Contributor
GalvTexGuy

Bait and Switch

After trying to go through the online puchase offer for Xfinity HSI and to take advantage of special pricing for the first six months, with a reduced price for months 7-12, I kept running into issues with the online forms changing the address I entered for the service.  I tried and tried to get the system to take my address (which, by the way, has had Comcast service in the past) to no avail.  So, I was forced to call 1-800-COMCAST in order to get new service started. 

After getting the runaround ("We can't find your address in our system") and, literally, hours and hours on the phone with no telling how many "customer service representatives", I was finally able to get HSI established.  Even though I told them I already had a compatible modem and that I did not need the starter kit, they sent it to me anyway and charged me the $15.  I was finally able to get that issue resolved, but then there was an issue with the MAC address of my modem, which took hours to get resolved.

Anyway, back to the special pricing "bait and switch".  I finally got hold of someone who sounded on the phone like they really cared and explained why I had to start service over the phone instead of online to take advantage of the special pricing.  I was even given a price change ticket number (SR005495801) and told to call back in 3-5 business days, which I did.  Not only didn't they honor the special promotion, they insisted that I signed up for the non-special promotion online!  So, even though I'm getting the "special" pricing of $29.99 for the Performance Package, I will NOT be getting the $44.99 price for months 7-12.  The price will go up to the full price of $62.95.

This is a classic bait-and-switch tactic and I will be filing a written complaint with the Texas Attorney General.  The thing with Comcast is they really don't care.  Even though I've been a loyal customer for years, with two active accounts at two different residences and paying over $200 a month, they would rather I cancel my service than to live up to their promises.  And the worse part, all of this happened through no fault of my own or through nothing I've done to deserve the treatment I've gotten from Comcast.  It's like I'm the enemy and Comcast will go through any means to defeat me.  It's absolutely crazy!

I will be cancelling my service as soon as I get Verizon DSL established and I get Dish Network service established.  Adios Comcast.  Nice knowing you.  Not! 

New Visitor
Rachel55305

Re: Bait and Switch

A similar thing happened to me.

New Visitor
XFinisAJoke

Me too!  What a SCAM!

I want faster Internet.  I go online, it says "blast for existing customer"  $29.95 promotion.  I add to cart and go to check out. 

I get a required chat.  The checkout lady tells me "you cannot use that promotion since you already have Internet.  You need the $79.95 package, plus $50 install fee, plus $58.65 for a new Blast modem."

WHAT A JOKE... not only would they not honor their offer, they wanted to bend me over and get even more out of me.  I have been a customer over 3 years and a NEW customer gets better treatment than a loyal one!  COMCAST, AND XFINITY.. wake up!   BBB is getting this one!

New Visitor
Jayjthomas537

I ordered over the phone and I was promised $135.00/month a month (for the first year) for boxes for two HD TV's, HBO, Showtime, phone and internet. The installer came out and it was downhill from there... Bottom line is after 3 hours on the phone with 4 different people (I somehow got disconnected twice) Im paying $142.00/month for six months and I start paying for HBO and Showtime after that. Not the year I was told but six months.Comcasts product is great but I swear it seems like they are run by con men...

New Visitor
Antfolk

[ Edited ]

As of December 2012, I too fell victim of bait and switch. I was promised a fee of $39.99 per month but my bill states $89.99 per month. I'm stuck with this unresolved issue over the weekend and Holiday with no one to contact about it. But rest assured Comcast I WILL contact the public utility commission and file a complaint about this scam if I don't see a change immediately. (I have both the bill in paper that lists my promised fee and will print the version online that shows the increased amount; proof of this scam in action.) This will be done in addition to canceling my services.

http://www.puc.state.mn.us/PUC/consumers/file-a-complaint/000100

(I recommend anyone else dealing with this issue click this 2nd link.)

http://www.fcc.gov/guides/cable-television-where-file-complaints-regarding-cable-service

P.S. this is from a NEW customer. Nope new customers don't get treated any better.

Contributor
BRITISHRN

SAME THING HAPPENED TO ME TOO

Official Employee
ComcastMark

We'd like to look into this for you. Will you please contact us and provide your account info and the link to this page at We_can_help@cable.comcast.com.

