Contributor
almg7

$250 Promotional Gift Card 90 days=6 to 12 months?

I ordered my service in October 2010.  I contacted Comcast Ecare & was provided a url to check the status of my $250 gift card.  First, I think it is ridiculous that  any customers should have to take the time to research, send email inquiries, or contact anyone at Comcast in order to recieve something Comcast promised.  The promotion was used as a 'draw in' to get customers to order service, and the fulfillment should be automatic.  Second, the 'hoops' the customers have to jump through to find the right path to a resolution is just crazy; I'm not even sure I am on the correct path. 

My  order is still not showing on the website http://www.checkmyrebate.com/comcastgiftcheck
 It has been over 4 months now.  When will the $250 gift card be sent.  I am really concerned because I had recommended this promotion to friends & now it seems like it was is not being honored.  If you have a promotion, you should honor the promotion.  Where do I need to go from here?  Is there a corporate phone number or address to notify about  my concerns?   I am not confident when I read some of the comments on the forum.  Please advise me of my next course of action.

Email Expert
CCCarole

Re: $250 Promotional Gift Card 90 days=6 to 12 months?

The Forums Administrator has been notified of your post here> LINK

Need Email Help? Please post the following information in your post.
Do you use XfinityConnect? The Full or Lite version?
Do you use an email client? Which one? (Eg; Windows Live mail, Outlook, a smartphone etc.)
Which browser/version do you use? And- have you cleared your browser cache?
Which operating system? XP, Vista, Windows 7, Mac OS X
Details of the problem you are having.

New Visitor
Nuphus

I went to the GiftCheck and called the 1-800-526-3268.  Talked with a nice person there and she issued a claim to Comcast for this.  She did say that they can't issue the credit cards until Comcast authorizes it of my account.  Funny thing is when I was on the Comcast Gift Check (http://www.checkmyrebate.com/comcastgiftcheck/Status.asp) I typed in my account # and tried again with the phone number and the long reply stated "We were unable to locate your information..."  That's what lead me to call.

I think this is a potential SHAM by Comcast to not deliver these credit cards on a timely bases.  Hence why in the industry their nick name around my area is "COMC.R.A.P.", but DirectTV or DISHNETWORK are no unlike a vaccum as well.

Visitor
busterboy5050

I signed up for Comcast Triple Play back in November 2010 and was told I would get a $250 Visa Gift Card in 90 days. Now it is May and I have nothing!  I was told to go to www.comcasterbatecenter.com.

When I tried to log in the message I got was "The information you entered in one or more fields does not match our records". So I called and all I got was "we will check into it".  Then they asked me if I registered within 60 days from activation of service date to receive your Comcast Visa gift card.  WHAT!?!! , no one told me I had 60 days to register! 

New Visitor
teeders

This is EXACTLY my story. Signed up on October. Paid my bill on time, early in fact every month and no less then 10 phone calls and probably 100's of minutes burned up on my cell phone, STILL NO GIFT CARD.  I can not wait until my contract is up. I have a lot of things to say about Comcast at this minute and not one of them is appropriate for a public forum.....

Email Expert
CCCarole

The Adminisstrator posted this in the Visa Card Thread at the top of the Forum page:

For all that is having issue with Visa Gift Card, please send me an email with

- Name:
- Phone Number on Account:
- Contact Number:
- Best Time To Call:
- Email:

Do you use an email client? Which one? (Eg; Windows Live mail, Outlook, a smartphone etc.)

Visitor
gina530

I opened an account last fall, drawn in by the $250 gift card and promotional pricing of the Triple Play package. The account balance has always been paid early and in full. Since March, I've made at least three phone calls, been placed on hold for 10-15 minutes each time, and told by the rep each time that they are "working on" some kind of report to ensure that I've had a good-standing account for the last six months. First off, the promo said 90 days, so where did "at least 6 months" come from?? The report excuse is total BS. I guarantee that if we were late on a payment, Comcast would've cut our service off in the blink of an eye. If Comcast can track delinquent payments to determine whose service to terminate, then they should easily be able to tell who the good customers are and give them what's due (i.e., the $250 gift card they advertised).

As customers, none of us should have to do the leg work on this deal. We're the ones providing the funds for their payroll so, ultimately, they're working for us (and doing horribly). I'm going back to Directv once this Comcast contract is up.

Email Expert
CCCarole

Did you send the email to Steve?

Visitor
gina530

Yes, sir/ma'am. I just sent it.

Visitor

I signed up in Nov-2010 and was promised the 250 gift card. I have inquired about the card on several occasions. It is now Jun-2011 and I went to your sight /comcastgitf only to find out that Comcast has never register me for the gift card and now I will have to wait another 6-8 weeks. This is a Bait scheme and I feel comcast never had the intention to honor this deal. I will report this scam to the Better Business Bureau.

