New Visitor
HasQuestions101

Constantly Being Logged Out

I logged in today to pay my (eco)bill, filled out my payment information, clicked "next" and nothing happened. I hit the cancel button and it logged me out. I logged in again only to be automatically logged out when I clicked on the "pay bill" link (couldn't even get to the payment info page). I logged back in and clicked cancel on the ecobill pop-up, only to be logged out, again. I sign back in and click on the "view statement" link only to be logged out, again. I called Comcast and 45 minutes later (yes, you read the number right), was told that they weren't sure what was going on and that their system would need to reset itself (so they signed me up for paper bill instead of ecobill). This of course is after I've explained to the first csr that I received my ecobill on 08/16/12 only to log in today, 08/21/12, and see that my bill was due on 08/14/12. What? My bill was due before you actually sent me the bill? How does that work? Not to mention the first csr telling me that her records show my bill is due on the 11th of each month...Really? What the heck is going on with Comcast? Did I mention I was on the phone for 45 minutes with 2 csr's and got no solution? I'm frustrated. Has anyone else had this issue?

Bronze Problem Solver
Paraniod

A Glitch Or Just Me

When logging on to my account, going to "Account and Bill", scrolling down to "Manage Xfinity Voice", clicking on "Xfinity Voice settings" logs me out and delivers me back to the home page.

Logged in as Primary user, tried with IE9 and Firefox.

Official Employee
ComcastEric

Re: A Glitch Or Just Me

Thanks for reporting this.  I just tested and the same thing happened for me.  We're looking into it.

Eric

Bronze Problem Solver
Paraniod

Thanks Eric..:smileywink:

Bronze Problem Solver
Paraniod

[ Edited ]

Fixed..!

New Visitor
wqesdfsdfwesdf

[ Edited ]

Still not fixed for me. I can't get to any part of my account.

Whenever I sign i, it throws me to an ad page (ironically about how easy it is to manage your account) but I'm still not signed it. Just an endless loop.

Update: oops, just saw how old this post is...anyway, I'm having the same problem today as you were last year.

New Visitor
Krazjoka

Same for me. Endless loop sending me back to login screen.

New Visitor
Deraj1420

Same problem for me.

New Visitor
ey21372137

Re: Constantly Being Logged Out

Same for me

New Visitor
e36m3

This problem is back again!! When I try to login to bill pay, it asks me to confirm my email address. I do then it kicks me out. I cannot check my email either because it says i dont have a highspeed internet account with xfinity... which i do. It is an endless loop of logining in and being kicked off.

I just want to pay my bill!!! I can only pay online as I am currently on an overseas asignment. Help Please!

Contributor
ctv_cm0nyGo

[ Edited ]

I cannot log in again, it kicks me out after asking for email comfirmation >: it's once again an endless loop!

*Nevermind, somehow my husbands name ended up on my email account not sure how but when I finally got in far enough to notice it and fix it I could then pay my bill

**Moderator please delete this reply

New Visitor
maverick447

Has this been escalated and is there a tracking number to resolve this ? 

Ive been on the phone twice for hours to no avail.

Why doesnt Comcast understand this problem and want to transfer me to tech service ? 

Contributor
Fuzzinator

Same thing happens to me on the 'My Account' page.

Yet logging in here to the forums works just fine.

New Visitor
deedle7

Having this issue now, it's fairly annoying bad enough part of my "package" comes with streaming and the streaming sucks and never works, but I can't even pay my Bill?

New Visitor
briand_888888

This problem appears to be back.  

I can log in to  xfinity.comcast.net just fine, but as soon as I click on ANY link related to "My Account", I get logged out and kicked back to the login.comcast.net screen.

From here... forums.comcast.com.  I'm logged in.  I click on My Account and I'm taken to customer.comcast.com (not logged in).  So I click on Sign In, and my browser jumps from customer.comcast.com to login.comcast.net where I'm given the username/password screen.  I enter my same info, and click on Sign In, then it spins its wheels and spits me back out on customer.comcast.com (not logged in).

Not so easy to manage my account is it, when the system doesn't actually let me log in to my own account??