We apologize for the trouble. 

New Visitor
Brown_Fox

Same with me too.

Email Expert
CCCarole

Brown_Fox wrote:

Same with me too.

Did you send the email to the We Can Help Team for assistance?

Send an email to the We Can Help Team.

Include:

full name
service address
phone number
account number
link to this thread
full details of the problems

Need Email Help? Please post the following information in your post.
Do you use XfinityConnect? The Full or Lite version?
Do you use an email client? Which one? (Eg; Windows Live mail, Outlook, a smartphone etc.)
Which browser/version do you use? And- have you cleared your browser cache?
Which operating system? XP, Vista, Windows 7, Mac OS X
Details of the problem you are having.

New Visitor
newenglander2

On Nov 26th I ordered the triple play bundle with the promise of a $250 visa card on the web. I had two options at the time, no contract, $119 a month with no visa or $109 a month + visa+2 year contract. I placed my order and received an auto generated email telling me I ordered the bundle with the 2 year contract. Nothing about the visa. I didn't worry since it showed the 2 year contract.  Everything was installed and then twice, I've received bills that tell me my plan has gone up at after a review. I called them about this  and to ask about my 250 visa card. I called customer service and they told me since it was placed via the web I had to use chat. So I did. (I kept the transcript) and 3 hours and two people later, it ended up with them giving me a phone number and telling me they couldn't help. There is no recourse.  The big concern was they told me I ordered a 12 mos with no contract option therefore, I'm not entitled to the visa. No one believed me when I said I had an email as proof this is not true. Now that I am a customer they are not willing to retro actively add the visa card promo code that I had signed up for. This feels illegal and I am considering my options. I want my $250 visa card. I switched from a perfectly good direct TV service because of this deal.

Email Expert
CCCarole

Send an email to the We Can Help Team:

We_can_help@cable.comcast.com

.Please include all of the following in your email:

Service address

The full name on your account

Home phone number & an alternate number where you can be reached if possible

Your Comcast Account number

A link to this Thread

A detailed description of the problem

Do you use an email client? Which one? (Eg; Windows Live mail, Outlook, a smartphone etc.)

New Visitor
nelson381

Well, I too am a victim of the "bait and Switch" tactics and I'm a new customer. You are not alone GalvTexGuy.

I am not going to take it sitting down. I think they believe that for an upscale of 10 bucks, who would litigate? Right. Well that would be me.

Here's my story. Since the Dec 21st I have spoke with no less then 21 different reps just to purchase the "Blast Plus HBO" package. Its an awesome package. Comes with 30mbs download and economy TV for a rocking price of 39.99 a MO. Details say not in all areas. So I received confirmation by way of  printed chats from three separate reps that confirmed that the package was available in my area,. However, when we get to the purchase side I.E. open "Chat Link" to complete order I.E. "up sales- bait and switch" things get a little different.

The last attempt, I received confirmation that the order was processed and confirmed with the pricing $39.99 for 12 MO with HBO for 2 years. Thought I was finally done after 10 days and one physical visit to Comcast center, but NO!

Guess what. I received that sales confirmation and the package price and term were different. It was listed as 49.99 for 6mo... Go figure. That's a big upsale considering that the package price will go up at least $30.00 x 6 for the first year.

I spent 3 hours on the phone today trying to get it resolved. You know, not my department, let me forward you, sorry you need to go back where you started. So as a result , I thought I would post my frustrations out here to see if anyone else has had this issue. I have copies of the offer! The completed form after address has been supplied as well as confirmation of rep on chat transcripts confirming pricing on order as well as availability: Clear case of " Bait and Switch"

Definition of 'Bait And Switch'

A dishonest marketing tactic in which a marketer advertises a very attractive price/rate/term that is really a teaser rate meant to attract customers. Once the customer comes into the store/office to inquire about the advertised price/rate (the "bait"), the advertiser will attempt to sell the customer a more expensive product (the "switch").

It's illegal in most states, I have tried to speak to a supervisor about this today. Here's what that looked like:

Markus in billing: 4:51 to Comcast sales Eric 4;57 to comcast .com (only really a call center I was informed) need to transfer to Comcast sales center 5;41 can't help because that's Georgia and the issue is with IL to IL Billing 5;53 to you need to speak to sales done....  Now Forum!

