Visitor

Why isn't the History Channel's "The Bible" playing during a prime time slot?

[ Edited ]

I would like to see the 10 hour "The Bible" miniseries by Mark Burnett, the producer of Survivor.  On the March 3 schedule it is only showing starting at 10:00 pm, which is too late for kids.  Can't you have it shown during primetime?

Official Employee
ComcastNick

Re: Why isn't the History Channel's "The Bible" playing during a prime time

Comcast has no control over when a program is broadcast.  This is something you would have to communicate to the History Channel.

Comcast Nick
APSC Supervisor
Bronze Problem Solver
barbie123

That's what a DVR or On Demand is for. Maybe even an old VCR?

Service Expert
Queen-Evie

In the 10pm time slot here the episode is a repeat of the one that aired at 7pm.

Please look at your listings and see if it is shown earlier for you. It will also be repeated several times during the next week.

Comcast employees must be authorized to post in the forum in an official capacity. Employees posting here have their names in red and are designated as employees. Names not in red are customers.

This is done to protect customers and for assurance that they are dealing with a Comcast employee.
Non-Authorized Employees are allowed to post but cannot state they are employees nor can they allude to being employees.

Contributor

IT is messed up on the Comcast TV guide.  Look at the TV Guide channel, using your zip code, and you will find it will be on at 6pm to 8pm.

Contributor

wrong answer.  It is Comcast scheduling that is screwed up, as usual.  Fix the wrong schedule.  Get a good provider and stop giving us 3rd world quality.

New Visitor
jordanhinckley

This was a problem I am having too. It is billed as much earlier but when I turn it on at 8 it is 2 hours later to start. Other providers ahve it in the right slot, why can't Comcast? Why should I have to buy a DVR or get the extra service to watch the TV show when it is supposed to air, not just 2 hours later?

Recognized Contributor
SanDiegoInExile

The only option that Comcast has is an East Coast feed and a West Coast feed.  As others have correctly noted, Comcast does not schedule when any program airs.  The cable/broadcast networks do that.

If you live in the Eastern Time Zone, you should be getting the Eastern feed.  If you live in the Pacific Time Zone, you most likely get the PT feed.  I know that there are a few channels that have a single feed, and all the times are based on ET. There used to be a lot of ET-only feeds, but that has mostly gone away. 

Most likely you don't live on either coast and that could be part of the confusion, especially if you are in the Mountain Time Zone or Arizona.  The mountain zone sometimes gets the ET feed, which means shows start way early (primetime 6PM-859PM local time = 8PM-1159PM ET). I have family who reside in AZ and they hate the 4 months of non-daylight-savings-time, because they get super-late programming (primetime 9PM-1159PM local time = 8PM-1059PM PT), as the cable company there uses the PT feed.

Regardless, History (it's no longer called The History Channel -- not since 2008) will doubtless rerun their dramatization of the world's most popular fiction/fable endlessly for weeks to come.  And it should be on-demand for all to watch.

Contributor

Your answer is hogwash.  I fouond out from TV Guide that it was on locally at 6pm.  Your stupid guide had it listed  for 10pm with somethiing else listed for 6.  This takes into account that I am logged in with my own zip code and the proper version of Comcast.

Do your job and fix the Comcast TV guide.

Silver Problem Solver
commanguy

davyboy

Just to clarify one thing. The only Comcast employee that has replied here so far is ComcastNick whose username was in Red.

Everyone else, myself included, has been a fellow customer who has answered so far.

So SanDiegoExile can't do much to fix the guide.

The guide software comes from ROVI, who bought out TVGuide. I can't explain why we can check out TV Guide online or Zap2It.com and get accurate information but that has been a ongoing issue at times.

Official Employee
ComcastTeds

dan_wegh wrote:

I would like to see the 10 hour "The Bible" miniseries by Mark Burnett, the producer of Survivor.  On the March 3 schedule it is only showing starting at 10:00 pm, which is too late for kids.  Can't you have it shown during primetime?

The program The Bible is on History with new shows premiering Sundays at 8pm (7pm Central time). The program also repeats many times throughout the week.

Details at the History link below.

http://www.history.com/shows/the-bible

Episodes are also available at no additional charge on XFINITY On Demand so you can watch episodes  anytime.

If there is an issue with the guide listings for this program being inaccurate, please let me know your city and state, whether this is occurring on the HD or SD channel and if this is an issue with our on-screen guide, online guide or via the XFINITY TV App.

Thanks!  

Official Employee
ComcastTeds

Why can't I find the The Bible Mini Series on deman