM.

And I certainly let Comcast know when and why I was leaving.  I sent numberous messages to their corporate offices and never did get any sort of reply that made me want to stay. 

New Visitor

I also have a difficult time understanding the reason for not offering Universal Sports. Then again, I suddenly found that I had to pay premium rates to watch Turner Classic Movies after years of having it available.Perhaps iIt's time to change provider. But will Comcast know why I (or anyone else) left them? Do they even care when they have what is effectively a monopoly in our area?

Regular Contributor

[ Edited ]

I really wish (now) that I hadn't let my CyclingTV subscription lapse, but I thought grand tours for cycling would all be on TV going forward, until this happened with Comcast. For anyone who is interested, you can pay Universal Sports $19.95 for a subscription to the Giro and have online access to the race. I think we've covered it rather well and Comcast should now have the message that there are subscribers out there who want Universal Sports back, all they need to do now is get busy and finish their negotiations and quit procrastinating.

Contributor

I happen to have both DISH and Comcast.  I originally got Comcast because I couldn't get Universal Sports on DISH.  Now I can get it on DISH and I am thinking seriously of cutting of my Comcast cable. There are 2 other channels (that I ever watch) that I can get on Comcast but not on DISH but I don't watch them enough to miss them very much. 

The other factor that make DISH attractive to me is their DVR which is hugely better than Comcast's DVR.  The only reason I may keep Comcast for a while is for the London Olympics.  Having both options may make it easier to get everythng recorded. 

Universal Sports is a requirement for me.  As a fan of figure skating, gymnastics, and swimming (along with track and field) there is just no other game in town.  I strongly suggest that Comcast get the agreements made and Universal Sports back on the air.  My deadline is the Olympics. 

Cable Expert
JayInAlg

Just so you know, Universal Sports will not be broadcasting any of the Olympics this year. 

Full programming will be on all the NBC owned channels like USA, CNBC, MSNBC, NBC Sports along with NBC.

Contributor

I do know that Universal will not broadcast any of the actual sporting events.  However, like they did for the Vancouver Olympics,  they will be broadcasting tons of news and features and in depth analysis of the games.  I found the programs for Vancouver to be good viewing.  I think I will find the same thing for London. 

New Visitor
interhawk

Re: Still no HD Universal Sports

Hi everyone,

I've been seeing a lot of angry messages here at Comcast, and while I know it's very easy to make Comcast the bad guy here with ever increasing rates and inflexible package lineups (sorry Comcast), has anyone contacted Universal Sports and yelled at them too?

To be fair, they're the ones taking the risk here, they're the ones who decided to use us, their viewers, as leverage to negotiate. (if iwantuniversalsports.com isn't using their viewers as leverage, I don't know what is)

The fact is we have 2 companies here trying to make money, and both deserver to hear from the ones caught in the middle. Negotiations are a 2 way street, so if you've already made your feelings known to comcast, consider dropping by universalsports.com, clicking on the customer service link at the very very bottom of the page, and letting them know how you feel as well.

As much as we may dislike Comcast, it's not all on them to make this happen, and at least they don't have a website dedicated to the sole purpose of using us as leverage for negotiation.

New Visitor
gdbellrichard

ADD UNIVERSAL SPORTS CHANNEL TO CHANNEL LINEUP!!!

When I originally subscribed to Comcast the Versus Channel was available.  Versus no longer exists and has been replaced by Universal Sports. BUT... Comcast does not carry Universal Sports.  This makes me very unhappy as it means I will not be able to watch the Tour de France, Giro d'Italia, etc. bike races.  PLEASE ADD UNIVERSAL SPORTS TO YOUR CHANNEL LINEUP!!!

