New Visitor

old comcast modem drop off?

where can i take my old modem if i dont have service anymore
Regular Problem Solver

Re: old comcast modem drop off?

Your local Comcast office (check the phone book)...OR...

Call 1-800-COMCAST (IF you've RENTED the modem....) and arrange for a rep to pick it up...

Good Luck!

Connection Expert
JamesR

Up at the top of this page, click on the light blue Tab and then click on "Service Centers" and provide your Street Address and Zip code it should provide you with several that are close to you.
Service Expert
Queen-Evie

If it's a rented modem:

When the box is picked up or turned in, GET A RETURNED EQUIPMENT RECEIPT. Make sure it documents that what you returned is modem. If there are any stickers with serial or MAC numbers, make sure those numbers are on the receipt.  Keep the receipt in a safe place.. In the past, Comcast has billed customers for equipment that had been returned. Sometimes they lose track of the equipment and the receipt will be your proof that you turned it in to Comcast.

Comcast employees must be authorized to post in the forum in an official capacity. Employees posting here have their names in red and are designated as employees. Names not in red are customers.

This is done to protect customers and for assurance that they are dealing with a Comcast employee.
Non-Authorized Employees are allowed to post but cannot state they are employees nor can they allude to being employees.

Connection Expert
JamesR

yeah, what sshe said. :smileyhappy:

Bears repeating! 

Make sure you get a receipt

and again

Regular Problem Solver
slouke

JMCS wrote:

yeah, what sshe said. :smileyhappy:

Bears repeating! 

and again

I agree:

Service Expert
Queen-Evie

I speak from experience on the receipts. I had mine when a collection agency informed me that Comcast wanted me to pay for 2 dvr's. I called Comcast immediately and got that cleared up.

Comcast employees must be authorized to post in the forum in an official capacity. Employees posting here have their names in red and are designated as employees. Names not in red are customers.

This is done to protect customers and for assurance that they are dealing with a Comcast employee.
Non-Authorized Employees are allowed to post but cannot state they are employees nor can they allude to being employees.