Not to mention I could previously access everything about my account EXCEPT for my bill details because I didn't have some PIN number that was never sent to me.  So I request my PIN.  I finally receive it in the mail, and now I cannot even log in.  WTH?  What is so important about bill details that requires a PIN?  I could sign up for extra services, change my existing services, read my comcast email, do pretty much everything possible except see the details of my bill WITHOUT the PIN.  In what world does that make sense?

Every paper bill I get is for the wrong amount, and has extra charges on it that nobody ever told me I would be charged.

New Visitor
markrosario1336

This has been happening on and off for months and, been happening to me all morning, I was able to acess limited account info via the Xfinity app on my android device, made a payment, but still unable to log in via the web.

I got on a customer sevice chat to report the issue but all they did was reset my password even though I told them the password was fine, ofcourse that didn't fix it, I asked them to check if she sees the payment I made via the app and she didn't.... so frustrating.

I called comcast and used option 1 to check the payment in the "IVR" and it told me the payment was pending.

It's beyond me that the online feature has been an issue for so long, you would think that getting a online payment system restored for their customers would be a priority. 

Time to look for new service

New Visitor
captag

Same problem.  what is the solution?

Contributor
ctv_cm0nyGo

Well, it happened to me again last month, and finally when I still could not log into my account to pay my bill, but when I got on customer sevice chat help, (Someone named Geover helped me) I have the transcripts.

When I had to resort to paying my bill thru the chat with my credit card Geover said "There is a one-time payment of $5.99 but no worries, I will wave that fee for you."

Surprise surprise.. It was not waved because I see it on this month's bill as a "Convenience Fee" from August 15th! WTH?

I suppose it'll be an hour on the phone to get that $5.99 returned to me. >:

Contributor
ctv_cm0nyGo

maverick447 wrote:

Has this been escalated and is there a tracking number to resolve this ? 

Ive been on the phone twice for hours to no avail.

Why doesnt Comcast understand this problem and want to transfer me to tech service ? 

Because they want you to use the online customer service chat, and then they will tell you to use your credit card to pay thru the chat, and even though they also say they won't charge you, they still WILL charge you the $5.99 "Convenience fee"

Aren't they just grand??

Cable Expert
i-am-nerdburg

This is a placeholder for a post that was moved to a secure location because it violates the forum guidelines (duplicate post). http://forums.comcast.com/t5/Forum-Guidelines/Posting-Guidelines/td-p/866289

Contributor
curiousdude

This happens to me too A LOT... I'm logged in, watching a movie, etc on watch online.. and then every time I click back on my account. I'm logged off again. 

It is extremely annoying that I have to keep typing my password again and again. Fyi: I also checked the box that says "keep me logged in". 

Another annoying thing is, when I'm watching a series, I click on tv to watch the next episode... I get logged out again, and have to type my pw username etc.. again.. it keeps on doing this.. extremely annoying. How can I fix this? or is this on comast end? 

Regular Contributor
wcwithers

This has now been fixed as the tech had to purge out my extra login that i put in as a gmail account. If anyone else used gmail as there extra login to retrive a password etc then that has to be purged out to get back into your account. tech said they are working on a fix but for now u can not use a gmail account as extra.

Billy2423
New Visitor
gtinari

I'm having the exact same problem. It's been going on for over a week. I simply can't login to any part of the "My Account" section without being logged out and/or kicked back to comcast.net.

Contributor
thephonedude

Re: Constantly Being Logged Out when selecting my account

[ Edited ]

I used 5 different browsers, while testing with CSR's,

Internet Exploder , Google Chromed, Opera, and FireFox, on XP Professional

Also tested via Dolphin via android jelly bean on a Samsung Galaxy S2.

Last tier 3 tech told me that it will always kick out to re-verify login while trying

to access account info, to reverify info, said to relogin...

I already tested that theory... one post on the user forum said to login 3 times

after it kicks you out and then use your browser back button...

No Joy!

