Regular Contributor
BBowser

Did my speed increase?!

[ Edited ]

I was not aware that Comcast was increasing internet speeds across all tiers, usually it was about 20 Mbs DL 4.5 UP, ran speedtest earlier and was very suprised to see about 36 DL speed and 6 Up out of no where!! When did this happen, I checked my service I was signed up for as I have the triple play contract and it said Blast! Doesn't that meen technically I should be seeing even more speed than what I'm currently seeing?

(HD COMPLETE XF BUNDLE is what I have)

Silver Problem Solver
andyross

Re: Did my speed increase?!

Comcast is upgrading speeds. Blast went from 25/5 to 50/10. 50/5 will go to 105/15. I gues 105/15 will get a price cut, unless it's the 200+ speed being mentioned in ads. Performance (not upgraded yet), will go from 16/2 (20/4 with PowerBoost) to 25/5 (no PowerBoost.)

Also, what model modem do you have? For these speeds, you want one that supports DOCSIS 3 (mulitple channels.)

Regular Contributor
BBowser

[ Edited ]

SMCD3GNV, Pretty sure it's DOCSIS 3 or atleast it should be says XFINITY on the front of it.

I'm not seeing 50/10 I'm seeing more like 30/6

Also even before the speed increase I never seen the full 25/5 you mentioned, I was getting around 12-20/2-4

EDIT INCLUDING SPEEDTEST:

(Speakeasy.net (Atlanta Server))

Your Speed Result:
Download Speed: 35846 kbps (4480.8 KB/sec transfer rate)
Upload Speed: 5742 kbps (717.8 KB/sec transfer rate)

Speedtest - Nashville (Hosted by Comcast)

Regular Contributor
BBowser

According to my local comcast office, Blast! in my area is not 50/10 it's 36/6 and that's even according to the comcast website itself so I think people are getting the Extreme and Blast mixed up or something 

Connection Expert
EG

[ Edited ]

BBowser wrote:

I think people are getting the Extreme and Blast mixed up or something 

The new Blast upgrade will be 50/10 (the former Extreme speeds). Extreme will become 105 /20.

http://www.dslreports.com/faq/15643

New Visitor
Reveille1

[ Edited ]

My speed actually went way down since last Friday.  I have an old Arris EMTA, what gives?  To be clear, I used to get around 20 down and 5 up but now it is 5 down and 5 up...

Regular Contributor
BBowser

[ Edited ]

Well my local office said I was getting way higher than I'm supposed to and that Extreme 50 is what I was talking about and I told them that the offical forums said that Blast! is now 50/10 and they didn't have any clue what I was talking about, are you sure that's for everywhere? I live in Nashville TN

Also this is what it says when I go to services and look up Blast!

Blast!®

Get download speeds up to 30 Mbps and upload speeds up to 6 Mbps with PowerBoost®.

So has the website not been updated either, again my local Comcast office has no clue wth is going on or what I was talking about.

Regular Contributor
BBowser

And maybe a Comcast rep would be so kind as to call my local office and let them know they have their upgraded speeds wrong if Blast! is supposed to be 50/10

Comcast - Murfreesboro

Phone Number:(615) 244-5900

Recognized Contributor
God1hire

[ Edited ]

I placed your zip code in on the comcast main website and it still says that blast is up to 30mbs, so I guess they haven't rolled out the upgraded speeds yet to your area. Everyone in the country on blast and extreme should have the upgrades by the 28th so keep checking over the next week. To see if you have the speeds reset your modem.

Contributor

I got an e-mai from Comcast telling my speed had increased and how to power cycle the modem to get it. I did all that and got no increase in speed so I called.  They asked me what I was getting and I told them 36/6. He said "Well that is really fast already". I said I know that but they told me I would get 50/10. He had no clue what I was talking about and went to check and came back and said it would not be until the end of March. I told him that no where in either my e-mail or the newspaper did it say that.  He insisted it would automatically happen at the end of the month.  So we shall see but personally I still think he had no clue. Another rep earlier (because I was transferred around) told me that it was in my area.  Is there a Comcast rep out there that can give me correct info and tell me what to do? I live in Sutter Creek, CA.

Email Expert
CCCarole

Troll or spam Trolls are individuals who start inflammatory threads or post rude or offensive messages for the purpose of disrupting a discussion or to upset other forum participants. Trolling behavior includes purposely harassing a particular member, employee, moderator, or administrator, sending them rude or unwanted private messages, etc.. This may include emails and/or phone calls to Comcast, Comcast employees or any variation of, Lithium, Lithium employees or any variation of. Trolls risk having their posts removed and may be banned from participating in the forums. Similarly, repeated posting of a message (or very similar messages) multiple times is considered spamming and is prohibited. This includes posting for the sole purpose of gaining a higher post count or rank. Spamming may also include, but is not limited to, any of the following 8. Use Inappropriate content Messages containing religious, racially, or sexually offensive content, profanity, insults, or other inappropriate content will be removed; the member’s posting privileges may also be revoked.

Regular Contributor
BBowser

Did my thread get flagged as a troll? Or just that Kevin guy cause I read what he said and it definintly sounded like a major troll, I've had no problems with my comcast service I just want my 50/10 speed, lol.

Contributor

Hmmm. Don't even know what that was all about.  In any case, I did an instant chat with another Comcast employee.  He did something on his end and told me that in about an hour or so I should have faster speed. Low and behold, my speed increased to 45/10.  Still hasn't gone to 50/10 but that is OK.  I'm happy anyway.

New Visitor
pbarklow

Wow!  You guys are lucky!  I have Blast and I'm getting 1 to 3 Mgps and constantly disconnected.

Regular Contributor
BBowser

This may now be closed I am happily recieving my full new speed as of today! I got the email yesterday saying they have finished rolling out the new service so I went ahead and reset my modem and BOOM

http://stage.results.speedtest.comcast.net/result/233928082.png

Connection Expert
EG

Happy surfing !