Official Employee
ComcastTeds

Re: Versus is now NBC Sports Network.

gdbellrichard wrote:

When I originally subscribed to Comcast the Versus Channel was available.  Versus no longer exists and has been replaced by Universal Sports. BUT... Comcast does not carry Universal Sports.  This makes me very unhappy as it means I will not be able to watch the Tour de France, Giro d'Italia, etc. bike races.  PLEASE ADD UNIVERSAL SPORTS TO YOUR CHANNEL LINEUP!!!

To clarify Versus was renamed NBC Sports Network in January - NBC Sports Network should be available to you and is the US home of the Tour de France.

Universal Sports Network is an entirely different channel.

A list of upcoming cycling events scheduled for NBC Sports Network is listed at the link below :

http://nbcsports.msnbc.com/id/42453562/ns/sports-cycling/

Contributor

NBC Sports Network is a poor substitute for Universal Sports. Where is the Rugby and Track and Field? Where was the Gior D'ttalia this year and all the other great sporting events?

New Visitor
Lovenkraft

So, has Comcast replied as to the cancelation reason or future of USN?

Contributor

There's an "official" post from a comcast employee on this Jan 9, that they're in negotiations. Now half a year later we still have nothing, nada, zip, zero.

New Visitor
NickHark

Comcast guy said: "To clarify Versus was renamed NBC Sports Network in January - NBC Sports Network should be available to you and is the US home of the Tour de France."

On the contrary, The Tour of California, the Tour de Suisse and other bike races are showing only the summary of the stages.

Today I watched Stage 2 of the Critérium du Dauphiné from France.  This stage was 100 miles and it was all mountains, and the first racing we get to watch is 75 miles into the stage.  There is so much more to the race than the end of it.

NBCSports did the same thing with the Tour of California, which prompted me to write to Comcast and complain.  I am thinking of pulling the plug on Comcast and moving to DirecTV.

New Visitor
Umrigar

Re: Universal Sports

Comcast owns majority shares in NBC.  I wrote them about Universal Sports and this is part of the reply I got from them stating that not enough Comcast Users are requesting the channels so you  better call up your friends to get it back.    Here is a part of the reply from Comcast

Your issue as I understand it is that you lost a channel, Universal sport, that you really enjoy. In the previous responses, the information that has prevailed is, at the present time. there are not enough Comcast users speaking up with a preference for the Universal sport channel. For your best case scenario, have all your fellow Universal sport enthusiasts e-mail or call with a similar request if you continue to want this sports channel.  Adding Universal Sport will certainly be researched for you because your voice has been heard. However, there are no plans to add it back in right now.

Sincerely,

Stephen Office of Rick Germano

Official Employee
ComcastTeds

Umrigar wrote:

Comcast owns majority shares in NBC.  

True, but just to clarify - NBCUniversal has a minority, non-controlling ownership in the Universal Sports Network.

Comcast is in discussions with Universal Sports Network regarding possible distribution. A contract and agreement to terms is required before we can offer any channel to our customers.   

All channels, regardless of affiliation, are required to go through the same application and approval process in order to be carried by Comcast.

New Visitor
captaindan42

I hope the deal gets done soon, after all the Olympic Trials are over there will be so much good programming lost.

Official Employee
ComcastTeds

[ Edited ]

captaindan42 wrote:

I hope the deal gets done soon, after all the Olympic Trials are over there will be so much good programming lost.

Below shows the US television schedule for the US Olympic Trials (June and July).

http://www.coloradosprings.com/articles/olympic-14776-team-trials.html

Tues., June 19  

12-2 a.m. ET   NBCSN   Diving - Semifinals: Men's 10-meter (live)

Wed., June 20  

10 p.m.-2 a.m. ET   NBCSN   Diving - Semifinals: Men's 3-meter (live); Women's 10-meter (live); Women's 3-meter (next day coverage)

Thurs., June 21 

10 p.m.-12 a.m. ET   NBCSN   Diving - Synchro Finals: Women's 3-meter; Men's 10-meter (live)

Fri., June 22      

9-11 p.m. ET   NBCSN   Track & Field - Finals (live)