Regular Contributor
commtech1

I have to love this, I went to that site to check my rebate status and I get " We were unable to locate your information."   So they'll probably tell me I never sent the form and copy of my installation receipt and that I missed the deadline. Gee, in today's economy I can just say "hey why bother filling out and sending them those forms as who needs $250 ?"

Visitor
gina530

The reps I spoke with never said anything about registering for the gift card. I was told on two occasions that it would be sent out "automatically" after 90 days of good account history, which then turned into at least 6 months of good account history.

FYI, I e-mailed Steve Teow and his reply was "we'll get it fixed for you." Why should they even have to fix anything? All of us should've gotten our gift cards months ago without having to check on them.

We will never see these gift cards.. the promise of getting them was simply a scam to get us locked into contracts. Comcast? More like ComCrooks.

Visitor
gina530

It's June 23, about 8 months since we opened our Comcast account, and guess what was in the mailbox today? A $250 prepaid Visa card from Comcast. I am putting the figurative foot in figurative mouth as I type this, only because I said that we will never see our gift cards. I apologize to Comcast for making that erroneous assumption. However, the part about it being unfair to have to make multiple phone calls stands. Comcast, you advertised 90 days, not 6 months or more. It's the principle and the lack of followup and results that have caused so much grief amongst your customers. Please give us (the customers) the good service that we pay for by delivering on time and as advertised.

I hope the rest of the forum has gotten their hard-earned gift cards as well.

New Visitor
OneManWolfpack

Still waiting for my giftcard here, glad to hear you scored yours. It shouldn't be this difficult to have an agreement honored. I emailed Steve and will anxiously await some information on this gift card. I just have to wonder if it wouldn't make more sense for Comcast to just put a credit on your account as opposed to messing with mailing out gift cards... just my thoughts

New Visitor
barbarrry

I was promised this gift card also. I signed up march 13 and everything compact said is a lie and now when I talk to them they are say they will have somebody call. It has been 5 days and still no call. They are scamming me and IM about ready to cancel and go a differs rout.

Email Expert
CCCarole

Anyone that has not received their gift card:  Please send an email to Steve Teow and please CC: to Sherri.

Please include the following information:

- Name:
- Phone Number on Account:
- Contact Number:
- Best Time To Call:
- Email:

NOTE:  There is an unline after the i and after the E in Sherri's email address.  (_)

New Visitor
RichardJack

Signed up with Comcast in February 2011 - just received our $250 Visa gift card today!!!  YIPEE!!!

Email Expert
CCCarole

New Visitor
howup---u

I dont think comcast expected such a large response, and are still raking in a few million dollars. I think its time to stop paying our bill and call a dish network.  BETTER YET, call the Better Business Bureau and let them get an honest and direct response.

New Visitor
howup---u

Comcast should cowboy up, send all involved a direct phone contact, or at least send the money owed. I finaly talked to a person about two weeks ago and was assured that someone would contact me in three to five business days,,,,,, NOT

Regular Contributor
commtech1

One year later and bills paid and no Visa Gift Card. I filled out all the paperwork and got nada thing.

Contributor
sueeib

wheres my amazon gift card its way over due and this is just not right !!

Contributor
sueeib

i have sent steve 3 emails with no reply

Contributor
sueeib

i tried that and still no reply and when i email sherri  it kept comming up failed tosend!!

Email Expert
CCCarole

Send an email to the We Can Help Team instead:

We_can_help@cable.comcast.com

.Please include all of the following in your email:

Service address

The full name on your account

Home phone number & an alternate number where you can be reached if possible

Your Comcast Account number

A link to this Thread

A detailed description of the problem

Contributor
sueeib

thank you for your reply i still would like to know when i will receive my 250.00 gift card

Email Expert
CCCarole

sueeib wrote:

thank you for your reply i still would like to know when i will receive my 250.00 gift card

The Help Forums are monitored primarily by fellow customers like yourself.  We cannot answer that question.  All that we can do is offer where you might get the answers.

Regular Contributor
commtech1

[ Edited ]

I'm one of those that Comcast depends upon that don't have enough time to spend hours on the phone dealing with the "the checks in the mail" or "it's being processed" standard blow us off lines.

I signed up on the national website being promised this deal for ordering the triple play as I was moving to SW Florida from NY and wanted to have the service installed. Well after I got here I was told "we don't honor that offer down here, and that package is not available here either" and spent the next few months with service that kept going out, set top box kept freezing, loss of internet and phone, 6 or 7 visits from Comcast techs, OSP, supervisors (and I had to escalate to corporate to get it finally fixed) and in the mean time corporate told me to apply for the gift card and that they would honor it. After having the service for a year the house I was renting was sold and I moved into another house (in the same section of town) and they changed my phone number (they originally gave me a Pine Island TN by mistake) and then raised my bill and took away channels and when I inquired as to why, I was told those services cost more on the street I moved to in the same section of town (SW Cape Coral). So at that point I had a satellite TV service installed and now I have way more premium HD channels and am actually paying less just using Comcasts internet and phone and the satellite TV together. Oh and 16 months later still no gift card because I simply did what Comcast expected, I GAVE UP. I even went as far as to copy all these forum threads about broken rebate promises to give to the media but figured I'd get sued over it. Man how I miss FiOS.

