New Visitor
Fclopton

$50 service fee, seriously?

Called a technician to come out and repair my service, they came out and fixed my cable... There was a problem with the way the lines were coming into the house, he had to rearrange something outdoors, he fixed it and the cable worked fine... Next month there was a $50 charge on my bill that NO ONE would credit or help me out with...

So my options were to either pay a $50 service charge on top of my normal monthly bill in order to watch TV and be on the internet...

or...

Not pay the $50 service charge and pay the normal monthly bill and not have working internet and TV... How does this make sense?

You guys really need to think of a better strategy when it comes to this service charge, and maybe tell customers when they schedule the appointment that there will be a $50 service charge so they can decide if the crappy TV and Internet service is worth paying an extra $50 to get fixed.

Silver Problem Solver
rog286713

Re: $50 service fee, seriously?

if the tech did nothing inside your home you should not be charged a fee.  Send an email here.

To get help, you can drop a note to Comcast corporate customer service (we_can_help@cable.comcast.com).

For the quickest response, please include:
Your full name;
Service address;
Phone number & an alternate number if possible;
Account number;
A link to your post

New Visitor

Get  there insurance for $  2:99 a month  you don,t get charged the 50;00 service fee

Silver Problem Solver
rog286713

that works too.

Silver Problem Solver
commanguy

But isn't that just for the inside lines?

The original poster said they fixed the lines coming into the house which is Comcasts equipment therefore like rog said in his initial response should not be charged to the customer.

Service Expert
Queen-Evie

It depends on WHERE outside the lines are. There is a point where it stops being a Comcast responsibiity.

That is usually the point where the main line is connected to a splitter (if there is one). Anything on the other side of the splitter is YOUR responsibilty. (at least that is what a Comcast dude told me last year when I had issues that required a tech visit).

Comcast employees must be authorized to post in the forum in an official capacity. Employees posting here have their names in red and are designated as employees. Names not in red are customers.

This is done to protect customers and for assurance that they are dealing with a Comcast employee.
Non-Authorized Employees are allowed to post but cannot state they are employees nor can they allude to being employees.