Visitor

Where did the Style Network channel go? Ann Arbor, MI

[ Edited ]

We have extended basic cable (was 70+) channels and all of a sudden the style network is gone.

It is still showing up on the tv guide channel and on comcast's site for the service that we have.

Does anyone know if this is a temporary issue or if comcast has removed this channel without notice?

Thanks.

Message Edited by meechigan on 02-10-2010 06:28 PM
Recognized Contributor

Re: Where did the Style Network channel go? Ann Arbor, MI

You should call 1-800-COMCAST and find out what has happened. They would not remove channels without notice going out. (They would get into trouble for doing that). Its possible it has moved to the next level or gone digital (and you dont have a box to decode it).

Best bet is to call them.

Contributor

Oh... sure... stay on hold for 20 minutes and they won't have an answer.  I came on here searching for why they took G4 off my lineup last Fall and still list it on their site as channel 073... all these months later.  Why doesn't Comcast update these listings on their "What's on TV" site?

Cable Expert
JayInAlg

[ Edited ]

sigmund  The channel lineup I'm looking at for Ann Arbor is showing G4 on channel 73 and / or 162 on digital starter.  If you don't have digital starter and a digital set top box that's why your not receiving it. 

And for meechigan, Style channel in Ann Arbor is showing up on channel 68 and / or 118, again on digital starter.   The listing shows both channels, possibly because they are changing it's position.

If you were getting it on extended basic before, then they moved it to digital starter. Moving channels between tiers is common, and notifications are usually in your monthly statement.

Silver Problem Solver
commanguy

They could have it on both channels yet and both are digital. They do that in the Minneapolis area for National Geographic. It is on Channels 66 and 109; both digital.

New Visitor
Mojo1955

I live in CA, and noiticed the same thing, the style network channel is GONE! Disappeared!

I'm on hold with comcast now to find out more... will keep you posted!

Silver Problem Solver
commanguy

mojo1955

This thread started in 2010. Since then, just the past two weeks or so, Style Network has been re-branded as Esquire Channel.

Some of the programs from Style may be found on Bravo, E!, or Oxygen if they will be continued.

The old Style Network you are looking for is no longer in existance.