11 p.m.-12 a.m. ET   NBCSN   Diving - Synchro Finals: Men's 3-meter (live)

Sat., June 23           

1:30-3:30 p.m. ET   NBCSN   Field Hockey - USA Women vs. Argentina (live)

4-6 p.m. ET   NBC   Diving: Men's 10-meter - Finals (live)

6-7:30 p.m. ET   NBCSN   Rowing (from June 11-14) and BMX (from June 16)

8-9 p.m. ET/PT   NBC   Track & Field - Finals (live)

Sun., June 24

3-6 p.m. ET   NBC   Diving: Men's 3-meter, Women's 10-meter, Women's 3-meter - Finals (live)

7-8 p.m. ET/PT   NBC   Track & Field - Finals (live) 

Mon., June 25 

6:30-8 p.m. ET   NBCSN   Swimming - Qualifying Heats (same day coverage)

8-9 p.m. ET/PT   NBC   Swimming - Finals (live)

Tues., June 26

Wed., June 27

7-8 p.m. ET   NBCSN   Swimming - Qualifying Heats (same day coverage)

Thurs., June 28

4:30-5:30 p.m. ET   NBCSN   Swimming - Qualifying Heats (same day coverage)

5:30-8 p.m. ET   NBCSN    Gymnastics - Men's Competition (live)

Fri., June 29

4:30-6 p.m. ET   NBCSN   Swimming - Qualifying Heats (same day coverage)

6-8 p.m. ET   NBCSN   Track & Field - Finals (live)

9-11 p.m. ET/PT   NBC   Gymnastics - Women's Competition (live)

Sat., June 30

4-6 p.m. ET   NBC   Gymnastics - Men's Final (live)

9-10 p.m. ET/PT   NBC   Track & Field - Finals (live)

Sun., July 1

6-7 p.m. ET   NBCSN   Swimming - Qualifying Heats (same day coverage)

7-8 p.m. ET/PT   NBC   Track & Field - Finals (live)

9-11 p.m. ET/PT   NBC   Gymnastics - Women's Final (live)

Mon., July 2

8-8:30 p.m. ET/PT   NBC   Swimming - Finals (live)

Sun., July 8

6-7:30 p.m. ET   NBCSN   Water Polo - USA Women vs. China (live)

Visitor

[ Edited ]

Comcast owns majority shares in NBC.  I wrote them about Universal Sports and this is part of the reply I got from them stating that not enough Comcast Users are requesting the channels so you  better call up your friends to get it back.    Here is a part of the reply from Comcast

Your issue as I understand it is that you lost a channel, Universal sport, that you really enjoy. In the previous responses, the information that has prevailed is, at the present time. there are not enough Comcast users speaking up with a preference for the Universal sport channel. For your best case scenario, have all your fellow Universal sport enthusiasts e-mail or call with a similar request if you continue to want this sports channel.  Adding Universal Sport will certainly be researched for you because your voice has been heard. However, there are no plans to add it back in right now.

Sincerely,

Stephen Office of Rick Germano

So what this email response is that all of the messages being sent from Universal Sports, this thread on Comcast's OWN "support" board and all the email messages being sent directly to Comcast don't matter because there is not enough support of Universal Sports. Good thing Comcast "cares" about it's customers or soon to be ex-customers. I will be switching to Dish or Direct TV if Comcast does not have Universal Sports by the start of Ski season.

Recognized Contributor

usmagrad87 wrote:So what this email response is that all of the messages being sent from Universal Sports, this thread on Comcast's OWN "support" board and all the email messages being sent directly to Comcast don't matter because there is not enough support of Universal Sports. Good thing Comcast "cares" about it's customers or soon to be ex-customers. I will be switching to Dish or Direct TV if Comcast does not have Universal Sports by the start of Ski season.

I did the same in January of this year and switched to DIrect and could not be happier with the service.  If you need an account number to get the new customer discount, drop me a PM.  I let COmcast know that if they would not carry USN, I would drop my 20+ year cable TV service with them and I did so.