Any good advice for me... Would be appreciated Thanks

Email Expert
CCCarole

I would recommend sending an email to the We Can Help Team with all the details and see if they can help you with this.

.Please include all of the following in your email:

Service address

A link to this Thread

A detailed description of the problems

New Visitor
newenglander2

UPDATE: comcast contacted me after this post and credited my account $200. I feel like they are making an effort to be a good business. My only complaint now was all the phone/chat time with nobody suggesting contacting Nancy's (the person who helped me) group.

Finally :womanvery-happy:

New Visitor
masar1

Nelson and Galvtexguy, I am in the exact same boat as you. Nelson, you made your case and your experience is identical to mine. Let's take them to court together and get a save 50% in legal fees :smileyhappy:.

My story, another bait and switch datapoint:

The 39.99/mo blast plus! W/ HBO promo is what I signed up for as a new customer online and have screenshots and internet chats of. The chat rep the whole time tried to sell me on a completely different promotion after he declared this particular promo wasn't in my area. After spending literally 2 hours chatting and escalating with a chat supervisor, I had confirmation that the promo would be honored. What actually happened was the chat rep actually changed my order to Blast internet only, no TV. I didn't learn this until the technician arrived with only a modem in hand.   I call to explain over the phone with the retention department and I am told everything will get cleared up and I will receive a call on Monday 1/14 for a tech to come back and complete my order.  No one called me back, so I attempted to call Tuesday night but the hold time was literally 1.5 hours, so I hang up.  I called back earlier this evening and the hold time was about 45, but I waited to speak to someone thinking I could get things cleared up. Nothing, just a waist of hours of my time. 

Comcast has structured itself in a way where no employee of the company has accountability for any action they take or words they say, and are powerless to resolve service and billing issues, and yet I'm hopeful to get through to them. 

New Visitor
Antfolk

[ Edited ]

Well a follow up to my post.  My next bill turned out to  be $50.48.  Not as bad as the $160 earlier, but it's still not the $39.99 promised. I understand there is tax, but I don't understand what the "Other Charges & Credits" means and why that costs me an additional $5.99.

And I still have not seen anything resolved about the extra $50 set up fee I ended up having to pay when they told me I wouldn't have to pay it. That was one deciding factor over me choosing comcast over, say centrury link. I didn't want to have those more expensive set up fees. I had a friend call on my behalf and bring up that point. They told me I'd get that $50 back, but I've yet to see it and I've given them a good three weeks wait.

Email Expert
CCCarole

If you aren't getting anywhere by calling 1-800 comcast and speaking with someone in the Billing Department, you can send an email to:

Please include all of the following in your email:

Service address

A link to this Thread

A detailed description of the problems

Visitor
fixed_income

I don't understand why comcast can't operate like my cell phone company MetroPCS. I have a plan and I am charged a certain amount each and every month. It does not fluxuate with the wind. If I add features, I am charged more, obviously but if I stay within my basic play, I know exactly how much I will be charged each month. This is reliable information that I can count on, unlike the cost of gasoline or the cost of COMCAST...!

For too many months I have to call each time I get billed and have it adjusted. Every time, I am assured it will be fixed, yet it never is for more than a month... The problem continues and continues. I am on a fixed income. I need to budget my money carefully. Each month I call and tell you that I need to keep my bill under $100 because I cannot afford to keep paying higher and higher amounts each month. Last month my bill was $86 which is manageable. This month it jumped to $127 which is way over my budget. 

I need to contact someone who can make sure that my bill never goes above what I have money to pay! My husband is on disability and we both get social security. Comcast is eating up more than 16% of our fixed income amount for pretty basic stuff. We have no premium packages and the slowest internet we could get for the lowest rate. We don't rent on-demand movies! We need to budget a fixed amount because that is what we get... I am very frustrated at the bait & switch tactics of comcast, month after month after month... Why can't I have a contract? Maybe then, they would honor it... They obviously know how to make money but haven't a clue how to keep their word...!

Silver Problem Solver
commanguy

fixed_income

Try the email address in CCCaroles posting. And so you know the forums are mainly manned by fellow customers. You are not talking to any one from Comcast here.

