New Visitor
blacklxcoupe

1 800 COMCAST

I was having trouble with my service last night, 2 hours after the tech installed it. So, I call 1 800 COMCAST after about 15 min I speak to a rep. Well, I live in TN and for some reason it sent me to the FL call center, so they transfer me. It HANGS up. I call back, after 25 min they pick up. It's FL AGAIN! I get transfered again, after an hour of waiting I finally give up. Why do I keep getting a rep in FL? and after I speak to someone, it seems logical that I should be able to speak to someone else in a few min if the rep transfers me, not an hour later...

Silver Problem Solver
rog286713

Re: 1 800 COMCAST

the 1800comcast number is a national number that transfers you to whatever call center is open and less time to wait, any call center can answer your question you don't need to get someone where you live, there probably isnt even a center in tennessee so either tell the person you get your issue and they can troubleshoot for you or post your problem here, you don't say what your problem is if you want post it here.   Many times the other customers here can assist you or tell you you need to call comcast and get a tech out to your home its one or the other.

Email Expert
CCCarole

blackxlcoupe,

Please edit your post and change your Subject line to something other than the Comcast 800 phone number.  To do:  Open your post and click on Options on the right side.  Scroll down to edit rep;ly and click on that.  A window will open showing your subject and post.  Change the Subject and click on Post.

Need Email Help? Please post the following information in your post.
Do you use XfinityConnect? The Full or Lite version?
Do you use an email client? Which one? (Eg; Windows Live mail, Outlook, a smartphone etc.)
Which browser/version do you use? And- have you cleared your browser cache?
Which operating system? XP, Vista, Windows 7, Mac OS X
Details of the problem you are having.

New Visitor
blacklxcoupe

There is one in Tennessee. That's where I was told I was being transferred. The call center in FL said they could not help me. I just though it was ridiculous that a rep answered asked where I was calling from and said they would have transfer me and after an hour no one picked up. I had no picture on my tv an hour after it was installed. I had the guide menu, but no picture. It was probably a simple fix.

New Visitor
blacklxcoupe

Why? 1 800 Comcast is my issue.

Recognized Contributor
MissyLaneous

Like others have said, the "1-800-comcast" is THE number to call.  PERIOD.  If you need a technician, one will be dispatched from your local area.

Just press the proper option; e.g. if it's service related, use the "problems with your service" option.  If Billing, then the Billing option.

What exactly is the problem you're having with the 1-800-Comcast number, and what are you asking for to be transferred?  I've called a gazillion times over the years - never been transferred.

blacklxcoupe

I was not getting a picture on my tv downstairs. Upstairs worked fine. I believe it was the cable box, I don't have one upstairs. I have a picture now but OnDemand is still on and off. I called 1 800 Comcast. I've called it many times before. After a 15 min wait a rep picks up and asks the normal questions. Then tells me I have to be transferred to a call center in TN which is where I'm from. I was speaking to the FL call center. I didn't ask to be transferred. I was told in order to solve my problem I had to be transferred. The first time the system hung up on me. The second time same problem, FL again. I was transferred again, after an hour of waiting no one answered, so I gave up. I had other things I needed to do.

Why do I have to be transferred to a call center in my area? Seems like someone could help me no matter where they're located.After I speak to someone and they transfer me, I would think it wouldn't be long till someone else picks up.