New Visitor
TheSquirt
Accepted Solution

xfinity advertisement for MeTV

Recently, I have seen several commercials for MeTv on channel 249 on xfinity TV, but there is nothing on channel 249 and I can't find anything listed for that channel number. Why would I see commercials for something that is not available to me?

Cable Expert
JayInAlg

Re: xfinity advertisement for MeTV

Start by posting your location.

Silver Problem Solver
rog286713

also what package do you have?  249 is an upper level channel that is only available to those who pay for an upper tier service

Silver Problem Solver
commanguy

We get MeTV on 209 in my market on Limited Basic service.

Cable Expert
JayInAlg

We still haven't heard where the OP lives since every cable system and lineup is different.

New Visitor
TheSquirt

Sorry... this my first post. I live in Winslow Twp., NJ... Comcast Turnersville is my supplier. I have an HD Box and service and channels into the 800s and I get channels 250 and 252 on all of my cable boxes.

Thanks!

Official Employee
ComcastTeds

[ Edited ]

TheSquirt wrote:

Sorry... This my first post. I live in Winslow Twp., NJ... Comcast Turnersville is my supplier. I have an HD Box and service and channels into the 800s and I get channels 250 and 252 on all of my cable boxes.

Thanks!

Do you recall where you may have seen these commercials for Me-TV (what channels you were watching when the commercial ran)?

I looked at the channel lineup for your area and I don't see Me-TV (or any channel) listed as an option on channel 249. Me-TV in the Philadelphia area is a sub-channel of broadcaster WFMZ in Allentown, PA which also is not offered in your area of NJ.

I am looking into this further but my initial theory is that the commercial you saw may be running in the wrong Comcast area.  If that is the case, we will get that corrected.

New Visitor
TheSquirt

Not sure... it was either TNT, Hallmark, or TVLand. It just started showing over the weekend.

Official Employee
ComcastTeds

TheSquirt wrote:

Not sure... it was either TNT, Hallmark, or TVLand. It just started showing over the weekend.

Thanks - that will help to track this down, appreciate the quick response.

Official Employee
ComcastTeds

TheSquirt wrote:

Thanks again. As I suspected, this was an inadvertent advertising placement of a a commercial from WFMZ-TV in Allentown, PA that was mistakenly trafficked in your area of New Jersey.

The team is working on getting that corrected now, thanks for bringing this to our attention.   

New Visitor
TheSquirt

Thanks for clearing that up. When I first saw it I thought it was a mistake, but when it repeated several times, I got hopeful. Any idea when this or DogTV will be added to our line up?

Recognized Contributor
medziatkowicz

here is some information about dogtv

Where can I get DOGTV?

DOGTV is currently available in San Diego on COX (channel 2635) and Time Warner (channel 148).

In addition, DOGTV is gearing up for its nationwide launch. If you want to know exactly when is DOGTV coming to your cable/satellite provider, please subscribe to our mailing list , and we will send you subscription information as soon as it becomes available.

How much will DOGTV cost?

DOGTV is a pay channel. The monthly cost is approx $4.99/month (or $9.99 for the online streaming service)

Official Employee
ComcastTeds

[ Edited ]

TheSquirt wrote:

Thanks for clearing that up. When I first saw it I thought it was a mistake, but when it repeated several times, I got hopeful. Any idea when this or DogTV will be added to our line up?

Me-TV is not a cable channel per-se, but rather offered as a sub-channel from a local broadcast TV station. WFMZ-TV in Allentown, PA offers ME-TV on it's subchannel and subsequently on certain Comcast cable systems where we have an agreement to offer WFMZ. .

There is no local broadcast TV station in your area currently offering Me-TV so it can't be offered on Comcast in your area of New Jersey. That situation may change in the future.

There is some good information on Me-TV on their website and at wikipedia.

http://metvnetwork.com/

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Me-TV

I'm not familiar with DOG TV, thanks for posting the information.

New Visitor
mofo80503

On Comcast in the Denver area (Longmont), we get the channel on 250 rather than 249.

My ex gets it over the air for free here as well.

I pay for some "Upper Level" channels but I'm not sure if this is one of those.