New Visitor
WoodKitten
Accepted Solution

Universal Sports

Does Comcast have the "Universal Sports" channel in its line up?

Cable Expert
JayInAlg

Re: Universal Sports

[ Edited ]

NBC Universal Sports is carried by some but not all NBC local TV stations on a sub carrier channel.  it is carried by most or all of the Corp owned stations, but if the local NBC franchise is owned by a indepentend station owner it might not be carried by them.

Contact your local NBC station for an answer if they carry NBC Universal Sportsw or not.  

NBC Universal Sports is not a national cable channel automatically carried by the cable system, the local NBC station would have to be broadcasting it for the cable system to pick it up.

New Visitor
WoodKitten

Thank you very much for your reply.  I will give NBC a call.  All the best.

New Visitor
WoodKitten

I looked at the Universal Sports website and ran the channel finder for my zip code.  It showed that Comcast is not a provider for their channel in my area. 

New Visitor
KenSato

NBC Universal Sports has sent me as an email stating that a cable or satellite provider can carry their channel and they have suggested I contact my cable company if I want it.  What the Comcast "expert" representative has posted is less than a half truth.  Comcast could choose to carry to carry this channel in its default line up but has chosen not to.

Cable Expert
JayInAlg

[ Edited ]

This post is from July, since then Universal Sports has announced they will become a cable channel on most Comcast systems in 2012.  This is upcoming and has not been put in place yet.