Contributor

COMCAST SUCKS OR XFINITY

BEEN A CUSTOMER WITH COMCAST FOR YEARS OR XFINITY .THIS WEEK I HAD NO PHONE OR INTERNET I CALLED THEM FROM A CELL PHONE .PROBLEM IN MY AREA HOW LONG WILL IT BE FIX 20MIN THEY TELL ME 12HRS LATER IT FINALLY WENT BACK ON I LIVED WITH A 70 YR OLD WITH MEDICAL PROBLEMS. NEW CUSTOMER ARE TREATED WITH VISA CARDS DISCOUNT WHILE I GET S--T.VERIZON WILL BE CALLED THIS WEEK AS FAIRPOINT AND DISK TV.THAT YOU FOR YOUR'RE LOYALTY TO YOUR'RE CUSTOME ,THAT WAS A JOKE.
Regular Contributor
draybook

Re: COMCAST SUCKS OR XFINITY

I agree. Ever since they went to Xfinity the service is terrible. Our On Demand hasn't worked since then, and our cable modem keeps dropping signal at least 3 or 4 times a day. Every time I contact customer service, they give me the same standard "reset the boxes" spiel. U-Verse isn't ready in our neighborhood, or else I'd be gone. We're either waiting for them or just going to cancel.

Email Expert
CCCarole

draybook wrote:

I agree. Ever since they went to Xfinity the service is terrible. Our On Demand hasn't worked since then, and our cable modem keeps dropping signal at least 3 or 4 times a day. Every time I contact customer service, they give me the same standard "reset the boxes" spiel. U-Verse isn't ready in our neighborhood, or else I'd be gone. We're either waiting for them or just going to cancel.

draybook:

Have you had a Tech come out?  You should.  You might also want to piost your signals in tthe Connection Forum where one of the Connection Experts might be able to assist you too.

Need Email Help? Please post the following information in your post.
Do you use XfinityConnect? The Full or Lite version?
Do you use an email client? Which one? (Eg; Windows Live mail, Outlook, a smartphone etc.)
Which browser/version do you use? And- have you cleared your browser cache?
Which operating system? XP, Vista, Windows 7, Mac OS X
Details of the problem you are having.

New Visitor
tat24

I agree.  Xfinity sucks.  I called when they first switched to Xfinity to complain about several things (one was the annoying adversiting banners on the guide at each page!), and you get this pre-recorded message about "we listened to our customers and we've made improvements".  That's a joke because we all know this is all about money, not the customers.  They offered me free HBO for a year so I took it but now my DVR freezes after playing a recorded show, or while trying to set up a recording, and then shuts down in the loudest most obnoxous sound.  My dogs jump every time.  Then when cable comes back on, there's no sound for at least 3 minutes.  HBO won't make up for this so U-verse here I come!

Email Expert
CCCarole

tat24 wrote:

I agree.  Xfinity sucks.  I called when they first switched to Xfinity to complain about several things (one was the annoying adversiting banners on the guide at each page!), and you get this pre-recorded message about "we listened to our customers and we've made improvements".  That's a joke because we all know this is all about money, not the customers.  They offered me free HBO for a year so I took it but now my DVR freezes after playing a recorded show, or while trying to set up a recording, and then shuts down in the loudest most obnoxous sound.  My dogs jump every time.  Then when cable comes back on, there's no sound for at least 3 minutes.  HBO won't make up for this so U-verse here I come!

Have you had a Tech out? You may want to post in the TV Service & Equipment Forum regarding you issues and see if one of the Experts can help you.  LINK

Do you use an email client? Which one? (Eg; Windows Live mail, Outlook, a smartphone etc.)

New Visitor

my phone service has been out for 2 days.. I just get a recorded message from comcast...what area are you in?

Email Expert
CCCarole

Have you tried resetting the phone modem?  There is a reset area on the back of the phone modem.  Use a paperclip end, or pen, and push it in to reset it.  If that doesn't work, and you can't get through to Comcast by phone at all...

Try Tweeting to @comcastcares or email to we_can_help@comcast.com

Regular Contributor
draybook

Have I had a tech come out? Heck no, I'm not paying a $45 fee for them to come fix something they screwed up. This Xfiniity that they PUSHED on us without asking is the problem. For instance, yesterday my cable modem dropped 8 times during the day. I've been on it for 40 minutes now and it's already dropped twice. My On Demand still doesn't work. I'm not paying for them to fix their own junk. If I do then they need to take that off of the blll. I pay for service, and I'm not getting it. I'm ready to leave them. Someone let me know when they're Time Warner again, at least they cared.