Oh and honestly for the $250 gift card I got scammed out of they lost over $1400 a year in fees I would have paid to have their TV service.

Contributor
sueeib

i realy hope it is not going to take very long to get my gift card its already been over due for sometime now thank you for your help!

New Visitor

I am having the same issue. I was told I would receive the $250.00 gift card 6 weeks after my third payment. I called after the six weeks and was told they just now ordered the card and it would be another six weeks. I had this same thing happen with Comcast a few years back and the card never came and they ended up giving me a credit on my account. This is just a scam they do to get people to sign contracts and then they assume the average person will just forget about the card or won't go to the trouble to call 5 or 6 times like I have had to do. It is a very shady situation.

Email Expert
CCCarole

3621 wrote:

I am having the same issue. I was told I would receive the $250.00 gift card 6 weeks after my third payment. I called after the six weeks and was told they just now ordered the card and it would be another six weeks. I had this same thing happen with Comcast a few years back and the card never came and they ended up giving me a credit on my account. This is just a scam they do to get people to sign contracts and then they assume the average person will just forget about the card or won't go to the trouble to call 5 or 6 times like I have had to do. It is a very shady situation.

Send an email to the We Can Help Team:

Service address

A link to this Thread

Contributor
sueeib

this is the 5th email i have received with the exact same message ' thanks for sharingyour concern with us'   ya well it is not answering my question where is my gift card!!!!

Email Expert
CCCarole

I am going to notify the Administrator.  Did you get those five emails from the We Can Help Team or somewhere else?

CC

Visitor
salmander69

I had my Comcast  service installed on 9/26/12  I was told I would receive a prepaid Visa Gift Card for $300.  I have called Comcast, emailed Comcast, check their checkmyrebate.com/comcastgift which does not exist...

I don't know where to go from here, all I get is the run around from Comcast!!!  If I try to login to my account, it says my account does not exist!!!!  I'm ready to go to social network, and report this to my local TV network, and get "Jessee"!!!!! 

Email Expert
CCCarole

Service address

A link to this Thread

Visitor
salmander69

I'm waiting for my $300 prepaid VISA card since Sept. 26, 2012 at which time I was connected to Comcast!!!!

Email Expert
CCCarole

Did you send the email to the We Can Help team?

Email Expert
CCCarole

Post removed. For personal information in post. Edited post will be placed back in the original Thread.

Email Expert
CCCarole

salmander69 wrote:

Options
‎02-23-2013 03:42 AM

I was told in writing that I was entilted to a $300 Prepaid Visa Gift card for signing up to Comcast Triple Play. My installation date was September 26, 2012. I have received nothing in the mai except my bill every month, which I have paid on time, and I have adheared to the conditions of my rebate for the last 5 months!!!

When I try to check on my rebate, I'm told they don't know my account!!! I have called, try to access my account on line, and to no avail!!!

I finally went to comcast, and read the complaints about not receiving peoples rebates.... Is this some kind of scam??? Again, I'm sharing my concern with Comcast!!! Thank you, Sally XXXXXX Acct.XXXXXXX

Please read the Posting Guidelines.

http://forums.comcast.com/t5/Forum-Guidelines/Posting-Guidelines/td-p/866289

Did you send the email to the We Can Help Team or not?

CC

New Visitor
randyvossen

same problem with gift card promotions got hooked up on 11/01/12 i have called them checked rebate status put in my account number says no records found nothing but problems when i switched to comcast thinking of dropping them and going back to direct tv

Email Expert
CCCarole

randyvossen wrote:

same problem with gift card promotions got hooked up on 11/01/12 i have called them checked rebate status put in my account number says no records found nothing but problems when i switched to comcast thinking of dropping them and going back to direct tv

Send an email to the WE CAN HELP TEAM for assistance.

Service address

A link to this Thread

New Visitor
kmckuhen

I've called, I've complained, I've been transferred 158,981 times, to the wrong department. Sometimes they speak English. Sometimes they don't. I've driven to comcast's office, and yes... I've email:we_can_help.

I've had issues with services, equipment, installation, billing, customer service and finally the mystical $250 visa giftcard which have been causing customers complaints on this thread for at least two years!

I've only had service for 9 months!!!!! I am about ready to give up on the giftcard, wait or payout my contract and switch back to direct tv.

Sincerely,

An unhappy consumer.