New Visitor
ortega194

PIN Number

It's been three weeks since I made a new account and I've been trying to have my Security PIN sent to me. I never received anything in the mail nor have I received an e-mail. When I attempt to request my PIN, I get the "Your PIN could not be sent at this time. Please try again later." error. I have not been able to get through that for at least a week, so I was wondering if I could receive some assistance. 

Email Expert
madylarian

Re: PIN Number

I've asked the Comcast administrators to look into this situation.

mady

Honi soit qui mal y pense
New Visitor
KevinBarnes

I am having the same issue. I am trying to log into my account but I lost the security password that was sent to me. I try to have a new one sent to me and it always says 'security password can not be sent at this time'. I am really getting irritated with this whole thing. I need some help ASAP.

Administrator
ComcastLarry

Thank You

-ComcastLarry-
Administrator
ComcastLarry

Thank You

-ComcastLarry-
New Visitor
Mike00001

having the same issue. Had this problem for a while.

Email Expert
CCCarole

Mike00001 wrote:

having the same issue. Had this problem for a while.

Are you a new customer?  Have you called 1-800 comcast and asked them to send you your security pin yet?

Need Email Help? Please post the following information in your post.
Do you use XfinityConnect? The Full or Lite version?
Do you use an email client? Which one? (Eg; Windows Live mail, Outlook, a smartphone etc.)
Which browser/version do you use? And- have you cleared your browser cache?
Which operating system? XP, Vista, Windows 7, Mac OS X
Details of the problem you are having.

New Visitor
3245Patsy

I have been waiting 6 weeks for a Security Pin and not received it yet and I need it as soon as possible where did you send it.

Email Expert
CCCarole

Did you call 1-800 comcast and tell them you haven't received it yet?

I will notify the Administrator, watch for a reply.

Do you use an email client? Which one? (Eg; Windows Live mail, Outlook, a smartphone etc.)

New Visitor
Donnapowers352

I can't get my pin either..I have checked all of my emails, and I simply don't have it.  The site says it can't send it now and try again later....which I have done many times..

HELP!

Email Expert
CCCarole

Did you call 1-800 comcast and tell them you haven't received it yet?

Administrator
ComcastLarry

I have escalated a ticket for the last three customer threads. Someone should be contacting you about this issue.

Thank You

-ComcastLarry-
New Visitor
maneetsahni

I have the exact same problem with the PIN. I don't have one in mail. I can't do it online. And I sent an email asking for help have got no response. Tried all options on phone and get thru Customer Service...
Email Expert
CCCarole

maneetsahni wrote:
I have the exact same problem with the PIN. I don't have one in mail. I can't do it online. And I sent an email asking for help have got no response. Tried all options on phone and get thru Customer Service...

I notified the Administrator- Watch for a reply please.

Administrator
ComcastLarry

Thank You

-ComcastLarry-
New Visitor
tvandenbroek

I have been having the same problem. I never recieved the pin in the mail and everytime I try to get it sent to me there is a message telling me it can't be sent.

Visitor
lmg_35C

Same issue here. PIN is needed to access billing account, add users, etc. Comcast support is useless, telling me it's an FCC problem...

Someone needs to enlighten Comcast that this is a long term issue impacting many users.   Glad I'm within my 30 day satisfaction period. I may just cancel service if this is not resolved today.

Email Expert
CCCarole

To the last Two Posters:

I have notified the Administrator.  Since it is the weekend, he may not see it until Monday.  Watch for a reply please.

CC

Visitor
lmg_35C

So, yesterday I was finally able to reach a support rep who had the common sense to understand the issue and how to provide my PIN over the phone by 1st validating key profile information and then calling me back on my registered telephone number.

I suggested she let others know how to correctly handle this situation...as this was going to be my last attempt.

Amazing how long it took to get this resolved even though I'm not sure the online retrieval (never worked) or postal mailing (never received) is working. I was able to change my PIN online without issue.

New Visitor

I've been having the same PIN problem as Img since November.  Today the 3rd representative I spoke to said she would call me in an hour to make sure I received the PIN by mail.  It is now 3 hours later, no PIN, no phone call.   This is the typical horrible service that seems to be acceptable at COMCAST.  When in world will a few other companies be options in southern ct??????  I'd drop COMCAST in a heartbeat.