However even though I cannot access account data I can:

1. Log into comcast email via web mail, from xfinitytv.com, access

new messages, cannot access 116 "old messages"

2. Can use comcast login to login to comcast help and support forums.

3. While logging in I receive splash page, says retrieving account information.

4. Next page displays my account info menu item.

5. Selecting my account menu item immediately redirects to new login page with

"comcast login force verification" in the redirection URL.

Last tech support call I was transferred up to tierof tech support.

I had already spoke to tier 2 support 3 times, they keep insisting is an on going

email outage thats been going on for ten days, (but I can login and recieve email)

A US tech support rep who said they were escalating ticket and transferring

Ownership to next level of support after checking account and asking basically

The same tech support questions....... Call was 2 and half hours long.

I was also given the standard .... "we will call you back in 24-48 hours"

This is the fourth time I've been told this over the last week... 

I have yet to ever receive a call back the next tier of tech support...

I also have noticed I no longer receive the customer service survey

calls after my calls even though I have opted in...

I'll keep you all posted ..... 

I have spent 12 hours plus this week on the phone with tech support...

Next I will use a linux live version of "Helix" to login

A forensic linux security operating system, "White Hat Tool" I think it uses Mozilla for a

browser...  

Best Regards,

Chris

thephonedude

Contributor
thephonedude

Billy

I asked about this with some CSR's, they claimed

I wasn't using a gmail address for my backup account,

However I do have a gmail account, and sometimes I have used

it for backup. so either they didn't know where to check or something

else is causing it for me... wish you had a contact name for the tech.

Best Regards,

Chris

thephonedude

New Visitor
nguyen3045

I'm having the same problem.

Mac and Win8

Doesn't matter what browser.

This is rediculous.

New Visitor
corbonjsmith

having same issue all day today, I know this seems like a minor issue but please fix this issue.

Contributor
thephonedude

MY problem is resolved,

after 16 plus hours on the phone...

I finally used an email address from this forum and got it fixed

we_can_help@cable.comcast.com

email them with your problem .... was the only thing that acomplished anything

Best Regards

Chris

thephonedude

Contributor

Same thing STILL happening! I am now using the Internet Explorer to be able to open read reply to emails. Google still looping!

Regular Contributor
wcwithers

need to tell the tech to purge out the gmail account that u use for extra. then do not use it again as this causes the loop.

Billy2423
New Visitor
diva2874

I literally can not log in to pay my bill. I have been paying my bill on line with comcast for YEARS and as recent as last month, and now all of a sudden when I put my username and password in, it takes them, tells me it's retrieving my info, and then kicks me back out to the sign in prompt again.  I did an online chat with a comcast rep to try and solve this issue, with NO success, AND I called and spent well over 30 min on the phone with a rep and it STILL is unresolved. I need to be able to log in to pay my bill!!!!!

Email Expert
CCCarole

Try this first:

Clar your cache

Try using a different browser

Reset your browser to the default settings

IF YOU ARE using Internet Exploer Version 10 or 11, enable Compatibility View under TOOLS on the browser toolbar.

If no joy, then the next step would be to send a detailed email to the We Can Help Team for assistance.

We_can_help@cable.comcast.com

Include all of the following in your email

full name

service address

phone number      

account number

link to this thread

full details of the problems

OR you can try Twitter too: 

https://twitter.com/ComcastCares 

Need Email Help? Please post the following information in your post.
Do you use XfinityConnect? The Full or Lite version?
Do you use an email client? Which one? (Eg; Windows Live mail, Outlook, a smartphone etc.)
Which browser/version do you use? And- have you cleared your browser cache?
Which operating system? XP, Vista, Windows 7, Mac OS X
Details of the problem you are having.

New Visitor
gtinari

My problem was fixed a while ago too. Apparently you can't use a Gmail email address as an alternate email. You'll have to call Comcast customer support and they'll remove it, and it's worked ever since. Must be some odd bug in the system.

New Visitor
golfer2ssr

might as well remove the check box for keepng logged in. def doesnt work.

New Visitor
lauriecurt

Really Comcast!? I log in. You log me out. Apparently you don't want my monthly payment?