Silver Problem Solver
commanguy

draybook

You can always call and have them check the signal level coming into your house. Exterior checks on their lines don't cost the customer a service call. Since you have ongoing issues it would be one thing to have checked out. And if you tell them you only want the exterior signals coming into your house checked you wouldn't even need to stick around.

Just an option, had that done when I was losing total picture and sound on all channels once.

Regular Visitor

You now must watch a 40 second ad first before Xfinity will let you watch a minute and a half video,yes.greedy and dopy Xfinity SUCKS more and more each day......

Cable Expert
i-am-nerdburg

draybook wrote:

Have I had a tech come out? Heck no, I'm not paying a $45 fee for them to come fix something they screwed up. 

You want to complain that nothing works but you don't want anyone to come out and fix it? That's completely unreasonable. Cable systems have come a long way, but they still aren't magically self-repairing.

"Screws fall out all the time, the world is an imperfect place. " John Bender

Service Expert
Queen-Evie

isight_88 wrote:

You now must watch a 40 second ad first before Xfinity will let you watch a minute and a half video,yes.greedy and dopy Xfinity SUCKS more and more each day......

The greedy ones are the providers of the videos-Fox, ABC, etc. THEY are the ones who insert the ads into the videos. What are they thinking-taking money from Oil of Olay to show an Olay ad in a video??!!

Comcast has no control over what the providers provide. Comcast has no way to remove the ads.

Videos from the Comcast site are not the only ones with ads. I seen a lot from ABC site which have ads.

Comcast employees must be authorized to post in the forum in an official capacity. Employees posting here have their names in red and are designated as employees. Names not in red are customers.

This is done to protect customers and for assurance that they are dealing with a Comcast employee.
Non-Authorized Employees are allowed to post but cannot state they are employees nor can they allude to being employees.

Cable Expert
i-am-nerdburg

I know! I used to really laugh at failblog.org, but they do the same thing now. Many times the ads are longer than the clips. I just don't bother watching them anymore.

Service Expert
Queen-Evie

I rarely watch any news or so-called news videos online.

But I did get curious and actually conducted an experiment.

I picked a random video from Comcast. The video was supplied by Fox. At the beginning was an ad for a new ABC show, Revenge.

I next went to the Fox News website. I found the SAME video. The ad in it was for tuna.

Fox News, shame on you for subjecting people to ads for new shows and tuna so you can add money to your coffers.

Comcast employees must be authorized to post in the forum in an official capacity. Employees posting here have their names in red and are designated as employees. Names not in red are customers.

This is done to protect customers and for assurance that they are dealing with a Comcast employee.
Non-Authorized Employees are allowed to post but cannot state they are employees nor can they allude to being employees.

Contributor

[ Edited ]

"You want to complain that nothing works but you don't want anyone to come out and fix it? That's completely unreasonable. "

No. What is unreasonable is a company that decides what product you want and then crams it down your throat when they know darn well their aged and faulty infrastructure can't handle it. Here you have many homes with three TVs and a modem and Comcast knows it. Then after you install their boxes and junk and start having problems with their gear and infrastructure they tell you that the wiring and connections they installed in your home may require you to pay a service call to have it fixed - just because they decided so. Did Comcast warn anyone before the conversion that they were likely going to put the screws to thousands of customer? Heck no - they just decided they would let the customers pick up the tab for their failure to implement a system that was actually planned and tested. After all, if the analog Comcast was having issues what made them think the digital plan was going to result in a greater level of reliability or stability across their vast and faultering network infrastructure?

Now when customers call for service one of the first things they hear is a pitch for a service call that will cost them money. The geniuses at customer service have ESP and already have decided that the 95 percent of issues that are actually outside the home are now an internal issue at your house.  The amazing thing is that they still miss appointments even when charging the customer.  There is absolutely nothing reasonable about a company that thinks they are going to steamroller their customers will a load of complete junk and think the customer is going to pick up the tab and/or pay additional service fees as a result of Comcast's terrible planning and implementation.

In the past two years three broadband and four TV companies have become available in my market and competition will soon permeate the entire country. How many customers are going to put up with Comcast's shennanigans when other companies come to your house, install,  test before they leave and actually do deliver a much higher uptime on services?

What is unreasonable is a company that has monopilized markets for years and never, ever, learned what a customer concentric environment is about. It is a proven fact that 85 percent of customers who leave a company do so becasue they perceive a lack of empathy in dealing with their issues. Comcast is about to learn a real lesson. They can no longer tree hug those decades old franchises given to them on a silver platter by local politicians. They are going to have to compete is a real viable market. So far they are showing that they can't meet muster. Claiming you have an new and better customer service program and demonstrating that you do are two different things. So far Comcast's implementation is dismal at best.