At times a Comcast employee may post something on the forums and their username would be in RED.

Try the email. Those people will get someone local to call you back and work with you.

Contributor
sharks57

I too have been scammed with the illegal sales tatcics by Comcast. I ordered the basic economy package via phone and was told my price was 19.95/mo and the promotion for new customers was free Showtime for 3 months. I verified with the sales agent that this price would not change and he said no, the promotion was the Showtime only and I would need to call prior to the 3 month period to cancel the Showtime if I did not want it. Well, I called in month 2 and said I will not want the Showtime after the promo period ends. Comcast immediately cancelled the Showtime! After numerous calls they turned it back on and finally got it right.

At the end of 6 months the price on my basic economy package went up to 39/mo so I called and spent countless hours on the phone to try and correct this. They ended up giving me the 19/mo for another six months but I asked them to pull the sales call so I wouldn't have to go thru this again in six months. The six months is here and my bill has again gone up to 39/mo and I have contacted them again on the phone. A supervisor was supposed to call me yesterday but of course nobody called.

I only want what you told me I would get!!! Nothing more nothing less. Pull the sales call!! This is illegal. I cancelled a perfectly good dish provider to save money and now you are billing me the same thing I was paying except I had a ton more channels with them.

Contributor
sharks57

It's 4 o'clock the day after I was to hear back from a supervisor. No call yet. My gut tells me that the supervisors don't want to get involved in issues that they know they are wrong on or they have no authority to correct these wrongdoings. Come on, review the sales call! It's pretty easy.

Contributor
sharks57

masar1 said it best in the last paragraph here. Nobody at Comcast is accountable for any action or words they say or do. Well said and that sums it up. This company's customer service policies go against everything I learned in business school and would make CEO's from most companies cringe! They are way to disjointed to know what anyone esle in the company is doing and this is by design.

Visitor
fixed_income

I faxed and emailed the corporate office.

Got a phone call from a woman.

She only reiterated the same baloney the sales reps told me.

They get around "bait & switch" by calling their come-ons "promotions" and they get away with it...

Nothing will change.

I asked why I can't have a contract and a fixed fee for a year and she said because they are always upgrading their systems and services as technology changes, they have to adjust their billing scales and promotions accordingly to match increases in their costs (like gas, etc.) and pass on the hikes to consumers so they can continue to make billions! (my interpretation of what she actually said). :smileycool:

New Visitor
amattioli

Same thing has happened to me. I tried to call to change to a different promotion and they said I couldn't. Even though I never signed a contract, and was told when I signed up I could change promtions. After calling and telling customer service that I wanted to change and being told I could save $5 by going from digital preffered to digital starter I told them to forget it and Ill just continue my current service. I got home today and am missing the preffered channels. I am furious. I paid my bill yesterday for preffered and I do not have it. This has got to be illegal. 

Contributor
sharks57

Its now Thursday and I was supposed to get a call on Monday from a supervisor. No word yet. I guess I will have to call again and spend an hour or two of my life again on the phone with little or no possiblility of getting this resolved. They refuse to pull this sales call and tell me I am right. This company is really re-writing the meaning of customer service. Does anyone know where you file a formal complaint for this bait and switch sales tactic. Is it the FTC or FCC or thru the state?

Contributor
sharks57

This is ridiculous. I emailed the we can help site this morning and actually got a call today. They said they were from the administration department which seems like they might actually want to help. I went thru my story of bait and switch again for the hundreth time, and she proceeded to tell me that what I ordered was a promotion and that they have the right to increase their package prices. Really? Double the price in 6 months? Now I told her that all we had to do was pull the sales call and this would all be resolved. I know what the guy told me or I would not have cancelled my Dish which I already fullfilled the contract! Now, after over 6 months of asking for them to pull the call, she has the nerve of telling me that the call may be too old to pull!!!!

This is just another line of defense by a large "too big to fail" company, by an employee who has no authority do to anything. I am sick and tired of being taken advantage of by these companies! It goes against everything American.

She said that she would call back so I will give her the benefit of doubt but I will not hold my breath. These companies and these employee's absolutely know what is going on with the illegal sales tactics. Not quite sure how these folks sleep at night.

