Contributor

What channels should I be getting?

We have three boxes in our home, all with the same package. However, one of the boxes does not recieve the same channels as the other two. We have taken all the steps suggested to fix this and finally had someone come out to the house to "fix" it. She said that we get the "multiplex" package. Since I am still having issues getting channels (most say "unavailable") I would like to see a list of the channels I am supposed to be getting, but I am having the hardest time on this website trying to find a list. Where can I find this list? Please do not direct me to the channel lineup page either because when I enter my address there it tells me that it cannot find my address.

Silver Problem Solver
rog286713

Re: What channels should I be getting?

unfortunately thats all there is.  comcast sells different packages across the country with different names.   If you were to tune to a channel that said unavailalbe that does not mean you do not get it, that means its temporarily unavailable, if you were to tune to a channel you don't get it would say unauthorized.

Are all your boxes the same cable box?  If they are not that can be your issue, even though you have one package on your account if you have one of those small free dta adapters they don't get all the channels, you need a digital box or above to get them on each tv.  if you have a digital box on each tv and you are not getting the same on each, then you might have a signal issue preventing the signal from showing on some of them. 

What did the tech say when they came out to your house to fix it?   why did they leave and leave it unfixed?  Some of this is just not making sense.

Contributor

The tech said the box was not getting the correct signal, so she had someone at the office or whatever send the signal (multiple times). The issue actually was fixed that day when she left, but the next day the problem returned. The boxes are all the same. I really didn't have this issue until we recently downgraded to a basic cable service due to the fact we could not afford the upgraded package. Frankly I am not even sure the tech had it right because she says we have the multiplex package, which seems to include HBO and Encore...that is the package we had BEFORE the downgrade, and she wasn't very friendly so I really did not want to ask a lot of questions, but this is getting on my nerves. I have been a customer of comcast for 15 years and never had an issue until Xfinity was introduced, and from the looks of your forums you have many more unhappy customers than satisfied.

Silver Problem Solver
rog286713

do you mean a tech that came to your house?  your account is definately messed up that is the issue, unfortunately you have to call and try to get this straight.