New Visitor
imjustrob

The new Fox "FXX" Channel...

Will Comcast add the new FXX Channel to their line up?

Yes: What will the new FXX Channel number be?

No: Why not? What steps do I need to take to ensure I have access to the shows that Fox is moving to the new FXX channel. (Louie, It's Always Sunny..., Legit, Wilfred, etc...)

Service Expert
Queen-Evie

Re: The new Fox "FXX" Channel...

The only thing I can tell you is no one can say what channel number it will be because it would vary depending on where you live.

Comcast employees must be authorized to post in the forum in an official capacity. Employees posting here have their names in red and are designated as employees. Names not in red are customers.

This is done to protect customers and for assurance that they are dealing with a Comcast employee.
Non-Authorized Employees are allowed to post but cannot state they are employees nor can they allude to being employees.

Silver Problem Solver
andyross

FXX is replacing Fox Soccer. If you have a Fox Soccer channel, then FXX will be there.

New Visitor
cosmoelaine

OK stupid question. I have digital starter and I see there is a Fox Soccer but I can't watch it because I don't have a sports pkg. So when they replace it with FXX, will I then have access to it (since its no longer sports?) Hope that made sense.
TIA!
Silver Problem Solver
andyross

It's up to Fox and Comcast to come to an agreement. In many areas, Speed is moving from S&E to Starter, in preparation for it's change to Fox Sports 1. It's likely Fox Soccer will eventually move down to Starter when FXX is launched.

Silver Problem Solver
andyross

In my latest bill, it does state that Fox Soccer is moving to 'Expanded' (basically Starter) next month.

New Visitor
shoyt123

why do you have two different answers?!?!? is it yes or no???

New Visitor
ScottRoss

I see Fox Soccer on channel 401... Is Comcast going to offer FXX in HD?  If so, what channel is that going to be on?

Frequent Visitor

On my system Fox Soccer SD is on 401 and channel 803 in HD.

Contributor

You can look up your FXX channel at GetFXX.com

Looks like only being offered in SD here which is so annoying--the shows I used to watch on FX in HD will only be availble in SD now! I really hope Comcast adds FXX HD in MA by Sept 4 when the new seasons start!

Recognized Contributor
BPreston

Kyle, the Get FXX website only lists Channel 401 for my area, but Fox Soccer is currently on 401 (SD) and 803 (HD). So it would stand to reason that we will receive the HD feed even though only the SD is listed on FXX's website. Hopefully your area has a similar scenario.
Contributor

BPreston wrote:
Kyle, the Get FXX website only lists Channel 401 for my area, but Fox Soccer is currently on 401 (SD) and 803 (HD). So it would stand to reason that we will receive the HD feed even though only the SD is listed on FXX's website. Hopefully your area has a similar scenario.

Thanks--looks like we have Fox Soccer HD in the 900s--fingers crossed.

Visitor
DerrickEver

My DVR shows 401 (SD) and 337 (HD) for Fox Soccer (and soon to be FXX). I'm in the Chicago area. I also set up recordings for a couple of the shows on my DVR and they automatically defaulted to 337 HD. It's looking like FXX on HD is all ready to go!

Regular Contributor

DerrickEver wrote:

My DVR shows 401 (SD) and 337 (HD) for Fox Soccer (and soon to be FXX). I'm in the Chicago area. I also set up recordings for a couple of the shows on my DVR and they automatically defaulted to 337 HD. It's looking like FXX on HD is all ready to go!

Lucky you.  Looks like out here in the NW burbs we're going to have to wait for Netflix to watch those shows in HD.  Way to go Comcast & FOX

New Visitor
Mahojda80

I just found the channels! On comcast (in or around Portland) it's 401 for SD & 800 for HD, but they're stilled labeled as The Soccer Channel playing FXX shows already!
Security Expert
CajunTek
New Visitor
Jcarlson5623

In houston it's channel 704 and it's in HD
New Visitor
rayytowers

FXX - 727 [SD) 991 [
HD]
New Visitor
nudavnci64

SD in the Bay  Area is 401 HD TBD.  It would help if everyone states the area you are in.

Regular Problem Solver
C_DM

[ Edited ]

nudavnci64 wrote:

SD in the Bay  Area is 401 HD TBD.  It would help if everyone states the area you are in.

HD should be 803 (where FOX Soccer Channel HD was/is that is being replaced by FXX HD).

New Visitor
chadkloeckl

Why did they remove the fox soccer channel?  I know the new FXX channel is on there, but I purposely got almost all channels just to get the fox soccer channel.  Will Xfinity reintroduce this channel again?

Regular Problem Solver
C_DM

chadkloeckl wrote:

Why did they remove the fox soccer channel?  I know the new FXX channel is on there, but I purposely got almost all channels just to get the fox soccer channel.  Will Xfinity reintroduce this channel again?

Comcast didn't really have anything to do with it, FOX is who owns the FOX Soccer Channel and FX channels including FXX and decided to remove FOX Soccer Channel (and introduce a slightly different FOX Sports 1 channel) and add FXX.