Visitor
fixed_income

I also wanted to file a federal complaint but after some exhaustive research discovered that the none of the federal agencies have any control over pricing, etc. That is governed by a "local franchise authority" set up by each state, hence the differences from one market area to another. They are getting around the monopoly rule by breaking up their pricing structure state by state, and of course the state complies for sooooooo many reasons, all $$$.

--in miami

Visitor
fixed_income

... Kind of reminds me of when thry  broke up Ma Bell into a bunch of little local companies, etc., only comcast doesn't need to be "broken up" that way, they accomplish the same - largely symbolic - gesture for PR purposes through the local franchise authority and with each state's blessing!

Recognized Contributor

fixed_income wrote:

I also wanted to file a federal complaint but after some exhaustive research discovered that the none of the federal agencies have any control over pricing, etc. That is governed by a "local franchise authority" set up by each state, hence the differences from one market area to another. They are getting around the monopoly rule by breaking up their pricing structure state by state, and of course the state complies for sooooooo many reasons, all $$$.

--in miami

Comcast is exceptionally skilled at lobbying local governments ("franchise authorities"), offering incentives to the local franchise authority such as providing them with free high-end video equipment for videotaping city council meetings for telecast on the local-government channel. 

Comcast is superb at influencing local government officials with various types of assistance to earn their confidence.  Campaign contributions to local elected officials is an example.

A small handful of communities around the U.S. do have serious, tough, pro-consumer watchdogs in their local franchise authorities.  Unfortunately, these are few and far between. 

Regulation of satellite TV providers is even weaker than for cable companies.  If you are unwilling to install an antenna (preferably an outdoor antenna on your home's roof) and limit yourself to local over-the-air stations, your best bet is keep a very, very, very close eye on your Comcast bill each and every month, and if necessary downgrade to the Limited Basic service tier that FCC regulations allow local franchise authorities some ability to control.

New Visitor
mwilliam

Same here.

I just worked with 2 different reps and finally came to an agreement on the Starter XF DoublePlay for 89.99.  

Then I was told "This is not available in your area."  

"Why not?"  I asked...No response given.  

"Where is it available?"  ...No response given.  

"But you qualify for the Starter XF TriplePlay!"  

"...You don't say..."

How is this not a bait and switch?  We're talking about digital signals here, not Black Friday Electronics.  This is fraud, and I have filed a complaint with my state's attorney general.

Funniest part is, TV/Internet is not a necessity to me, albeit something I would like to have.  Internet is, but I can pay 40/month for 100Mbps fiber optics.  So in the end, Comcast will be getting $0 from me instead of $89.99 as advertised plus fees and taxes.  Bad business.  

They're operating like they're in medical or something––someone needs to step in and stop this monopoly madness.

New Visitor
cleevans

Just got the bait and switch here too.  Funny I put comcast bait and switch in and this came right up.  I'll be dropping comcast.  They told me to go online to get a better deal and when I did I saw a GREAT deal for only 34.99.  After going through the whole process and online rep starts chatting with me and says the promotion I was offered even though I was logged in and the system KNEW I was a customer,  wasn't available to me as an existing customer but I could get it for 61.99 instead.  Pathetic that they would still try to even sell it to me.

Goodbye comcast, I'll make sure to post this on social media as well.

New Visitor

Wow same thing happened to me, was repacking my deal guy was telling me it be in the 170s, I get disconnected sadly, get back to comcast. That call never happened, not on their list, even though on my cellphone I have the call, pfft figure that and pack up to 220 dollars a month. Gooo comcast!