Contributor

[ Edited ]

If you would like a refferel for DISH (and $50 off your first month's bill) I would be happy to provide one as well. 

I still have both DISH and Comcast.  I will keep them both through the Olympics.  Then I will re-evaluate.  Neither one is perfect, but having Universal Sports is mandatory for me. 

Contributor

Yes, I will have to switch to another provider also in the Fall. Comcast has left has no choice.

RS

New Visitor

A little late to get on the band wagon...but, I too am very disappointed that Comcast couldn't work out a solution for USN. We've had their triple-play services for several years now and the cost keeps inching its way, way, way up! It's important for businesses to make a profit but seriously, when does the price-gouging, and cutting services stop???? Alas, searching for a new service provider!

Recognized Contributor
medziatkowicz

you do realize that universal sports won't cover any live olympic events, right?

Contributor
boulderjames

As someone that sort of revived this conversation a few months back I feel I should rejoin the conversation... I am fully aware of what content is shown on which channel and fully understand the logistics of NBC programming... Of course the Olympics, specifically the premier events will be broadcast on their NBC flagship station as well as NBCSports, same as with cycling... The Tour is broadcast in this manner, although I have to admit that I am a bit sad the Sat/Sun races are shown on the main network... too many banners and such to fully enjoy but overall not a battle I am willing to take on.

What I am missing by not having US is the Diamond League series leading up to the Olympics. It would be nice to be able to see how the athletes are progressing up to the Olympics, whose on and whose not - what up coming athelete is making his or her mark etc. So in a sense I am missing important events leading up to the Olympics!

My main problem is that these providers are acting like we have such limited channel space that adding US back to the line up is either impossible or not warranted due to requests. Yet there is no lack of amazing small demographic programming... So I can get 50+ Spanich channels but not one simple sports channel? Sorry, just not buying it. What I am buying is it is the same ol', same ol'... The overall attitude about sports shown on US is that they are not mainstream, but i.e. "fringe" sports for a fanatical few. Look at the way a event like London or Boston Marathon or Ironman are approached, all special interest stories with small segments of the actual elite race. Now imagine if a NFL or NBA game was broadcast where a good portion of the event is focused on a special interest story... think that would go over well? (Not)... "Brees is about to throw a long pass but first meet John Doe who works the concession stand while supporting a family and going to school." Or delayed from a live broadcast until the market share was were the advertisers dictate it should be.

I missed the entire FIS Alpine ski season this year due to the elimation of US. Being from Colorado meant that I was unable to enjoy Lindsay Vonn historici season this year and to me this is a big deal.

What I would propose to those of us that enjoy US and feel that it is of high value and important to our entertainment package is that we band together as one voice. There may not be enough individual cycling or running (etc) fans to make a wave with Comcast but I would imagine that if the all the cycling, track and field, rugby, skiing, etc were to get together as one voice then we would have the enough "responses" that could get Comcasts attention. I am looking into starting an online petition to bring all the groups together as one voice.

On a personal note. I do get a bit miffed that I have to beg for content that was onced offered. I have the Triple Play package and at this level should treated as a value and not a nuisance. In conclussion, some us do understand the logistics of all that is occurring with broadcasting ins and outs but ultimately as a customer I need to have my concerns heard, addressed and resolved and should not have to go to the lengths of starting a petiton, rallying like minded viewers, spending countless time with these streams etc and should be spending more of my time enjoying the content I desire, period.

Regular Contributor

[ Edited ]

Well stated Boulder James and I am not going to go away either. When you mentioned fringe sports it made me think of the times I watched world championship badmitton or table tennis on US. I was living fat and happy when that type of content was available, but now we have NBC Sports which is broadcasting the Tour de France, but that's about it. I did see some track and field and swimming on NBC, but for the most part it definitely doesn't replace what was lost when we had US. 

