New Visitor
MikeyP83

Where is LOCAL ON THE 8s?

What has happened to the "Local on the 8s" portion of the weather channel? It is still there but is no longer location specific (i.e. it does not talk about the temp/weather etc where I am). Instead it gives an overview of the U.S. I want to again see and hear my weather where I am. Is this a Comcast decision or a Weather Channel decision? Whichever, it is a bad one.

Official Employee
ComcastTeds

Re: Where is LOCAL ON THE 8s?

MikeyP83 wrote:

What has happened to the "Local on the 8s" portion of the weather channel? It is still there but is no longer location specific (i.e. it does not talk about the temp/weather etc where I am). Instead it gives an overview of the U.S. I want to again see and hear my weather where I am. Is this a Comcast decision or a Weather Channel decision? Whichever, it is a bad one.

http://forums.comcast.com/t5/Channels-and-Programming/Weather-Channel-Local-Weather-on-the-8-s-Not-S...

Are you having this issue on the SD version of The Weather Channel? 

We are in the process of updating our areas with new Weather Channel equipment that will allow Local on the 8's to also be seen on the Weather Channel HD.

Many Comcast areas have this update already and our remaining areas are expected to have this update complete in early 2014.

Thanks for your patience.