I assure you that noone signed up for part time, intermittant service, but that is exactly what thousands of Americans are experiencing. If Comcast has not figured out that the level of service provided and thier customer unfriendly attitude is not acceptable they will soon enough. They wanted in the game when they were buying up everything they could grab. Now they dont seem to think they have to deliver what they have been peddling all this time. So who is unreasonable here?  Too bad for Comcast.

Cable Expert
i-am-nerdburg

So what? Everyone should just stay with 50 year old technology because it's too much bother to fix your wiring? You can purchase the insurance and Comcast will rewire your entire house and not charge you anything extra. You only need to keep the insurance for 3 months @ $5 a month. Essentially Comcast is offering to rewire you entire house, if necessary, for a lousy $15.

And statistically speaking 99%+ of all service calls are indeed in the drop system (between the tap and the customer equipment.)

Contributor

So what? Everyone should just stay with 50 year old technology because it's too much bother to fix your wiring?

I never said that. However, perhaps Comcast might have fixed their 50 year old wiring, line amplifiers and electronic infrastructure before implementing digital service.

You can purchase the insurance and Comcast will rewire your entire house and not charge you anything extra. You only need to keep the insurance for 3 months @ $5 a month. Essentially Comcast is offering to rewire you entire house, if necessary, for a lousy $15. 

I only need to do that if I buy into the Comcast program, which is something customers just don't have to do anymore. I suppose I could insure Comcast cable boxes too if they decide that program is needed. Perhaps i could even buy insurance to insure the service I am already paying for if Comcast decides they might be able to pull that off too.  However, my entire house was rewired by AT&T (they actually showed up for an appointment to install). It works incredibly well and rather than maintain the system I just have to grab the remote, turn it on and watch - what a concept.

Although I disagree with your speculation that most service requirements are about internal home issues, I do expect 100 percent of service calls will be all about inside wiring soon. Selling that program is how Comcast intends to swing. In fact I guess all you would have to do is back off the signal level a few milliampres to meet or exceed quota. God knows they have been blowing smoke about internet bandwidth for years. Whether I am simply full of it or even have half a clue will bear out over the next year or two, but I'm pretty sure the growth in alternative service providers vs. the number of households isn't simply an accident. I would suggest that customers prefer working service over Comcast maintenence, customer service  and service quality issues that seem to come up in just about every related blog and forum on the Internet.

Cable Expert
i-am-nerdburg

I never said that. However, perhaps Comcast might have fixed their 50 year old wiring, line amplifiers and electronic infrastructure before implementing digital service.

Comcast has far and away the most advance hybrid fiber/coax system in the world. They have been very proactive about upgrading their system. In fact, their entire business model hinges on having faster/better/newer services that ppl are willing to pay for.  Comcast has always been an early adopter. They were first with PPV, On Demand, DVRs, internet, phone service and most recently DOCSIS 3. Their entire system has been upgraded for digital service and those upgrades started years ago.

I only need to do that if I buy into the Comcast program, which is something customers just don't have to do anymore. I suppose I could insure Comcast cable boxes too if they decide that program is needed. Perhaps I could even buy insurance to insure the service I am already paying for if Comcast decides they might be able to pull that off too. 

It has nothing to do with Comcast. They don't own the wires in your house, you do. If you don't want to pay the cost of fixing the wires, you can buy insurance. This is the same thing phone companies have offered for 75 years. Comcast has never charged to replace their defective equipment.

Although I disagree with your speculation that most service requirements are about internal home issues.

I've worked in the industry for over a decade and I know the figures.

I do expect 100 percent of service calls will be all about inside wiring soon. Selling that program is how Comcast intends to swing.

Really? You think their grand business plan is to rewire people's houses for $15? Sure there is money in insurance, but it is a drop in the bucket to Comcast.

Contributor

[ Edited ]

They were first with PPV, On Demand, DVRs, internet, phone service and most recently DOCSIS 3. Their entire system has been upgraded for digital service and those upgrades started years ago.

Well I can tell you that I had both on demand and SIP/Voip service years before it was available from the cable TV company. Of course I will admit that local cable companies have been passed around between corporations nearly as much as banks. I was not working for Comcast when they were allegedly implementing technology, but nevertheless if they can't consistantly deliver it what is the purpose of the exercise?

There is no doubt Comcast has repeatedly touted increases in internet speed. However, with DOCSIS III implemented  many subscribers aren't even close to seeing consistant original standard speeds, Let alone anything approaching the now legacy DOCSIS II. A lot of this is load balancing, but the old cable just isn't smart enough to deal with the whole darn neighborhood jumping online all at once.

