Visitor
jtstgermain

Accidenatal Username Change

So I accidentally changed a secondary account's username thinking it would only change the login and not the email. I want to change it back because there are alot of people trying to eamial that email and also all my accounts on other sites are set up to that email. I am aware that it has some sort of 30-90 day time lock which is why I cant switch it. Unfortunately phone support was unable to help me. However not long ago I read a post on this forum by someone who had my issue and a moderator was able to help him out, which is why I am posting here now. I really hope someone can help with this its been making life kind of difficult.

Official Employee
ComcastJoe

Re: Accidenatal Username Change

jtstgermain wrote:

So I accidentally changed a secondary account's username thinking it would only change the login and not the email. I want to change it back because there are alot of people trying to eamial that email and also all my accounts on other sites are set up to that email. I am aware that it has some sort of 30-90 day time lock which is why I cant switch it. Unfortunately phone support was unable to help me. However not long ago I read a post on this forum by someone who had my issue and a moderator was able to help him out, which is why I am posting here now. I really hope someone can help with this its been making life kind of difficult.

Please private message me the e-mail address that you want back so I can further assist you.

Thanks,
Joe
XfinityTV.com/Xfinity.com Support
Twitter: @XfinityTVJoe

Official Employee
ComcastJoe

So I got your private message but I don't see any accounts open under that name.

What is the error message that you are getting when trying to create an account with your old name?

Thanks,
Joe

Visitor
jtstgermain

Its when i go  to change my username, not create one. The  one I used to have was the one I gave you. Anyway when i go to change it now the first message i get is:

The user name that you have selected is available. This change will take effect immediately. You will not be able to change your new user name back to your current user name. Your user name change may affect the following:

Email messages in your Comcast High Speed Internet mailbox [?]

Your current email client application [?]

Your current Comcast email settings [?]

Personal web pages associated with your current user name [?]

Are you sure you want to save the change to the user name?

After that I click save changes and then it tells me:

The user name you have selected is already in use. Please enter a different user name and try again.
Visitor
jtstgermain

any luck?

Official Employee
ComcastJoe

jtstgermain wrote:

any luck?

Our team is looking into it. I will update you when I learn more.

In the meantime, do you remember the thread you saw this problem in originally? If you remember anything about it, please let me know. I would like to see what moderator fixed this problem and collaborate on how they did it so there can be a smoother process in the future.

Thanks,
Joe

Visitor
jtstgermain

Unfortunately i cant find it, I just remembering him say there was a 30-90 day lock on the that account name, which he removed and switched.

New Visitor
tssblue

Did you ever get this problem fixed, because I did the same thing last night.

New Visitor
dawn19

i also accidently changed it, not realizing it would change the email address.  immediately i tried changing it back, it would not.

Email Expert
CCCarole

Call 1-800 Comcast and tell them you accidentally changed your username.  They should be able to give it back to you unless too much time has past.

Need Email Help? Please post the following information in your post.
Do you use XfinityConnect? The Full or Lite version?
Do you use an email client? Which one? (Eg; Windows Live mail, Outlook, a smartphone etc.)
Which browser/version do you use? And- have you cleared your browser cache?
Which operating system? XP, Vista, Windows 7, Mac OS X
Details of the problem you are having.

New Visitor
vbitenas

I have called and chatted 3 Comcast representatives and none of them have been able to help me with this issue. They have all said I need to wait out a 30-60 day period after which I can attempt to re-create my former username. They can't even provide me with an exact day I should try, instead I have to gamble with this large window of time. I'm extremely frustrated that I made a mistake (not knowing that a username change would alter my email) and noone can help me. Instead I have to hope that in 30-60 days, noone has grabbed my email that I have had for 10 years.

Email Expert
CCCarole

I have escalated this to the Avdministrator

Need Email Help? Please post the following information in your post.
Do you use XfinityConnect? The Full or Lite version?
Do you use an email client? Which one? (Eg; Windows Live mail, Outlook, a smartphone etc.)
Which browser/version do you use? And- have you cleared your browser cache?
Which operating system? XP, Vista, Windows 7, Mac OS X
Details of the problem you are having.

New Visitor

hi

i was wondering if anyone had any luck of chnaging it back i to have changed the username my old one was alien970 and changed it to another and now lost all my emails could someone help me in order to get the old username back on the account

thanks