Contributor
yetter

1800COMCAST Not working

Anyone else having problems with 1800COMCAST? Everytime I call for anything it takes in all of my information and tells me it is connecting me with an agent and then all of the sudden it says "THIS IS THE MAIN MENU"...... I am about ready to cancel my service over this! How am I supposed to fix my internet if I can not get help over the phone? As I write this I am chatting with a customer service agent online thanks to my trusty Verizon Wireless Internet Access Card......... It seems that just when things started to get better it fell off the deep end again! I think come May when my contract is up I will be shopping around for some new service. When Comcast service works it is great! When it fails it seems everything fails, the service, the customer support, EVERYTHING! I have never been so frustraited with Comcast in my life.

Regular Contributor

Re: 1800COMCAST Not working

I am having the same problem - endless loops through the phone menu that eventually say my call can't be completed at this time. 1-800-xfinity is not working either. If I was a conspiracy nut I'd say it was deliberate as my bill went up incorrectly $30 this month and I'm trying to call to get it corrected.

Email Expert
CCCarole

You can try this: Clicking on the blue Customer tab at the top of the page, then click in on Service Center locations.  A window opens to enter your address and zipcode.  Then it should bring up local service centers.  See if the list shows you a different phone number you can call.

Can you both also post your zipcodes?

Need Email Help? Please post the following information in your post.
Do you use XfinityConnect? The Full or Lite version?
Do you use an email client? Which one? (Eg; Windows Live mail, Outlook, a smartphone etc.)
Which browser/version do you use? And- have you cleared your browser cache?
Which operating system? XP, Vista, Windows 7, Mac OS X
Details of the problem you are having.

Email Expert
CCCarole

yetter wrote:

Anyone else having problems with 1800COMCAST? Everytime I call for anything it takes in all of my information and tells me it is connecting me with an agent and then all of the sudden it says "THIS IS THE MAIN MENU"...... I am about ready to cancel my service over this! How am I supposed to fix my internet if I can not get help over the phone? As I write this I am chatting with a customer service agent online thanks to my trusty Verizon Wireless Internet Access Card......... It seems that just when things started to get better it fell off the deep end again! I think come May when my contract is up I will be shopping around for some new service. When Comcast service works it is great! When it fails it seems everything fails, the service, the customer support, EVERYTHING! I have never been so frustraited with Comcast in my life.

yetter:  You could also consider posting the details of your internet issue in the Internet Connection Forum for assistance too:  One of the Experts migght be able to help you.  LINK

Need Email Help? Please post the following information in your post.
Do you use XfinityConnect? The Full or Lite version?
Do you use an email client? Which one? (Eg; Windows Live mail, Outlook, a smartphone etc.)
Which browser/version do you use? And- have you cleared your browser cache?
Which operating system? XP, Vista, Windows 7, Mac OS X
Details of the problem you are having.

Regular Contributor

Retired Administrator
CC_Dete

Hi yetter and falsedawn - do either of you have more than one account with Comcast? I'd like to clarify those details before engaging our call routing folks. 

Just 'Dete'
Retired Help Forums Admin
Regular Contributor

I don't know if it is still a problem; I started a live chat to solve my problem. I have only one account.

Contributor
yetter

I only have one account with comcast in Chicago... The phone number that is attached to it is out of Chattanooga, TN......... I was able to get help through the internet chat (Thanks Verizon Wireless Card!) It is just very frustraiting.... My Zip is 60630. I have even tried calling using my comcast home line with no luck!