Administrator
ComcastLarry

Thank You

-ComcastLarry-
New Visitor
InsuranceHopper

Hey ComcastLarry,

Can you hook me up with a pin as in the previous posts.  The pin I have isn't working.   I have 17 voicemails, but don't have access to them.  I've attempted this in the past and gave up trying.  Perhaps you can direct me in the right direction.

Thanks,

Daren

Email Expert
CCCarole

Daren,

I notified Larry of your post.  Watch for his reply please.

CC

New Visitor
TMorse1984

Same issue as everyone else. I have not yet received my security pin and am unable to retrieve it on the website. I've called many times and nothing has worked.

Any help Comcast?

Email Expert
CCCarole

TMorse1984 wrote:

Same issue as everyone else. I have not yet received my security pin and am unable to retrieve it on the website. I've called many times and nothing has worked.

Any help Comcast?

I notified the Administrator.

CC

Administrator
ComcastLarry

Thank You

-ComcastLarry-
Contributor

[ Edited ]

Here's what I got in the e-mail:

" In order to guard against unauthorized access to this information we require the use of a Security Personal Identification Number (PIN). It's just one more way we're helping to protect you.

Your Security PIN is: [PH:smileysilly:IN:AT]"

That's 11 characters, all either alpha or special... none are numeric.

Now let's see what the website wants to have entered...

"Your PIN must be 4 digits and cannot be the same digit (5555) or consecutive digits (1234 or 4321)."

So, to summarize...

I have been sent a temporary 11-character PIN, and cannot enter it into a 4-numeric space.

I have also been bounced around to (so far) 5 different reps at Comcast, hung up on once (so far) and am still no closer to a resolution.  I have explained Comcast's problem over and over, and have declined to offer to pay for a technician to visit my house to fix this error.

Thankfully, I am able to tweet this with a #Comcast hashtag to let others know how smoothly this is going.

Contributor

[ Edited ]

Oops, update!  Have now been hung up on or disconnected twice!

Should I call back and try again?  

Contributor

FWIW, this is marked as solved in:

http://forums.comcast.com/t5/Comcast-ID-and-Sign-In/Comcast-supplied-pin-doesn-t-work/td-p/1145351

Mine isn't fixed yet, tho.

Administrator
ComcastLarry

Thank You

-ComcastLarry-
Contributor

No, it had what several others have posted (in one or more of the several threads on this issue) a string that looks like code meant to call a routine that either generated or read a PIN...

[PH:smileysilly:IN:AT]

New Visitor
RYANTHOMAS7471

How do you get your Security Pin sent to you so I know mine?
New Visitor
Xandersmamaw

[ Edited ]

Just got comcast service yesterday and I'm trying to log on to my account to make changes and it keeps telling me I need a pin,tried to have one sent to me but nothing has come,I have a paperless bill and need to get into my account so I can set everything up,how do I get my pin in order to get into my account???? please help  !! 

Wonderful,was just reading how many other ppl are having this problem,It dosent look very good for Comcast being in my future if I have trouble this early into my service....

Email Expert
CCCarole

Xandersmamaw wrote:

Just got comcast service yesterday and I'm trying to log on to my account to make changes and it keeps telling me I need a pin,tried to have one sent to me but nothing has come,I have a paperless bill and need to get into my account so I can set everything up,how do I get my pin in order to get into my account???? please help  !! 

Wonderful,was just reading how many other ppl are having this problem,It dosent look very good for Comcast being in my future if I have trouble this early into my service....

The pin number is sent to you via regular mail a week or so after you start service.  Here is the information of why you need the pin and how to set it up once you receive it.

Have you called 1-800 comcast (Billing Department) and asked them to send it to you?

FCC Regulations and Security PIN

[ Edited ]

This step-by-step guide is directed to customers attempting to log in to Customer Central who receive the following message:

"In accordance with FCC regulations, Comcast requires you to enter your Security PIN and create a Security Question and Answer before you proceed. This will only take a few moments. Thank you."

Why are you receiving this message and what is CPNI?