Next I try to get hold of Customer Service. Nope that's not happening either. "Thank you for continuing to hold. Your account is important to us." Nope. Now you cut me off after waiting for 8 mins. 

I pay a lot for this, too. 

New Visitor
lauriecurt

That would be nice if I could get through to Customer Service. I called, stood on hold for 8 mins and then they unconnected me. 

So I can't log in. I can't call in. I'm started to feel unloved. 

New Visitor
lauriecurt

I've done all of these things. Still not working. 

New Visitor
tanialc

Tried Chrome, IE and Firefox. Everytime I try to log in it takes me back to the login screen to log in. What???!!!!!! Two days straight. Very frustrated!!!!

Regular Contributor

Yeah, the "keep me logged in" checkbox is pointless.

I get dropped every few minutes.  I read my email, leave it open on another tab,

I went to order something from amazon, needed an address (less than 3 minutes gone)

and had to sign in again to Comcast.

I am the only one who uses this laptop, why can't I stayed signed in to Comcast?

Someone please give me the secret to staying signed in, signing in every 5 minutes is annoying,

and a complete waste of time.

:womanlol::smileylaugh::catvery-happy:

I was logged out while looking at my message!  hahahahahaha

come on Comcast, you can do better.

Long time customer here.

Regular Contributor

I have also experienced what the two posters above me have experienced.

Long waits for telephone help, then hung up on.

Getting bumped out, making circular fill ins, over and over and over.

New Visitor
gailbutterfly

I think I'm having this same problem now. Whenever I try to go to my account, I get logged out and prompted to log in again. When I log in again, I'm stuck in a loading screen for a moment then redirected to the log-in page again. It's an endless loop of log-in. When I typed in an incorrect password I don't get the loop, it just says my password is wrong, so I know that it isn't that.

Regular Visitor
ananka

Like so many subscribers, I am also constantly being logged out. When not disconnected by 'Customer Service,' I am told I must change my password. This is a joke; it does not work, despite what 'they' say. No one in tech support apparently knows what to do to assist, or why this is happening. I am frustrated, and tired of people who lack the ability to make corrections. It seems I spend more time: 1. waiting for assistance, 2. getting connected, being disconnected, 3. receiving an escalated ticket number, as the technician does not comprehend what to do (which, surprise, is a non-existent number!), after all.

What is going on? The is absolutely no way to reach the main Corporate Office in Philadelphia. My letters are returned stamped to 'Contact Your Local Comcast Service Center.'

ananka

7/15/2014

New Visitor
JeffTurns

I am trying to sign up for ecobill and whenever I try to accept the terms of service under "My Account" I get bumped to a screen that says I have successfully logged out.  I've been disconnected twice by customer service when I've tried to call.  If I don't get an answer soon, it may be time to try DirecTV or AT & T.

New Visitor
Nyythurm15

Everytime I try and login, it says getting account information, then sends me right back to Login screen.. I can't see my account information, or pay my bill...What is happening with Website.. Customer Service was no help...Please advise ASAP

Contributor
fcummingsdc

ERIC -

IF YOU'VE BEEN "WORKIG ON THIS" SINCE AUG 21, WHY NOT PROGRESS?  DOESN'T CPMCAST CARE WHETHER ITS BILLS ARE PAID?  WHAT A LOUSY OUTFIT!!

New Visitor
kirt77

I am trying to sign on to pay my bill and it keeps logging me off

Contributor
a-la-mode

same here, very annoying.

Contributor
a-la-mode

are you any closer to FIXING it?

Contributor
fcummingsdc

ERIC -

"Looking into it"??

It;s been a long time since you said that, and dozens of complaints keep piling up, day after day.

Whatr do you guys do for living?  If you can't fix this, you're in the wrong job! 

New Visitor
auntiegirl

agreed! this is crazy - -I've been trying for three days -- 6 different web browsers, 2 different computers and I cannot get into my account to pay my bill !!!!!!  I click on login/signin and it looks like it will work and takes me right back to the login screen. I got into this forum, the Comcast adivsors pages, and the support pages but not into any form of access for my account. I guess if Comcast wants my $$ they will fix this???