Regular Contributor

pcdr5cuiw32.exe

I am running windows xp. Recently my harddrive crashed and I purchased a new one. I had to make several attempts to get it to setup thru my recovery discs. It would not load all the data. I have finally gotten it up but it will not let me run ie8. My setup has ie6 which is not compatable with xfinity. I get an error with pcdr5cuiw.32.exe which as far as I am able to determine is a registry error. I found a free online registry fix but it has not helped. I have considered buying a registry fix disc but do not know if this will solve my problem. I am plagued with freezes and not responding and not loading. I have had to resort to firefox with which I am not happy as I cant load into my pictures nor retrieve them to hp photo.   I also can not run my setup disc for my printer. Any suggestions?

Cable Expert
JayInAlg

Re: pcdr5cuiw32.exe

I have to think that you might be having a hardware issue with the pc.

I would first reset your bios settings to default or optimal.

I would suggest you download the Microsoft windiag program to test your memory on the pc.  You can find it HERE.  When you run the exe, it will give you a choice of making a iso file that can be burned to a cd and create a bootable cd, or if you have a floppy drive in the machine, it will make a bootable floppy disk.  You then boot the pc from either the bootable cd or the floppy and test your memory to confirm any hardware issues.

You might need to download and create the disk on a reliable working pc and not the one with the issue.

It could be the memory, cpu voltage or overheating, motherboard voltage or temperture or the power supply causing your issue.