Contributor

Why no alphabetical listing of channels?!!

How on earth is anyone supposed to find the channel NUMBER of a channel they want to watch when they are listed numerically instead of alphabetically? How stupid can Comcast get?

I called them and asked if they carried the Velocity channel and told them it was ridiculous to have to look thru 900 channels to find out anything. She was gone for a few minutes and finally answered that she went thru their listings three times and couldn't find it. She said they did NOT carry that channel. But guess what? They DO carry it!. I finally found it myself. But the program I wanted to see had ended by then.

The internet is loaded with complaints about this subject but I've never seen any here - until now.

U-Verse, here I come!!    

Silver Problem Solver
rog286713

Re: Why no alphabetical listing of channels?!!

I don't think anyone has listings alphabetically.   if that were the case your guide would look like

You can easily to a search for a show if you know the name or look online to see what your channel line up is. Link posted below.  Most things like this have easy solutions you just have to know where to look. 

http://www.comcast.com/programming/channellineup/all.html

Contributor

Your reply makes no sense re an answer to my question

You used to HAVE an option in your channel-lineups where the channels could be listed alphabetically. Why did you eliminate it????

Bronze Star Contributor
TurnerBrewer

Jackdog10 - Comcast currently has one of the worst user interfaces among TV providers.  Even their new X1 Guide is severely crippled.  I have been a Comcast TV customer only for 5 months. Never subscribed to their TV service before then.  Always used Dish or DirecTv.  Within the first day of being subjected to the I-Guide - I ordered a TIVO receiver.  TIVO allows one to customize the guide in so many great ways. It even allows you to list channels in alphabetical order, and delete the ones that you do not want.  RIght now I could not recommend Comcast TV to anyone coming from another provider.  I love Comcast Internet, but the TV interface is 15 years behind everyone else.

Contributor

Turner-Brewer...I couldn't agree more. I'm not even sure they fully understand my question. 

Silver Problem Solver
commanguy

jackdog

rog is just another customer like all of us that have answered here so far. The forums are mainly customer to customer. And I don't think Comcast, or the software writer of the guide, would have considered that a needed function.

Service Expert
Queen-Evie

[ Edited ]

You can set the ONLINE listings to display alphabetically. This is an option you can use when you want to find out the channel number of a specific network.

As for ON SCREEN guide listings, other cable companies must be stupid also. I know at least one which doesn't have alphabetical listings.

Comcast employees must be authorized to post in the forum in an official capacity. Employees posting here have their names in red and are designated as employees. Names not in red are customers.

This is done to protect customers and for assurance that they are dealing with a Comcast employee.
Non-Authorized Employees are allowed to post but cannot state they are employees nor can they allude to being employees.

Contributor

Queen-Evie; HOW do you set the online listings to be alphabetical? I've tried several times and had no luck.

Gold Problem Solver
BruceW

Jackdog10 wrote: ... HOW do you set the online listings to be alphabetical? ...

Click "Customize Listings" and change the "Channel Order" option from "Channel Number" to "A-Z".

Contributor

BruceW, MANY THANX!  Maybe someone from Comcast will accidentally "stumble" onto these forums and read your post. The "support" people I talked to sure didn't know about it.