Contributor
Afshari

Bandwidth Cap?

Quick question here, I recently read an article on LifeHacker about a list of ISP's and their current situation on Bandwidth Caps.

Is the Comcast bandwidth cap still suspended? I still have the meter showing up in my User Panel but is the Bandwidth Cap of 300 GB not enforced at the moment?

Thanks.

Silver Problem Solver
rog286713

Re: Bandwidth Cap?

unless you have been notified that you are back on the cap its still suspended.

Contributor
Afshari

Where would I be notified? I still see the meter in my User and Preferences Portal does this mine it's still on?

Connection Expert
EG

Afshari wrote:

Where would I be notified? I still see the meter in my User and Preferences Portal does this mine it's still on?

847492.png

Do you or do you not see the text that is outlined here in red under your meter ?

Contributor
Afshari

I do not.

Mine looks like this.

http://puu.sh/1bt4T

How come? I'm on the Triple Bundle Plan. TV, Internet, and Phone.

Connection Expert
EG

Where are you (general area) ?

Gold Problem Solver
BruceW

Afshari wrote: I do not. Mine looks like this. [link to Usage Meter image showing 16GB of 300GB] ...

Comcast has so far begun two trials of alternate approaches to excessive use, one in Nashville, and one in Tucson. If you are in one of those markets, please see http://customer.comcast.com/help-and-support/internet/data-usage-what-are-the-different-plans-launch....

Contributor
Afshari

I live in Brentwood, TN which is about 10 minutes away from Nashville.

Contributor
Afshari

Does this mean no unmetered bandwidth for me? How come it's only Nashville and Tucson getting these increased bandwidths?

Gold Problem Solver
BruceW

Comcast has said they would notify customers in the trial areas what to expect. You might check your last few billing statements to see if there's any info there: http://customer.comcast.com/Secure/MyAccount/.

More information on the Nashville trial can be found at http://customer.comcast.com/help-and-support/internet/data-usage-plans-nash/.

Email Expert
CCCarole

You may want to read this as well.  Note the links as well.

Excessive Use of Internet Data

Updated 8/7/2012 2:01:39 PM by Comcast Expert

Introduction

Questions and Answers About Our Data Usage Plan

IMPORTANT UPDATE (May 17, 2012): Effective immediately, we've decided to change our Data Usage Plan and replace our 250 GB monthly data usage allowance with a more flexible one. Our goal is to provide options that benefit consumers while also ensuring that all of our customers enjoy the best possible Internet experience over our high-speed data service. In the next few months, we are going to launch improved data usage management approaches that are in step with plans that other Internet service providers in the market are using and will provide our customers with more choice and flexibility than our current plan.  More information can be found in the Q&A below.

Need Email Help? Please post the following information in your post.
Do you use XfinityConnect? The Full or Lite version?
Do you use an email client? Which one? (Eg; Windows Live mail, Outlook, a smartphone etc.)
Which browser/version do you use? And- have you cleared your browser cache?
Which operating system? XP, Vista, Windows 7, Mac OS X
Details of the problem you are having.

Contributor
Afshari

Alright, so it appears as if the portal for the Comcast has changed. Mine has at least and under the User and Preferences where the meter is usually located it is not there for me.

Anybody's elses portal updated to a new design? Where is the new meter located?

Contributor
BGant65

Afshari,  Sign into your account, go to "overview" page, click on the blue box at the bottom "manage equipment".

Recognized Contributor
MissyLaneous

Where is the "manage equipment" bit on the Overview page?  I sure don't have that when I signed into my account.

Thanks in advance.

Act.PNG

Or is this missing bandwith meter still an issue with only some subscribers?

BruceW

[ Edited ]

MissyLaneous wrote: Where is the "manage equipment" bit on the Overview page? ...

My Account Overview page looks like this:

AcctOvrvw1.png

BTW, I can't see the image you posted. For me, it looks like a triangle within a square, like this:

Act.PNG

Recognized Contributor
MissyLaneous

OverviewBruceW,

Trying again with snip of my account overview page (saved as .jpg).  All I saw on yours was a triangle, too.

Thanks.

BruceW

[ Edited ]

Well this is a fine how-dee-do. I still can't see the images you posted. I've been using Firefox, so I pulled up the page in IE8. When I did that, I still couldn't see your images, and the one I posted got the triangle-in-a-square treatment!

I edited the IMG SRC tag in my message (to remove "&px=-1" from the URL) and now I can see my Overview image in both browsers. No idea why I can't view the images you posted -- I assume you can see them OK?

Anyone else having trouble seeing Missy's images or mine?

Edit: My image is still messed up in IE. One time it shows up, next time not. ???

Recognized Contributor
MissyLaneous

BruceW, for what it's worth I did the image using that snipping tool.  Once as a .png and next as .jpg.

I can try another image if you can tell me how.  I only have the one brain cell and I think a cat ate it :-)

BruceW

I don't know what to tell you Missy. The snipping tool images should work. I've been using Windows Paint, but I'm still having trouble getting the images to show up in IE8. They're fine in Firefox (although as I said, I can't see your images in either browser).

Try this link: http://home.comcast.net/~LineupPdfIsBroken/AcctOvrvw1.png to view the Account Overview page I'm seeing.

Does the Usage Meter Details link https://customer.comcast.com/Secure/UsageMeterDetail.aspx work for you?

Recognized Contributor
MissyLaneous

Well YAHOOOOZIE, BruceW !! 

Your second link (Usage meter) WORKS !!  Still don't have the "my equipment" icon at the bottom of my Overview page, but have bookmarked the link.

*blows kazoo*

BruceW

Thank goodness something's working!  :smileywink:

New Visitor
SanFrans

[ Edited ]

300gb is lowI heard here in Bay Area on almost all my co-workers who switched from comcast to 

Sonic.netthey have no usage Caps which I am considering because even though I used almost less than 

1gb a month for 3 months in this yearI started netflix trial and my usage went to 228gb this oct 2012

http://www.diigo.com/item/image/1nlws/qxes?size=o,

and I did'nt even watch netflix everyday. I will try to watch my usage, and If I almost reach my 300gb I 

might consider Sonic.net, I just don't want overage charges, it just feel like I am being rob imo. But right

now they haven't implemented it here in Bay Area so I am sticking with comcast.

New Visitor
orundi

[ Edited ]

whoever pulled the 300gb cap out of their hat is a complete fool in 2013.

we have multiple comps in most houses. we have web enabled tv's. we have wifi on our cells so we don't eat up our data plans.

3 users streaming 2 movies a day will crush your 300 gb cap.

i am being robbed by the arbitrary charges brought about by this attemt at making us stream the xfinity content (cause it does not count against your bandwidth). i have had to swich to business class and lower my bandwidth for double the amount to beat the cap rules.

stop this now. you are not helping anyone by pushing us to "your content". all you have done is create one more angry customer that loved your product untill you stole from me.