New Visitor
excustomertobe

Bait and switch is the name of the game for Comcast.  I agreed to a offer from one of your phone solicitors to upgrade my existing internet to higher speed and add xfinity.  Price quoted 49.95 plus tax plus equipment rental.  A few days later I received the self install kit and an email saying there would be a tech by to install the next day between 3 and 5.  I got online with you guys and said I didn't need a tech to install and I couldn't be there between 3 and 5 anyway (no one ever coordinated that with me before hand).  The online help person said she would cancel the service call, I installed the box and was ready to activate.  None of the automated activation tries worked.  No error msg of any type, just never worked.  I tried to call the help phone number but got a message to call back the next day.  I did so and spent hours on the phone getting passed around, put on hold, and hung up on.  Nobody could figure out why it wouldn't activate.  I Got disconnected while on hold 3 different times and disconnected in the middle of a sentence with one of the many reps.  No one ever tried to call me back so I got to start over with the automated system and the repetative questions and attempted upselling (no, I don't want phone service or an upgraded TV package, just in case your on the same script) with a new rep every time.  I finally got to someone in billing who figured out that the rep who cancelled the service call also cancelled the promotional offer.  I said no problem, open the file and reset it or whatever needed to be done.  That's when the reps started telling me that since they had inadvertantly cancelled that promotion they could only offer me the 79.95 promotion for the same package.  I went through a series of reps who all told me the same, no 49.95 just 79.95 and up depending on what package they were selling at the moment (no, I still don't want phone service or an upgraded TV package, just in case your on the same script).  The last time I got disconnected while waiting for yet another rep while on hold and I had to leave to go to work.  Time on the phone - nearly three hours counting the automated activation attempts and the time wasted calling the help line.   I called back from work and asked for a supervisor and told the rep I did not want to talk to anyone except a supervisor and did not want to be put on hold.  I wanted him to stay on the line until I was connected to a supervisor.  He STILL tried to sell me a different package and put me on hold anyway!  Finally I was connected to an activation supervisor named Joe - employee number 49699 - and told him the whole sad story.  I told him I didn't have time to set on the phone any more and requested he pull up my files and look at what I had been offered and all the calls I made.  I told him he could be the hero and get me activated for the price offered or I was done.  I told him if the system was activated by the time I got home that evening I would be happy and sing his praises.  If not, then I was going throw the whole self install kit in the trash and we were done.  When I got home the system was not activated and the hardware is now sitting in the dumpster outside my house.  I never received a call back from anyone and the automated activations system doesn't even recognize my phone number anymore.    The trash guys don't pick up until next Friday so you have that long to fix this or we are truly done.  I don't want a long response from you, just an email or a phone call telling me the system will activate. And no - I STILL don't want phone service or an upgraded TV package, just in case your on the same script.   Impress me.  Fix this.      wbgrubel@gmail.com  (801) 566-6138.

Contributor
NoMoreCC

yeah, because the we care email does any good what so ever. ive emailed them several times now about how my wife and I were treated and I have yet to receive a single response. it is complete s**t. at least i am getting a reply, albiet at crappy robotic reply, from some guy on twitter that works at comcast.

your company is PATHETIC.

everyone take comfort in knowing that Comcast treats its shareholders (>1% shareholder) the EXACT same crappy way as everyone else. at least they are consistent :-)

New Visitor
DirtyDeal

On May 21, 2013, I phoned Comcast and spoke to operator V2Q

V2Q offered me
- Starter Double Play for $69.99 for ONE YEAR (12 MONTHS)
- FREE HBO for ONE YEAR (12 MONTHS)
- FREE Showtime for 3 months

So I signed up.

I find out now that Comcast recorded my deal as follows:
- Starter Double Play for $69.99 for 6 months
- Free HBO for 3 months
- Showtime $5 for 3 months

EVERYTHING OPERATOR V2Q TOLD ME WAS A LIE.

I spoke to operator Andy YU5 on 8/21/13 and she extended free HBO to 6 months. That was the best she can do.

I WANT THE DEAL I WAS OFFERED -- THAT'S WHY I SIGNED UP.

Comcast should make good on V2Q's promises. Supposedly, the conversation with V2Q was recorded.

In case you ever wondered, this is why people hate Comcast.

PS Very happy this thread can be Googled looking for "Comcast bait and switch" for all the world to see.

New Visitor
IOANNIS1

SAME HERE...

I am a NEW costumer and I got an offer for Digital Starter with HBO, Showtime, HD DVR, Blast internet etc, for 9 months for 79.99, and self installation. I call their service and they said my order was complete so I can go pick up my dvr (own modem).

After picking up my equipment from the local store, I come back to a box from Comcast with a modem and dvr.

So I call comcast and they said that I should take it back.