New Visitor
Cmg05003

WHats going on!!!. I went to go watch the league tonight and the fox soccer channel is still there and blocked out. I have digital preferred and wanted to watch my show. When will this change over and will I get it with my package?
Visitor
DerrickEver

Cmg05003 wrote:
WHats going on!!!. I went to go watch the league tonight and the fox soccer channel is still there and blocked out. I have digital preferred and wanted to watch my show. When will this change over and will I get it with my package?

I'm not sure what part of the country you're in but here in Chicago, "The League" and all the other relocated FX shows were on view on the new FXX. You might need to check with your local Comcast folks to find out what happened in your area.

New Visitor
Cmg05003

Thanks for the heads up. Here in southeastern Connecticut we didn't have the pleasure of watching it!!
Visitor
Cubdukat

What I'd like to know is why FXX isn't available in HD in Chicago. That's such a no-brainer.

Visitor
DerrickEver

Cubdukat wrote:

What I'd like to know is why FXX isn't available in HD in Chicago. That's such a no-brainer.

It is. I watched it toninght in Chicago in HD on channel 337. Channel 401 is in SD.

Regular Contributor

Not in surrounding areas though. How ridiculous. Thanks Comcast
New Visitor
Mjg08

I had The League all setup to record last night, but it didn't. I went into the on demand service and the episode from last night is there, but it says I need to order the channel to watch it. The strange thing is my service includes the new FXX and I can go to the channel and watch what is currently airing. Does anyone know how to bypass this purchase thing so I can watch it on demand or when it will be fixed for those of us who have the channel? Thanks
Visitor
Cubdukat

Interesting. For some reason I can't time in 337, and it doesn't show up on my program guide. I'm using a PC tuner with Windows Media Center, so I may have to rescan. Was that part of Premier?
Silver Problem Solver
andyross

If you had a series recording set up for FXX, you may need to recreate it. I had a similar issue with "Totally Biased". The series recording disappeared. I posted about it in another thread. I think it may have been due to Comcast finally updating the channel name, which may have altered something else.

Visitor
Cubdukat

I actually have the SD FXX on 401, but the HD one doesn't show up at all on my channel listings.

Visitor
DerrickEver

Cubdukat wrote:

I actually have the SD FXX on 401, but the HD one doesn't show up at all on my channel listings.

I'm not sure what part of the country you're in (I'm in Chicago) but have you tried inputting 337 for FXX HD on your remote instead of scrolling for it? Maybe you can't access it because it's not scanned and programmed. Maybe? Like you, FXX SD was on 401 but I found the HD version on 337.

New Visitor
Dudeman71

In Nashville, it is channel 707. The Get FXX site has it listed wrong (267). ( and Customer Service for Comcast told me the didn't even offer it). But by scrolling through pages of channel guide I was able to finally come across it.  

Visitor
Cubdukat

Yeah, I tried entering it in directly, and I even tried that after dumping my channel map and rescanning for new channels. Apparently it's just not available--which is strange, because other people in Chicago have reported that they get it in HD on 337.

New Visitor
tvwritergirl

Why does the FXX channel say not authorized? Is it a pay channel now?

New Visitor
reesedogg

Is the new channel available on the DTA box?

New Visitor
himelps

Each local Fox station must advertise this listing of FXX so we'll know !!

Silver Problem Solver
andyross

reesedogg wrote:

Is the new channel available on the DTA box?

FXX should be in the Starter tier in most areas, so it should be available on a DTA. It is by me.

New Visitor
stacyarmstrong

This new "FXX' channel only shows Fox shows like Always funny in Philadelphia.  It has nothing to do with showing the Premier League.  Will Comcast be able to show premier league games?   If not, I'm cancelling my Sports Package. 

Silver Problem Solver
andyross

Premier League games are spread out across various NBC networks, and OnDemand.

New Visitor

What channel is FXX?

Silver Problem Solver
commanguy

j.r. gavin

Channel assignmenst differ across the country. Since the forums are a customer to customer help forum no one here could tell you exactly.

Go to this link http://xfinitytv.comcast.net/tv-listings and enter your zip code to get the channels for your area.

New Visitor
DAmaral

That sucks,. ComCast's channel line up sheets still show Fox Soccer on 401 & 618, but FXX is actually there instead, with a bunch of junk programming. Where did Fox Soccer Channel go?

Silver Problem Solver
commanguy

DAmaral

Fox Soccer is pretty much gone.

See this for more info

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fox_Soccer

New Visitor
amyherrick1

Did FXX get moved to a new tier?  I was able to watch Always Sunny in Philadelphia each week before last night, when I went to watch it on 10/9 I got the "Ref code: S0a00"  Channel should be available shortly and it's still doing that.  I'm not having issues with other channels, do I have to upgrade my package to get FXX now?

Silver Problem Solver
andyross

S0A00 is a common code that basically means it cannot tune the channel due to a signal problem. Either the channel is dead, or you box is getting a weak signal.

New Visitor
NoDuH

(why do you have two different answers?!?!? is it yes or no???) Thesesbarw NOT TWO DIFFERENT answers, read slowly...in context. Writer is simply providing the two potential answers...each followed up w/further inquiry...contingent upon either response...The post is a QUESTION--Would they answer their own
question....?? Yes: obviously an attention starved troll; NO: schiztso's watch Xfinity too!
New Visitor

Wow
New Visitor

I'm in the Attleboro, Massachusetts area. Can anyone help me out?