The new FCC rules require customers to provide a password when they contact a carrier by phone before the carrier can release call-detail CPNI. Carriers must also password-protect online CPNI access. In addition, the new rules require carriers to notify customers of account changes, such as if the customer's password or address changes, and to notify customers or unauthorized disclosure of CPNI; however, law enforcement agencies can delay customer notification. The rules further require carriers to obtain opt-in consent from customers before disclosing their CPNI to a carrier's joint venture partner or independent contractor for marketing purposes.

1. When selecting "Update Account" you may be taken to a prompt with the following message:

"Comcast requires you to update your account information at this time. Please chat with a Comcast representative."

2. Depending on the result of the chat, you may require additional assistance.

Do you have Comcast Digital Voice? Have you recently ordered Comcast Digital Voice but it is not yet installed?

If the answer to either of those questions is YES, the message you are receiving is not an error. For customers with Comcast Digital Voice already installed, a PIN will be sent to you via US mail. If the service is not yet installed, you will not receive the PIN until order for service has been completed and a technician installs your Comcast Digital Voice service.

Why do you need the PIN?

The Security PIN gives you access to online voice features and protects your sensitive voice information such as voice mail and call logs. As a new customer, you will receive your Security PIN through the mail during account set up.

You need a Security PIN for the following scenarios:

Entering a Security PIN

1. Log in to the Xfinity Connect (after you have received your Security PIN via USPS)
  2. Click the Customer Central login link from the home tab or voice tab message
  3. You must re-enter your password for security purposes
  4. Enter your Security PIN in the Security PIN field, then select a Security Question from the drop-down menu and enter your secret answer

Note: The Security Question will be used if you cannot remember your Security PIN.

1. Click Update - you can now access your online voice data

Please read this FAQ for information on how to request a PIN.

Request and enter your Security PIN for XFINITY® Connect

If you do not have Comcast phone service and you are receiving this message, please contact our Customer Support team at  1-800-Comcast  for additional assistance.

New Visitor
michelle_ruddle

Comcast Larry,

I too have been having this same problem. I've requested the pin several times via phone and online. I never receive any pin and I can't login to my account. This is becoming a big issue as I can't take care of the parental controls that I need to implement. Every time I call, the CSR have very little idea of what I'm talking about. And the couple of pins that they've given me to try are wrong. PLEASE HELP!!!!

Visitor
ms7xwdc

i've requested a PIN to be sent via the POST OFFICE mail 3 times since Nov 15th. nothing EVER arrives.

this is ridiculous !!!

Visitor
ms7xwdc

must be karma: it arrived today in the mail :smileyhappy:

New Visitor
Jgomes8413

I need a PIN Number to access my account. Please Help !!!!!

New Visitor
nglessner

I'm having the same issue. I've never had to have a pin to log in to see my bill before, but now it says I must enter one. It also gives me the option to have a new one sent, but that just goes to a page that says

"Uh oh. We were unable to complete your request.

Your PIN could not be sent at this time. Please try again later.

We apologize for any inconvenience."

Email Expert
CCCarole

nglessner wrote:

I'm having the same issue. I've never had to have a pin to log in to see my bill before, but now it says I must enter one. It also gives me the option to have a new one sent, but that just goes to a page that says

"Uh oh. We were unable to complete your request.

Your PIN could not be sent at this time. Please try again later.

We apologize for any inconvenience."

Did you recently sign up for phone service with Comcast?  If you did, that is why you need the pin number, it is required by the FCC.

See this:

http://forums.comcast.com/t5/Billing/How-to-View-Pay-your-bill-Online-and-or-Secure-your-Account/m-p...

Scroll down to FFC Regulations

Call 1-800 comcast and ask the to re-send your pin number ( or email it)

New Visitor
MajorMajor

I also have same issue as OP.  Have called multiple times and requested PIN by mail, no response for 30+ days.  Request on website doesn't work either.

Any help would be much appreciated.  Thanks.

New Visitor
Jaclynlee

I called comcast and they stated that they would send me one in. My email, never received. This is the 3rd call in the past two months. I cannot view my bill without it, and when I am overcharged for my account, told by mail they are going to be canceling my account, it makes no sense that I should not be shown what I'm charged for! I'm sorry, still a bit angry.
New Visitor
mrinalbiswas

I donot have comcast voice but still the Security PIN is bothering me for months. I tried to reach customer service and they failed to fix it.

