Contributor

AT&T vs Comcast

Has anyone out there switched from one to the other and, if so, could you tell me pros and cons of each?  I'm thinking of making the switch to AT&T and would like some input before I do.  Thanks!

New Visitor
QianaDJ

Re: AT&T vs Comcast

I had AT& T telephone since forever. I switched to Comcast to do the bundle on 6/20/11 and I REGRET it! Too much static in my telephone line and often the line is dead. Customer services has given me the run around. Also having trouble with cable and internet. Service call was supposed to take place today...They didn't show. But lied to me over the phone. I had DirecTV also. Customer service was great with both. No problems at all. I only left to get a bundle and save money. You should be satisfied. 

Bronze Star Contributor
kraze1994

Call their sales department and ask them questions. I did and got the nicest guy ever and we talked for an hour on there features and pricing and so on...

I would perfer them over Comcast but atm Comcast offers me better speed even though it doesn't work half of the time. 

Recognized Contributor
Bill-1948

I can only speak for myself. If i had some one that could supply me. With the services Comcast doses i would change. Some of us are not as lackey as you. We get Comcast,or nothing. You get third rate service at best. That is the way it works here.  Wish we had other providers to compare Comcast to. They might be as good as they say.  

Contributor
patrick19833

AT&T have lower internet cap than comcast which sucks! It's only 150GB and Comcast have 100 more!

Contributor
tm1214

Do Comcast moderators read contributor comments and delete them?

I remember posting a message on here.

I would go to AT&T. To bad AT&T is not offered in my neighborhood. I did have them back at my old apartment. Never had any issues with them.

Cable Expert
i-am-nerdburg

AT&T has their horror stories just like Comcast does. (http://www.dslreports.com/forum/uverse) Overall both companies offer good products and for most customers it will be a good experience. There is no harm in trying another provider. Conversely, if you are unhappy with your Comcast service, call them and tell them, maybe they can do something to keep you as a customer.

Recognized Contributor
Bill-1948

Just comment on your post. I know all company have some problems. I would like to share this. A member of my wife family,dropped cable internet for DSL (AT&T). Not Comcast,we were visiting. Opened up the self install kit,worked out of the box no phone call needed. That night had problems,called customer service. He was on the phone about 15 min. Start to finish. Said they would some one out between 8:00 to 10:00 a.m. The next day.

Arrived on time, checked,ran new wire from pole to house,and new wire to the computer. About 2 or 3 hours later AT&T called to make share every things was right. They ask about the customer service they received on the phone,and the guy who came out.

I have never received that kind of service from Comcast. Others may have,I can only speak for myself. 

Contributor

Thanks for everyone's input.  I imagine there are issues with both companies.  I've had Comcast for over 10 years and everytime I have an issue it seems like it takes forever to get it truly resolved.  Often, when they try to fix a problem they create other problems.  Some issues you just learn to live with because you know it will never be solved.  For instance, since the day I got Comcast in the home I currently live in, my call waiting hasn't worked properly.  When I try to switch from one line to another I first get a dial tone line and then have to click again to get the second line.  I've asked about why this happens but they just don't know and really don't seem to care about figuring it out.  I've always had a low signal but they've never been able to fix it.  Many times when I have had issues they come out to fix it and I'll tell them what I think it might be.  They don't like to listen and often ignore me.  However, I can't tell you the number of times I was right and when they finally checked what I said the issue was resolved.  I can't imagine that AT&T could possible be any worse than Comcast.  Also, I've been with Comcast for around 15 years or more.  The sad thing is that new customers are treated better and get better rates than loyal customers.  What's wrong with that picture?

Cable Expert
i-am-nerdburg

Vote with your wallet my friend, if Comcast can't deliver, they don't deserve your business.

New Visitor
Truth786

Have had comcast for years, BAD (complained to comcast about a bad node for almost 5 years, they ignored and said they could not find and problems, I did however find the node, dropped packet, disconnections on the internet ALWAYS) but Comcast WAS the only show in town for broadband, I am excited that AT&T now offering fiber, I am switching to AT&T as of 11/15/11, more channels like national goegraphic, history international, NFL and NHL packages included, AT&T on-demand updated weekly, not monthly like Comcast and still AT&T MUCH less expensive than Comcast 

New Visitor
mwilliamssr

AT&T has better customer service - I have services with the both of them.

New Visitor
mwilliamssr

A good product without service is like having no product at all. Comcast is questionable at best.

New Visitor
mwilliamssr

I have been with comcast for more than twenty five years.  Thanks AT&T for getting into the game!