New Visitor
LittleCrow

Why did I lose channels

I do not understand why I lost ION Channel and a few more. I did get the info that my bill is going up, but there was nothing in there about losing channels. If you need to remove channels selling channels, I hope someone can explain what is going on. Its is bad enough I can no longer watch the PBR. Thank you

Recognized Contributor

Re: Why did I lose channels

LittleCrow wrote:

I do not understand why I lost ION Channel and a few more. I did get the info that my bill is going up, but there was nothing in there about losing channels. If you need to remove channels selling channels, I hope someone can explain what is going on. Its is bad enough I can no longer watch the PBR. Thank you

What market area do you subscribe to service in?

What Comcast service level do you subscribe to?

Although ION goes to great pains to conceal the fact, it actually is an Over-the-Air Broadcast Station network.  In many markets, ION gets onto cable systems by asserting its legal rights under the FCC's "Must Carry" regulations.

I wonder if the local station in your market which had carried ION Television has dropped the network?  As an Over-the-Air local station, it would be included in Limited Basic service, so it's unlikely that it was "bumped" to a higher service tier.

Is the channel which carried ION, now displaying something else?  Maybe the local Broadcast Station which dropped their ION affiliation is still on Comcast, but the station's programming would be different because that is what that local station is now broadcasting over-the-air. 

New Visitor
LittleCrow

I get Extended Basic, in OH, near St. Clairsville. I did have the channel last week, but I no longer have the channel and I have tried on Tues.

Silver Problem Solver
commanguy

What channel did ION show up on in the past? Does a different station show up in the ION spot now like Explorer2008 asked?

Also how many other channels have you lost?

New Visitor
LittleCrow

ION was on 124, and there are a few other near that area I used to get but don't remember there numbers, and I now  longer get them.

Silver Problem Solver
commanguy

What cable box do you have?

When you manually enter channel 124 does it skip over it or do you get any sort of message?

Contributor

My computer has a TV card and it is hooked to the Comcast Xfinity network.  Before all of the changes and skyrocketing fees, I was able to view any tv cable channel on my computer.  Now, I can't.  WHY???

Silver Problem Solver
commanguy

Does the TV card have a cable card installed? If so the card may need re-pairing. Call this number for the CableCard support line 877-405-2298

Contributor

CommandGuy........

Not sure about the 'cable card'......but if the cable stations worked before the Xfinity name change and boxes, it should work now.  I'll give the number a call and see what I can find out.

Thank you

Silver Problem Solver
commanguy

cablepoor.

There are reports of the cards losing pairing at times.

Also I thought you were the original poster but no real harm done.

Good luck to you.

Bronze Problem Solver
edpeters

cablepoor wrote:

CommandGuy........

Not sure about the 'cable card'......but if the cable stations worked before the Xfinity name change and boxes, it should work now.  I'll give the number a call and see what I can find out.

Thank you

Not sure what you have for a PC TV tuner, but I normally lose my HDHomeRun PRIME "Digital Starter" stations about once every two months which requires a box - reset and a CableCard - reset, to bring everything back to normal.

Silver Problem Solver
commanguy

edpeters wrote

Not sure what you have for a PC TV tuner, but I normally lose my HDHomeRun PRIME "Digital Starter" stations about once every two months which requires a box - reset and a CableCard - reset, to bring everything back to normal.

Ed,

Not good. Do they ever give you a reason why? (yeah, I know pipe dream but had to ask). That seems a tad on the insane side. But thanks for the information.