Regular Problem Solver
wrmclain

FYI for all:

A PIN number is required by FCC as a method to protect you phone records when telephone service is added to an account.  Generally, this should be generated automatically when the account is changed with the phone service and a letter is sent to the account address under seperate mailing with a PIN number. The first time you log into the account after the account has been updated will require you to enter this PIN number and change it to your own PIN number.

Sometimes the sstem fails in creating a PIN number and one is not generated.  In that case a ticket may have to be opened to correct the system and create the PIN number.  A Comcast agent, and certainly a repair agent should be able to see the PIN number on the account and/or see if there was no PIN generated.  Unfortunately, by regulations and to protect your records, they cannot give you the PIN number unless they can verify you.  There are specific requirements for verification such as verifying a physical ID, calling you back on your Comcast line (no other line is permitted).

In most of these cases, especially those where requesting a new PIN results back in an error, it is best to call a Comcast agent as soon as possible.  Also try to call using your Comcast Phone si that they can call you back and verify you.  Doing this would probably result in a faster response.

New Visitor
debagillespie

I too am having issues with this pin number. I finally received the email that is supposed to have the pin number in it but this is what I got:

Security Personal Identification Number (PIN). It's just one more way we're helping to protect you.

Your Security PIN is:

You can use your Security PIN to access the above information when calling 1-800-Comcast. To access this information online, visit any of our websites - http://www.comcast.com, http://www.comcast.net, or http://www.comcast.net/digitalvoicecenter.
If you are a business customer go to https://digitalvoice.comcast.net.

Help please! :smileysad:

Email Expert
CCCarole

[ Edited ]
Call 1-800 Comcast and tell them you did not receive the PIN number in their letter to you.

New Visitor
vbbaby43

I have been trying to get my security pin too. I am NOT a new customer and when I call I get the run around. I got on that stupid chat and they were zero help too. I do not have xfinity phone through you guys, just tv and internet and I can't view my bill details or edit anything without this pin. I'm at the end of my rope here.
Contributor
The_Smokers

:smileylaugh:lmfao

Hmmm, I wonder how long Comcast would wait for us to pay our bills?  All these posts I've been reading are truly just standard Comcast service.  I've accepted it or I would have to be admitted into the mental ward.

Contributor
The_Smokers

Re: EUREKA!

Hey Peeps, I worked with a smokin' courteous and let's get 'er done rep today.  He actually was able to tell me what the PIN NUMBER is and it is NOT ROCKET SCIENCE.

GET THIS:  the pin number is the FIRST FOUR CHARACTERS OF YOUR COMCAST USER PASSWORD THAT YOU USE TO SIGN IN EVERY DARNED TIME YOU USE COMCASE ONLINE.  YOU MAY LOG IN AUTOMATICALLY SO YOU DON'T THINK OF IT.  BUT IN MY CASE, MY USER ID IS:  J.SMOKER@COMCAST.NET (OR IT COULD JUST BE J.SMOKER).  THEN MY PASSWORD IS  (* * * *)3**********.  OKAY, PEEPS, MY PIN NUMBER IS THE FIRST FOUR (4) CHARACTERS OF THAT PASSWORD.  I mean that is SIMPLE.  I've tried it out and it freaking works.  I've been listening to Pandora Radio for the last two hours.

This awesome customer service rep also fixed my problem with not being able to see who is calling me (the caller ID function) within a matter of seconds).  By the way, I've had the problem for 2 YEARS!

I am now connected to Twitter, Facebook, Pandora, the News, Horoscopes, my caller ID WORKS.

The only thing he couldn't get to work today was my text messaging.  I can't text message from my email account and I really want to be able to do that.  He told me he would get it fixed for me and, do you know what?  I BELIEVE HIM!  I FREAKING BELIEVE HIM!  I BELIEVE A COMCAST REPRESENTATIVE!  YES, PEEPS, ALL IS NOT LOST.  

I believe in spreading the good word as well as the bad and this was a most pleasurable customer-service experience.

Yay!:womanlol::smileylaugh: