New Visitor
zendawg
Accepted Solution

fox sports 1

Can anyone tell me if Comcast is going to carry the new Fox Sports 1 channel?  I can't get a straight answer from anyone!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Contributor
eb684

Re: fox sports 1

Speed Channel will switch to fox sports 1 when it goes live.
New Visitor
jells

It has already swapped on mine from speed to fs1, now I want to know where my sped channel went :smileysad:

Silver Problem Solver
commanguy

Speed channel is being replaced by Fox Sports 1. Speed Channel as is was is pretty much going away. Fox made that decision.

More information here

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Speed_(TV_channel)

Recognized Contributor

really what are they showing?

Contributor
jbetzel

TO WHOM IT MAY CONCERN!!!!!!
  YOUR choice to replace The SPEED channel with
Fox 1,  how should I put this,   SUCKS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
SPEED is one of the few channels that I watch.  I am tired
of nothing but commercials and reruns.  Even "America's Got Talent"
4 days a week is poor.  No wonder their ratings are dropping.  Everyone
that I talk to feels the same way.  The original intent of cable was to pay
for uninterrupted tv programming.  Now we all get is commercials and garbage
programs and reruns.   And we pay a small fortune for it (and every time I turn
around Xfinity figures a way to charge more).
  Now you pull one of the only channels that I enjoy.  
   TIME FOR A CHANGE

New Visitor

We are a NASCAR crazy family, and I was just gonna post how upset I was about the replacement fo SPEED with FoxSports 1, until I read this blurb in wikipedia:                                                                  

"On March 5, 2013, Fox News Corporation announced that Speed will be relaunched as Fox Sports 1 on August 17, 2013, focusing on a broader array of sports programming (including some motorsports events) than those currently seen on Speed. However, due to required contractual changes associated with the relaunch, Fox will temporarily continue to distribute a version of Speed (with no live programming) in order to fulfill existing contracts with any U.S. television providers that have not yet agreed to terms for Fox Sports 1. A different version of Speed, which will continue to air live motorsports programming, will be distributed in Canada, where FS1 will not be available."

New Visitor

When speed goes away, so will my association with Comcast. Why would you take away a great racing channel? Fox lies about everything else they do, why would I believe their sports people??

Bronze Problem Solver
edpeters

Terry6969 wrote:

When speed goes away, so will my association with Comcast. Why would you take away a great racing channel? Fox lies about everything else they do, why would I believe their sports people??

OK, are you upset with Comcast because they allowed Speed to be morphed into Fox Sports 1, or Fox for having a better package than Speed?  Let's face it, Speed has been losing out in the racing venue for quite a while, and Formula 1 going to another channel was a major blow.  I look forward to a better sports line-up on Fox Sports 1 beginning tomorrow.  YMMV