New Visitor
cmnova04
Accepted Solution

Customer Central Issues

I can log into Comcast Customer Central, however I cannot actually do anything because of the following message appearing on every page:

"In accordance with FCC regulations, Comcast requires the Primary user enter the Security PIN and create a Security Question and Answer. Please contact the Primary user to update the account status. Thank you."

I am the Primary user.  The issue is that no matter what page I navigate to, there is no where that I'm able to enter a Security PIN or create a Security Question and Answer.  This is horrible design.  I called Comcast Customer Service and they were brutal.  They sent a refresh to my modem and told me to shut-off my computer and reset my router... why would that ever change anything?

Any solutions?  I do not feel like waiting for my "ticket" to be looked into within "24-72 business hours" (why not just call it 1-3 business days?).

Service Expert
Queen-Evie

Re: Customer Central Issues

[ Edited ]

Do you have Comcast Digital Voice? Have you recently ordered Comcast Digital Voice but it is not yet installed?

If the answer to either of those questions is YES, the message you are receiving is not an error. For customers with Comcast Digital Voice already installed, a PIN will be sent to you via US mail. If the service is not yet installed, you will not receive the PIN until order for service has been completed and a technician installs your Comcast Digital Voice service.

As you have found out customer service is clueless about that message. Refreshing the modem, resetting the router, rebooting, changing passwords will NOT resolve this issue.

The message you receive also includes this:

"Comcast requires you to update your account information at this time. Please chat with a Comcast representative."

Do not use online chat-they are also clueless and it will be a waste of your time.

You will not be able to do anything until you get the PIN.

If it has been 2 weeks or more since digital voice was installed:

Call Comcast again. Use the option for phone support. Tell the person you talk to you need a PIN.

If it has been ordered and not yet installed you will have to wait on the PIN.

More information on this issue can be found here FCC Regulations and Security PIN[

Comcast employees must be authorized to post in the forum in an official capacity. Employees posting here have their names in red and are designated as employees. Names not in red are customers.

This is done to protect customers and for assurance that they are dealing with a Comcast employee.
Non-Authorized Employees are allowed to post but cannot state they are employees nor can they allude to being employees.

New Visitor
cmnova04

THANK YOU!

I did recently have Comcast Digital Voice installed.

Do you work for Comcast?  Amazing that you recognize their service is clueless.  I got a little rude on the phone when the women refreshed my modem, thereby disconnecting me online (I work at home so this is not good to do).  I knew it would not solve anything since my internet was working fine.

Thanks, I've resolved the issue now.

Service Expert
Queen-Evie

I do not work for Comcast. FYI, Comcast employees authorized to post here in an official capacity have their names in red and are designated as Administrator, Moderator or Official Employee.

I recognize the cluelessness because of the many posts made here about reps who have no idea what is going on with the FCC message.

I'm glad your issue has been resolved.

Comcast employees must be authorized to post in the forum in an official capacity. Employees posting here have their names in red and are designated as employees. Names not in red are customers.

This is done to protect customers and for assurance that they are dealing with a Comcast employee.
Non-Authorized Employees are allowed to post but cannot state they are employees nor can they allude to being employees.

New Visitor
noelleys

I'm having exactly the same problem (including customer service cluelessness) but I haven't had anything new installed in two and a half years.  We have digital voice but do not use it and never have.  And now I can't access my account.  This is completely irritating. 

However, thank you for this help, I've been working on this for a week now and this is the first light at the end of the stupid Comcast tunnel. 

Contributor
wd08070

I HAVE NEVER been through such cust confusion since I left verizonwrong, why do they make it so difficult here to enter more than one name to view email and MORE importantly view a DETAILED BILL. i HAVE TRIED 5X OR MORE, SPOKE WITH CUST, AHH, REPS 3X'S ALL TO no AVAIL OR HELP. Why is it so complicated to check email if you have more than 1 email or add other entries so you can get to see a breakdown of your  bill !!  2 weeks on here and already disgusted, exp-triple play-one rep says price is same for 2 years, another says 1 year, why can't a SIMPLE non-complicated question be answered CORRECTLY ? One doofus esp instead of answering my questions keeps yapping about other promos and so called savings but cannot answer the ONE question I wanted an answer for. Is comcast feeding these reps a drug of some sort ?

Service Expert
Queen-Evie

wd08070, would you explain what you mean by entering more than one name to view the bill or check email?

Your post doesn't make a lot of sense.

Email Expert
CCCarole