Bronze Star Contributor
demomanMLS

WWE Network - Launches 4/1/12

The WWE Network as of right now is proposed to launch on April 1st 2012. This is going to be a very heavly requested channel due to the rumors of the channel carrying live WWE events along with a number of archival wrestling shows and what not.

http://www.iwantwwenetwork.com/

Comcast can't afford to treat this network like they have with Fox Soccer HD. Comcast needs to have this available in both standard and HD from day one. Let's make our voices heard. WE WANT WWE NETWORK ON 4/1/12! 

Silver Problem Solver
rog286713

Re: WWE Network - Launches 4/1/12

is wrestling still on TV? 

Bronze Star Contributor

Not in my home lol

Bronze Star Contributor
demomanMLS

WWE RAW is on USA Monday night 9 PM EST

Impact Wrestling is on Spike Thursday night 9 PM EST

WWE Smackdown is on SyFy Friday night 8 PM EST

There's also Ring Of Honor on in some markets at varying times. 

Recognized Contributor

I was under the impression comcast would carry this channel on day one? they have a premium service for this wwe its the most popular sport out there I wouldn't see why they wouldn't carry it.

Bronze Star Contributor
demomanMLS

It's not so much on if Comcast will carry it but if Comcast will pick the channel up right on its launch day. Especially if the rumors of the WWE Network carrying Wrestlemania 28 live is true which is a HUGE ploy by the WWE to get cable/sat providers to get the channel added right away. Smart move on their part if its true since the WWE knows they'll make more money by getting people to subscribe to the channel for Mania all by itself.

New Visitor
WWEFan87

Question since i"m already a part of WWE "classics" is "    " becoming the wwe network?

New Visitor
XyberDAWG

I too hope that it will be available day one. I Will subscribe. I subscribe to WWE Classics On Demand, Rarely Watch it, but I like having the ability to watch them. I will subscribe to WWE Network ASAP. Especially if they put the PPVs on the network, which makes sense. If they put the PPVs on, they could easily charge the same they normally would for a PPV, and we would still subscribe as long as we know we get all PPVs from it. And as a subscriber we should get Classics for free :smileywink:

Recognized Contributor

I guess I'm out Im not gonna pay for one channel extra. I thought it was a p art of the sports and entertainment package. so this is just a glorifed pay per view channel.

Bronze Star Contributor
demomanMLS

From what it sounds like the WWE wants this to be an widely available channel which means they'll make sure its cheap cost to get viewers.

New Visitor
dreamcatcher03

we want wwe network in hd

Bronze Star Contributor
demomanMLS

FYI WWE Classics OnDemand is done for after this month.

New Visitor

WWE Network should be a regular network channel like USA or Spike.  The last time I upgraded my cable package with Comcast, they were supposed to add their VoIP phone service and add the sports package.  The sports package doesn't show anything that I'm interested in watching (Yugoslovian womens weight liftining, Cambodian Men's Mud Jumping, 3 year old soccer matches) plus they took away The Movie Channel sub set.  I want a sports network that I'm paying for to show me the sports that I want to see, live, real time events.  If Comcast is going to carry the WWE Network and charge me an additional $7.00 a month, they better not take anything away from my current line up.

I hope that both WWE and Comcast do the right thing.

Bronze Star Contributor
demomanMLS

Just as an FYI Fox Soccer does air live games for many leagues such as EPL, UEFA, and Serie A for instance. Sometimes they do like to run older games whenever there's an upcoming game with the same teams as a way to build up the hype to that game. NFL Network does the same thing at times as well.

New Visitor
goodone622005

please comcast we need wwe network on comcast in hd you will get thousands of people to join in and pay for the station its awesome to have lot of viewers 

Visitor
bigmike082778

i wanna see wwe network come to comcast on 4/1/12...

Bronze Star Contributor
demomanMLS

It's now reported that the WWE Network is potentially delayed until at least the fall of 2012 if not even until November.

Visitor
MariaS4739

yes, I want this network too when it launches.  I've been on the WWE site filling out the form for Comcast to get this network.  

New Visitor
goodone622005

thanks for info

Official Employee
ComcastTeds

New Visitor
auntjo

http://www.wwe.com/help

Unfortunately, WWE Network will not be on the tv.