Reply
New Visitor
Joanne_bullock
Posts: 1
Registered: ‎06-07-2012
Accepted Solution

T.V.Guide Channel NOT WORKING

When I go to the t.v.g. channel (100) there is no t.v.guide on the bottom of the screen. This is not my t.v. connection or whatever you like to call it and send someone out to my home to check everything. It does not appear on the screen on the t.v. at my son's house up the street, or the t.v. at my friends in the next town over. And I'm sure many more t.v.'s in our area. Can you PLEASE fix this? I have called about this numerous times and no one seems to know what is going on. One of your employee's told me that the TV. Channel does offer a guide anymore, and wasn't very nice about it. He would not transfer me to a supervisor, but when I called back and spoke to a supervisor, he advised me he was not aware of that. I'm sure you understand that I am talking about the guide for the TV.'s with the black remote, not your main TV.  Where you can push guide on your silver remote and get the guide. Could you fix this ASAP?  And let me know what the problem is and when it will be fixed.

Thank you

Regular Problem Solver
Posts: 509
Registered: ‎04-03-2008

Re: T.V.Guide Channel NOT WORKING

[ Edited ]

DELETE 

Official Employee
ComcastTeds
Posts: 7,703
Registered: ‎01-09-2012

Re: T.V.Guide Channel NOT WORKING


Joanne_bullock wrote:

When I go to the t.v.g. channel (100) there is no t.v.guide on the bottom of the screen. This is not my t.v. connection or whatever you like to call it and send someone out to my home to check everything. It does not appear on the screen on the t.v. at my son's house up the street, or the t.v. at my friends in the next town over. And I'm sure many more t.v.'s in our area. Can you PLEASE fix this? I have called about this numerous times and no one seems to know what is going on. One of your employee's told me that the TV. Channel does offer a guide anymore, and wasn't very nice about it. He would not transfer me to a supervisor, but when I called back and spoke to a supervisor, he advised me he was not aware of that. I'm sure you understand that I am talking about the guide for the TV.'s with the black remote, not your main TV.  Where you can push guide on your silver remote and get the guide. Could you fix this ASAP?  And let me know what the problem is and when it will be fixed.

Thank you



Joanne_bullock wrote:

When I go to the t.v.g. channel (100) there is no t.v.guide on the bottom of the screen. This is not my t.v. connection or whatever you like to call it and send someone out to my home to check everything. It does not appear on the screen on the t.v. at my son's house up the street, or the t.v. at my friends in the next town over. And I'm sure many more t.v.'s in our area. Can you PLEASE fix this? I have called about this numerous times and no one seems to know what is going on. One of your employee's told me that the TV. Channel does offer a guide anymore, and wasn't very nice about it. He would not transfer me to a supervisor, but when I called back and spoke to a supervisor, he advised me he was not aware of that. I'm sure you understand that I am talking about the guide for the TV.'s with the black remote, not your main TV.  Where you can push guide on your silver remote and get the guide. Could you fix this ASAP?  And let me know what the problem is and when it will be fixed.

Thank you



Can you please provide your city and state?

 

There are two versions of the TV Guide Network; one has a small scrolling grid at the bottom and one does not. Many Comcast areas have been switching out the TV Guide Network version that has the the scrolling guide grid for the "full-screen" version of this channel.

 

Visitor
sevillana
Posts: 3
Registered: ‎06-15-2012

Re: T.V.Guide Channel NOT WORKING

I used to have the small scrolling and I was able to see what was going to be on TV, now, with the new changes, I have the full screen and there is no TV guide, there is the channel but no guide,  so I don't know what is on TV anymore.  I don't know why they did that. The only way to know what is on TV is going through comcast website. Zipcode 23834 VA.

 

 

Official Employee
ComcastTeds
Posts: 7,703
Registered: ‎01-09-2012

Re: T.V.Guide Channel NOT WORKING


sevillana wrote:

I used to have the small scrolling and I was able to see what was going to be on TV, now, with the new changes, I have the full screen and there is no TV guide, there is the channel but no guide,  so I don't know what is on TV anymore.  I don't know why they did that. The only way to know what is on TV is going through comcast website. Zipcode 23834 VA.

 

 

There are two versions of the TV Guide Network; one has a small scrolling grid at the bottom and one does not.

 

Most TV Guide Network locations ave been switching to the "full-screen" version of this channel.

 

  

Where did the TV listings go?

With the advancement of interactive guides, the majority of television viewers no longer rely on TV Guide Network for programming listings. As a result, TV Guide Network has decided to eliminate the TV listings in some areas and dedicate their channel to programming only.

 

What’s on TV Guide Network? I thought it was a Guide service!

TV Guide is one of the most recognized and trusted TV sources and is dedicated to providing their viewers with shows that celebrate the pop culture trends that are so much a part of the television and entertainment landscape. TV Guide is a television insider with over 50 years of television experience.

 

 

www.tvguide.com or www.xfinitytv.com also have TV listings for your area.

 

They both offer extensive listings for major broadcast and cable network programming

 

The local newspaper is another great way to get broadcast and cable network listings.

 

 

If you have additional questions about the changes with TV Guide Network, you can contact TV Guide Network directly and they will respond to your concerns.

 

TV Guide Network Viewer Feedback

1800 N. Highland Ave, 7th Fl,

Los Angeles, CA 90028

Email: tvgnfeedback@tvguide.com

Phone: 918-499-6308

 


 

Visitor
sevillana
Posts: 3
Registered: ‎06-15-2012

Re: T.V.Guide Channel NOT WORKING

Thanks for the response. But it's not the same to log into the internet to see what's o TV that flipping a channel. Very dissapointed.

Recognized Contributor
medziatkowicz
Posts: 447
Registered: ‎12-26-2011

Re: T.V.Guide Channel NOT WORKING

what about for people that don't have a box on every tv or internet? How will they find out what is on the channels they get?

Official Employee
ComcastTeds
Posts: 7,703
Registered: ‎01-09-2012

Re: T.V.Guide Channel NOT WORKING


medziatkowicz wrote:

what about for people that don't have a box on every tv or internet? How will they find out what is on the channels they get?


 

The local newspaper is another great way to get broadcast and cable network listings.

 

Other options would be to obtain a digital cable box or on-screen overlay service or devices that include TVGOS that have on-screen listings.

 

This is a TV Guide Network decision. TV Guide would love to hear from you. I provided their contact information in my post above.