I've had so many issues with Comcast over the last 8 months that it's going to reach and head and if my issues aren't resolved I will leave and I'm not joking, nor is this an empty threat on my part. I think I'm setting the start of La Vuelta a Espana on August 18th as the drop dead date for Comcast to have issues resolved to my satisfaction, or we will be parting company after 25 years of continuous service.

Recognized Contributor
medziatkowicz

problem 1 is nbc decided to quit making it available for free over the air and instead charge for it. So you would have to contact nbc and let them know you are upset (yes i know comcast bought out nbc but the government requires them to be seperate divisions.)

problem 2 is only so many people want the channel. Comcast will need lots and lots of people to request the channel. I'm talking hundreds of thousands if not millions.

Like I said before the olympics won't be on universal sports but on networks like cnbc, msnbc, nbc sports and nbc.

Also all olympic events will be shown live online.

Contributor

Well said BoulderJames.  I will sign your petition if I still have Comcast at the time.  I'm getting closer and closer to dropping Comcast.  I know that no provider is perfect, but I will choosing my provider with Universal Sports in mind. 

Silver Problem Solver
andyross

NBC is only a minor partner in the channel. Intermedia Partners is the primary owner. Complain to them:

http://www.intermediaadvisors.com/

Regular Contributor

Two of the last three posts made today and yesterday are repeating facts most of us involved in this thread already know. Comcast and US have to negotiate a deal in order for it to be reinstated and it is perfectly clear that we are in a holding pattern until that process runs its course. We are just continuing to let Comcast know that we haven't forgotten about US and want it back in the channel lineup. US has a link on their website that has you call a 1-800 number, which in turn transfers you back to Comcast customer service to voice your concern. When you talk to Comcast customer service they just parrot that negotiations are underway and have to be completed before any changes will take place.

All we are saying is a lot of us are loyal customers and our patience is running thin right now. Please get the negotiations done as soon as is feasibly possible (Comcast and US).

New Visitor
denmonta27

I totally agree with your comments. I need Universal Sports for Skiing and Track and Field as well as for the other sports that are not shown on the other networks. If there is a petition, I will sign it.

Contributor

[ Edited ]

A new development has happned with Universal Sports.  They have changed the access to their online videos - and thus to live onling streaming for upcoming events. 

Videos are now free to those who have Universal Sports as part of their TV/cable/satellite package.  Those videos will no longer be available to anyone else.  It use to be you could pay an online fee to see them - no longer. 

It is now even more important for Comcast to carry Universal Sports. 

Now that the Olympics are in session, I have upgraded my DISHnetwork package.  I plan to drastically cut back on my Comcast TV account - I may cancel it altogether in the next month.  I don't need it - especially without Universal Sports. 

Regular Visitor

I'm the same as you boulderjames, I've had the triple play option for years now. I was enjoying the FIS coverage that was on comcast, but was a little disapointed that it wasn't available in HD. But when comcast dropped Universal Sports I lost the channel with the most interest for me.

I've been looking around at switching to DirectTV if Universal Sports haven't been returned to the comcast line up. Actually I've been very tired of paying the exorbitant fees for comcast, especially when there are only 4 or 5 channels that I watch. I really don't need all of those home shopping channels, or all of the other worthless channels that comcast is happy with.

So, if that means getting seperate telephone, internet, & television packages so be it.

Contributor

I have been calling and emailing Comcast for the past 9 months.  I just found this forum.  There are probably others like myself who have been contacting Comcast and not showing up on this forum because we did not know it existed.  Still no change - no deal has been made to carry Universal Sports.  I was a longtime viewer of Universal Sports. It was one of our top 2 or 3 channels and both the wife and I miss it very much.  I guess I will start contacting Universal Sports and ask them to cut a deal with Comcast.  Both parties are to blame.  Meanwhile, I won't go away.  I'll keep contacting both of them.

