New Visitor
frannie48

removal of channel 5 TBS from basic line-up

Just want to voice my dismay over taking channel 5 (TBS) out of basic channel lineup.  Don't recall ever seeing notice that this would happen.

New Visitor
gilfev

Re: removal of channel 5 TBS from basic line-up

Agreed ????  What happened to TBS in the Basic Cable Line Up ????

First I lost 36 Channels when we implemented the Digital Converters ...  Saying that I was getting those channels in ERROR ???    Now you just Arbitrarily remove TBS from the Basic Cable line up ??   Let me ask You ...  "WILL I SEE A REDUCTION IN MY BILL ??????"

This is how you treat your customers ??  WONDERFUL !!!!!!!!!!!

Recognized Contributor
SanDiegoInExile

Re: removal of channel 5 TBS from basic line-up

It seems pretty universal in the Comcast world that TBS/TNT are no longer part of "basic" cable.  Basic in my area is roughly 20 cable channels, the locals, the shopping stations (who pay Comcast to carry them), and the god channels.

You may want to check your on-demand selections.  I was able to watch TBS/TNT programs on-demand, even though they were not part of my Basic Plan.  All the TBS original programs were available, as were some of the off-network reruns

And watch your mail.  A couple months after I downgraded to basic, I got an offer to upgrade back to the mid-tier for just $20 more a month, with no contract and 24-month price guarantee.   It was a no-brainer to add 150+ channels for that amount.