New Visitor

comcast dropping channels from lineup without reducing customer prices

In Jan., Comcast suddenly dropped 2 of the Showtime channels, one of which is Showtime Women.  We have been receiving Showtime for over a year, and this was our favorite of their channels.  Customers are never asked before Comcast Corporate takes these unilateral actions, nor do they explain the reasoning for them, nor do they reduce the amount they charge customers.

Also, Comcast has now suddenly begun charging for a 2nd digital adaptor, required to receive signals.  It has been free for all this time, but now Comcast hopes we won't notice or complain about the extra $1.99 on our bill every month.  Another self-serving corporate decision.  Isn't Comcast making enough record profits already?  How much greed is enough?

New Visitor
Grapost

Re: comcast dropping channels from lineup without reducing customer prices

The service agreement your sign when you first get service gives them the right to change chanel lineups, channel tiers, and prices whenever they want to.

Visitor
twgowls

Re: comcast dropping channels from lineup

Has Comcast dropped the CW network from the Bluefield, WV Limited Basic service?  I have not been able to watch channel 10 for over 2 weeks.  If I go to channel 10, it is only 'snow'.  I am missing "Nikita", 'Arrow' and 'Supernatural'. They are my favorite shows on the CW.  If you have dropped channel 10, what are the 13 channels I am paying for in Limited Basic?

New Visitor
jedwhite

"Less for More ..." that's our motto :smileyhappy:

Contributor
Flipper42

Regarding "Service agreement, and without my filtering through my records thereof, is this shown on the comcast website?

I subscribed to the 3-play just to get away from landline expenses and tried bundleing of a cable servive. Cost has now surpassed the landline service bundleing and the mediocraty of tv programming is legendary. So options are being explored again and I want to reread that agreement.

Any tips to get there on the website?

Silver Problem Solver
commanguy

flipper42

Try this link once.

http://www.comcast.com/wifi/ComcastWiFiTerms.html

Other wise do a search on the Comcast.com site

That link came up for me.

Contributor
Flipper42

Thank you

Visitor
twgowls

Comcast doesn't look at these every often, but what else do you expect from a corporation that does not care about its customers.  Some of these posts have been here a long time but where are the replies?  The only one I saw said look at your contract.  That is pretty lame.

Silver Problem Solver
commanguy

twgowls

Apologies for the lame response. But since the forums are mainly a customer to customer help forum with limited monitoring by Comcast, as you noticed, all we can do is provide links and information.

Best a fellow customer can do. And since Comcast has limited interaction here we need to help each other.

Contributor
Flipper42

I think that is a poor indicator of the customer servive provided by comcast. It projects an image of a completely self indulgent company. Marketing classes still promote "Customer Satisfaction" as a driving force to improvement. That would mean comcast using this forum or it's ilk, as a form of "Feedback" to that end.

Arrogance will not allow that though, and history will speak to that like an election does.

Recognized Contributor

twgowls wrote:

Has Comcast dropped the CW network from the Bluefield, WV Limited Basic service?  I have not been able to watch channel 10 for over 2 weeks.  If I go to channel 10, it is only 'snow'.  I am missing "Nikita", 'Arrow' and 'Supernatural'. They are my favorite shows on the CW.  If you have dropped channel 10, what are the 13 channels I am paying for in Limited Basic?

Are you plugging your cable directly into the back of your television set?  If so, it sounds like Channel 10 has been "migrated" from analog to digital-only.  Nationwide, Comcast has been gradually eliminating channels offered in analog format (an initiative internally called "Project Cavalry" and externally as the "World of More").

You may need to go to your local Comcast office and get a DTA or a set-top box in order to view Channel 10, and any other channels in your Limited Basic lineup which are now provided in digital-only.  Don't fret, your local over-the-air channels are still part of Limited Basic, and in all likelihood, you may receive a few more channels (subchannels of these local stations).

The main drawback to these digital boxes, unfortunately, is they render totally obsolete the internal "cable-ready" tuners of tens of millions of pre-2007 television receivers and VCRs.  For what it's worth, however, on your Standard Definition television, the picture quality may be slightly better than what you've become accustomed to on analog cable.

Contributor
Flipper42

Yes, they do whatever improves they're balance sheet. Customer service is never an issue but I'm taking one with this notice. Discontinuance of the "OVERPRICED MEDIOCRITY." There are other options out there and I have compared notes with those who have already cut this ridiculous setup.

G'day

Visitor
twgowls

Sorry commanguy about the "lame" reply.  I thought the response was from Comcast.

Silver Problem Solver
commanguy

twgowls

No harm. It would be nice if Comcast had more of a presence here on questions like this.

New Visitor
A-Bit-Miffed

1.  The list for Digital Preferred for our address does NOT match what we are actually getting.

2.  Used to get many of those channels, but not now, they are not available.  Little by little they were dropped here and there over the years.

3.  Our original sign up was for Digitial Classic Package w/ HBO (plus a limited cable charge).  We have not changed anything since signing up.

4.  So, I want to know WHY we can't get what we used to get?

5.  Why are you advertising that we get those channels when we don't???

Silver Problem Solver
commanguy

A-Bit-Miffed

The forums are mainly a customer to customer help forum. Very little monitoring by Comcast employees nowadays.

We have no way to answer your questions. The chance of a Comcast employee seeing them are slim.

Try sending a email to

We_can_help@cable.comcast.com

Include:

full name

service address

phone number

account number

link to this thread

full details of the problems

You won't get a email repsonse from that team. They get your issue to a local person who should call you back. It may take a few days for this.

If a local office is nearby and handy you could go down there and ask them. They should also have updated paper copies of the channels for each package offered in your area. The website sometimes is not always up to date.

Just to ask do any of the other tiers match to the actual channels you get? Since Comcast probably no longer offers that actual package it may  be called something else. For me the old Expanded Basic for Time Warner became Digital Starter under Comcast. I am in a area that changed hands a few years ago.

Official Employee
ComcastTeds

New Visitor
mommmyx4kid

So true. Let me know what you come up with. Cell phone service isnt far behind Comcast's "Slowly starve the Customer and watch 'em stay for more" because they think theres no other source out there & they have no other option, because COMCAST says its the best.

New Visitor
lindatang

My favorite news station is NECN . I watch the weather and news, without all the junk from the other channel. PLEASE do not drop channel 6 NESN news and weather.

lindatang

New Visitor
northplainfield

What choice do you have they make the rules and you have to sign it to get the original service.   Laws need to be made to control them.

Official Employee
ComcastTeds

Official Employee
ComcastTeds