New Visitor
sjj3

How to transfer e-mail accounts to another comcast account

I setup my two sons with secondary e-mail accounts under my Comcast account.  SInce then, they have both relocated and now have their own individual Comcast/Infinity accounts.  They need to retain their current e-mails accounts.  Is there a way to transfer their existing secondary e-mail accounts to primary e-mail accounts under their Comcast accounts?

Service Expert
Queen-Evie

Re: How to transfer e-mail accounts to another comcast account

There is a way to transfer the accounts over to each of them.

FIrst, you will have to delete the accounts since they are under your account.

Then your sons will have to call Comcast, explain the situation, and request that the names be released back to them.

ONE THING TO BE AWARE OF WHEN DOING THIS: When you delete the accounts they will lose access to them. If one or both of them uses Xfinity Connect for email access everything in it will be lost when the account is deleted. If they have mail they don't want to lose it can be saved by installing an email client and configuring it to work with the Comcast mail server. When opened the client will download mail to the computer where it will reside. Any mail in folders will have to be moved to the Xfinity Connect inbox in order to download into the client. Address books will have to be exported as well.

In the time between deletion of the account and setting it back up anyone sending mail to that address will get a bounce message stating that the address is not valid.

Comcast employees must be authorized to post in the forum in an official capacity. Employees posting here have their names in red and are designated as employees. Names not in red are customers.

This is done to protect customers and for assurance that they are dealing with a Comcast employee.
Non-Authorized Employees are allowed to post but cannot state they are employees nor can they allude to being employees.