New Visitor
skaterfan924

These intellectual property fights are getting worse. Comcast and Universal Sports apparently can't come to an agreement on fees. Universal has now changed their structure such that if you don't get their broadcast then you can't do like I did and pay them a fee for a particular stream. While they were busy doing this they refused to sell streaming rights to the ISU Grand Prix events that occcur outside of the United States to Ice Network. What does this mean? All skating fans in this country will not be able to see live skating events from Skate America until Nationals. Last year I paid Icenetwork $40 to stream skating events. Take note Universal, I would pay you $40 to be able to continue watching these events. The solution to my problem and those of every US skating fan, COMCAST CARRY UNIVERSAL.

I hope the USFIGURESKATING ASSN takes note of the problem  and intercedes.

New Visitor
customerDave

I also support Universal Sports being part of the Comcast offering.  If Comcast can't provide it then I will look at other options.  

I'd like to see a Comcast response to this thread.  I will also communicate with Universal Sports.

Official Employee
ComcastTeds

customerDave wrote:

I also support Universal Sports being part of the Comcast offering.  If Comcast can't provide it then I will look at other options.  

I'd like to see a Comcast response to this thread.  I will also communicate with Universal Sports.

Unfortunately, there is not much new to add since my earlier posts.

Comcast is in discussions with Universal Sports Network regarding possible distribution. A contract and agreement to terms is required before we can offer any channel to our customers.   

While NBCUniversal has a minority, non-controlling ownership in the Universal Sports Network, all channels, regardless of affiliation, are required to go through the same application and approval process in order to be carried by Comcast.

The Comcast programming teams and local management teams constantly evaluate programming choices and policies and make decisions based on customer interests, costs, channel bandwidth management and contractual obligations.

The Comcast employees who participate in these forums certainly pass along the collective feedback, interests and concerns to those teams.

As with any business, situations may change based on customer demand, channel bandwidth opportunities, business opportunities, costs and contractual obligations.

Thanks for your interest.

New Visitor
New Visitor
rxg

Count me as another disgruntled Comcast triple play subscriber.  Just make a deal and move on.  It can't be the most difficult deal these two companies have ever had to make.   There are hundreds of thousands of figure skating, skiing, biking, and other fans out there that will pay Comcast to carry Universal Sports. 

Get 'er done!

New Visitor
lmh99xyz

BRING BACK UNIVERSAL SPORTS

Missed Giro and Vuelta - if Universal Sports not back for 2013 season, am going to DirectTV. What other service do you sign up for, then have them reduce services AND increase prices??

Regular Contributor

ComcastTeds wrote:

The Comcast employees who participate in these forums certainly pass along the collective feedback, interests and concerns to those teams.

Whenever you get the chance Ted, just keep telling them that there is a thread that just won't die because folks want US back. Keeping plugging and we'll keep thanking you for your efforts.
Contributor

The stock Comcast boilerplate is not helpful.

Contributor

What makes me so unhappy is that I pay a lot of money for cable TV and I am paying for channels I do not want to watch.  Now, here's a channel I really want and they take it away!

This is the sports channel for white collar workers.  The wife and I enjoy the bicycle racing, world cup skiing, Gran Prix Figure Skating, Dianmond League Track and Field and other events.  We don't watch cage fighting, NFL Football, X Games, MTV, shopping or religous channels.  We really want THIS channel.  How about adding it to the Sports Package?  We will sign up for it to get this channel!

New Visitor
skiwatcher

Are there any other COMCAST channels where World Cup Skiing is being broadcast?  If not, please come to an agreement with Universal Sports.

Regular Visitor

Well Comcast is still not making any progress, that is if they are even trying at all.

So with the FIS ski season about to start it's time to start looking at alternatives to Comcoasting.

Heck I might be able to save myself some coin compaired to the triple play rate that I've been getting from them. The worst part is the HD channels that Comcoast offers is set up as one of their premium channel packages, so this costs even more.