I take the equipment back and the store and by this point I knew something is wrong, so I ask to verify again my package.. Turns out I am in the digital preferred, with only 3 months of HBO, and no hd service, no Blast.  

After calling the people with my order confirmation number they said that it was indeed the offer I have, but someone put me down for a different (less appealing) package.. so I should call cancellations and get them to "repackage" my deal..

Now, I have called the cancellation people, but they do not believe I had a deal, because their office cannot see nor has access to the verified order I initially got, and they are giving me the runaround.. eve told me to fax them my offer -i offered to email it (who has a fax machine in their house, or has the time to deal with all these hurdles).

I also just checked my account online, what do you know? 98 dollars fee for package and equipment, even though I had an offer that had self install and self pickup.

Also, it appears that whoever gave me the wrong deal, did not know my number, and arbitrarily enter a random number for my account, causing me to not be able to activate things (luckily i saw that number on the ups box and used it to activate). That someone also completely misspelled my name... I'm not making any accusations here, but this is waaayyy too fishy..

Still on the phone with cancellations.. still being told they have to find the deal, which is online right now..

Moral of the story: STAY AWAY FROM COMCAST, if you have the choice!!!

New Visitor
DirtyDeal

[ Edited ]

I've been going back and forth since Wednesday, Aug 21 with the @comcastcares crew on Twitter (@ComcastPete, @ComcastOrlando, @ComcastMattV, etc.). Somebody was supposed to get back to me in one working day. Did this happen? No.

Now they say Comcast "local leadership" is supposed to contact me today. Nothing yet.

There's something very familiar about Comcast support transplanted to social media....

PS Oh yeah, never heard ANYTHING from We_can_help@cable.comcast.com -- not a confirmation of message received, nothing.

New Visitor
dfiremann

I wish I would have googled this search before I tried to upgrade tonight.  Same as the rest of you.  

#1)  I find out their online monthly price of the performance package is 11 bucks a month  LESS than what I have been paying.

#2)  When I spend hours trying to upgrade to BLAST, after they say "congrats"  they say Im now on the hook for 83 bucks, when the online quote that triggered the whole process read 70.

#3)  When I ask her how, she responds, that promo is no longer valid.  Wait, that promo is what triggered my "add to cart"?

This is what 12 years of loyalty gets you.

Good news is I just married a lawyer.  And I screen shotted the whole conversation.  No wonder these guys finish in the bottom 5 of JD power every year.

Please, God, just give me a different option than these people.  And thank you, for letting my circle of direct friends being 4000 people (military) who are about to get a customer fraud advisory memorandum from their Brigade Commander.

New Visitor
rainpanda

NOTE: I have read several of these posts and I haven't seen anyone post whether they've had any good result filing a complaint with FCC, BBB or anyone else. I wonder if anybody has tried contacting a class action law firm which I've been considering. For every one of the posts that are here is probably a thousand people who didn't take the time to complain online in a forum. Here's my story.

Early in December 2013 I was quoted a price to add phone services to my TV and Internet for a triple play. The price they gave me was actually going to be less than what I have been paying for no phone service and I would have unlimited domestic long distance which I didn't have my then current phone option.I felt like that quote was a little bit too good to be true so I asked for it in writing an email and they sent me an email summarizing the projected monthly bill with all taxes included etc.

I'm using a tablet and part of my message just disappeared and I can't bring it back up again but it's apparently below the level that I'm typing it now, so please forgive the disjointedness of the message I can't see that I'm creating. Anyway on a computer that I no longer have I had received an email apparently while I was in the hospital summarizing my requested new services summary which told me that I was going to be paying 85 dollars more per month than I had been quoted, effective with service is starting in April. I started trying to reach people to question what was going onand kept getting the runaround from billing and sales and finally remembered that I had an executive phone number and name from a previous problem I had had with Comcast, so I tried calling that person who, who wason sabbatical, so I left a message for another executive to call me during certain hours that I told them that I could be reached. of course the person who called did so at 730 in the morning and I was not quite awake when I was trying to talk to him about the problem. Eventually he said he would send me an email with his email address in it so that I could send him a copy of the email I have received showing the original pricing for my triple play that was supposed to be good for a year. I have a very low fixed income and I would never ever have agreed to paying 85 dollars more for the services that they quoted me less than half that much for. Mr executive told me that he was going to review it and try to set it right, but he's not communicating with me after I sent the requested email summary of my year promotion that lasted less than 3 months before they more than doubled my cost. by the way they didn't wait until starting effective with April servies to increase the cost. I got a bill for more than double what I was quoted was the bottom line Monday, a week before April starts.

Classic bait and switch with no apparent concern about contsequences, so I think there has to be some way for all of us to band together if the BBB and FCC complaints are not resolving anyone's bait and switch problems. And meanwhile, I have a bill that I can't pay because of my low income and because I never would have accepted a deal in that financial neighborhood. does anyone here have a relative or good friend working in a good class action law firm? Look forward to checking back here if I get a notice that there is response. Can't help but wonder how many more thousands of people are out there who didn't bother to pursue the frustrating, headche-prone activist avenue. satellite isn't an option for me unfortunately because I'm in the apartment complex that won't allow it.

...Nearly driven crazy by Comcast, but still hve a bit of fight in me despite recovering from a harrowing recent hopitalizationjj, during which, of course, I couldn't partake of my Comcast services anyway.

I was admitted to the hospital Christmas Eve day,  nearly died, 5 surgeries while I was in there, got home and found out that the fireman who emergently evacuated me to the hospital while I was unresponsive with no pulse and no blood pressure. several weeks later after I was just charged I discovered my computer had accidentally been destroyed by the firemen, which really didn't upset me that much because they saved my life and my computer is old regardless of the fact that it was fully functional despite being older thn reasonable.

Bronze Star Contributor
wchillman

I keep it simple with Comcast. No way they can bait and switch me. I pay $49.95/month for great TV and internet with no junk fees or pricing shenanigans. It’s called Performance Starter and the price is fixed until February of 2015. I’ve posted about it elsewhere on the Comcast site and you can click on this link to read more…

http://forums.comcast.com/t5/XfinityTV-Website/WE-WANT-NETFLIX-SUPER-HD/td-p/1691409

New Visitor
mawyer9106

The same thing happened to me! I've only been with them since the end of Februaury. I even asked them to make sure the billing date is after the 15th of the month. Two women said it could happen. Once it was setup its now on the 1st. Which is no good. So I didn't get my 250 visa card, my bill is actually $134 a month. So well over what was discussed. And at least once a week since I've had the service it has gone out on me. It's getting to a point I'm looking elsewhere!

New Visitor
anij

Bait and Switch. That seems to describe it well. We have had the DoublePlay since we moved. (About a year and a half) We were not getting any introductory specials that would expire or anything like that. Suddenly last month the DoublePlay disappeaed from out bill and we are now being charged for everything a la carte. So, suddenly we are paying over $47 more a month for EXACTLY THE SAME SERVICE!!! There have been no changes to our service, nothing!!! Since we accidently missed the payment date the month before and our last month bill had two months on it, I really didn't notice until the bill for this month showed up. I will be calling for them to fix this first thing tomorrow morning but I am still really upset. I shouldn't have to. Where do they get off changing your bill like that without any warning? As it is we pay way too much for what we get. And now they are charging us more. I am about to go back to an antenna and get the rest of my tv from the internet. Enough already!

New Visitor
A_B_E

I JUST filled out a complaint with the BBB for this same issue- but the reverse scenario (I called to verify the price of an "online only" "exclusive" deal- but when I read the "details and restrictions" it had different pricing terms that what the deal promised. I called to complain and the rep gave me the run around and got very defensive

I will save going into the details, but I'm basically like you- so over Comcast after being a loyal customer for many years. Clearly that means nothing.
New Visitor
RR-DePaul

That is exactly how they work.. in our case we've been with Comcast for 10+ years but they knew we were considering moving to ATT because staying with Comcast is just too expensive .. so they "GAVE" us Free HBO/Show .. no strings attached.  Except that they did not mention that it put us under contract with them for two years where they could freely up-charge us and we couldn't leave with out paying excessive contrace termination fees.  It's a real shame when a company has to stoop so low as to cheat your loyal customers into staying with you and stealing out of their pockets until they can get out from under your unlawful sneaky tricks.  GOD Help them !!