It has nothing to do with Comcast. They don't own the wires in your house, you do

Surely you aren't falling back on the diagnosis that all of these customer service issues are about a bunch of dumb customers with faulty wiring in their homes? So when I used to loose service when it rained, snowed or the wind blew it was all happening with the wiring inside my house huh?

As I have already stated, those wires are working mighty well with AT&T service today. Of course they donated the wires. Comcast donated them too, bet apparently decided I owned them when they decided  I wanted part time digital service at the house. So my choice was run new wiring through my house or go to the competition. Somehow I feel like it isn't about $15.00, but more about the substandard and unacceptable service and arrogance of my old cable company.   Since I don't work and take orders from Comcast  I'll go where I get what I (the paying customer) want, at a competitive price. I will do so without buying into a program that has customers field testng Comcasts equipment everytime it rains or some guy on a pole down the street starts tinkering around. I honestly dont think you cable guys get it.

I've worked in the industry for over a decade and I know the figures.

Then you know why Comcast started their "New" customer service campaign and likely know how well it is not working.

Really? You think their grand business plan is to rewire people's houses for $15?

Please! If you wish to argue at  least use something I actaully said rather than something you said, I said. The 15 dollars only applies if a customer can stand calling and trying to cancel the insurance without hearing the woes and being pitched about other Comcast services. Few customers appreciate that either.*grin  

Comcasts plan is to increase revenue and offset the lost revenue they have been experiencing in the Digital TV business. Regardless of what Comcast wishes to do, there will be customer expectations and thresholds. Right now their posture places them on the loosing end of the proposition. I am pretty sure Comcast needs to deliver what they tout and actually implement a customer centric envoronment that permeates the organization. Until the customers percieve that is happening all the spin, advertising dollars and jaw jacking isn't going to work in their favor. Now, we can argue technical issues all day long, but the bottom line is there are a lot of irritated customers and Comcast seems to be  ineffective in turning that around. Even if customers are all complete idiots Comcast still has to deliver. I am pretty sure they will not convince customers that al this wiring, testing, signal loss, goblety goop is just fine, dandy, normal or acceptable.

It is no secret that Comcast has been dropping cable TV customers like flies and internet customers are slipping away at a slower pace. Being in the industry you know that. Some of that loss is likely about the economy, but the figures are also clearly showing that folks are heading for the alternative service providers in numbers that ought to be prompting Comcast to evaluate their posture. Given what Google is building out in the Kansas Prairie and metro areas that will soon have upwards of fifty or more over the air digital channels, I would say things are not going to get better for Comcast.  The NBC acquisition is sure not looking like a gold mine. Spin it how you wish, but it would be wise for the Gods at Comcast to consider shifting some attention towards the possibility that negative customer perception and a lack of customer centric solutions will result in some pain.

Cable Expert
i-am-nerdburg

Well I can tell you that I had both on demand and SIP/Voip service years before it was available from the cable TV company.

Comcast was the first cable company, not the first on the planet.

However, with DOCSIS III implemented  many subscribers aren't even close to seeing consistent original standard speeds, Let alone anything approaching the now legacy DOCSIS II. A lot of this is load balancing, but the old cable just isn't smart enough to deal with the whole darn neighborhood jumping online all at once.

This simply isn't true.Comcast provisions modems for better than advertised sustained speeds plus they give users PowerBoost to address the bursty nature of data networks. When Comcast upgraded their systems, the physical infrastructure was upgraded (mostly nodes) --there is no "old wiring" anywhere in the cable plant that can't handle the traffic. The biggest problem has been old wiring on the customer premises. In 2011 the FCC released a study comparing advertised speeds of ISPs with actual speeds. Comcast was the only cable company that provided better than 100% of the advertised speed at both peak and off-peak usage times. The only other provider to achieve this was Verizon FiOS.

Surely you aren't falling back on the diagnosis that all of these customer service issues are about a bunch of dumb customers with faulty wiring in their homes?

No, I said the drop system which is from the tap to the customer equipment is where most of the physical problems that cause issues originate. Most customer issues are not about bad service, they are about bad customer service (billing, missed appointments, poorly trained/uninformed workers, long wait times, failure to deliver on promises, frustration in changing services, etc).

Somehow I feel like it isn't about $15.00, but more about the substandard and unacceptable service and arrogance of my old cable company. 

Nobody is defending Comcast's customer service abilities.

Compasts plan is to increase revenue and offset the lost revenue they have been experiencing in the Digital TV business.

Comcast posts record profits every quarter (except a couple of quarters ago when they spent $250 million on lobbying for the NBC deal) There is no growth for them in the TV market which is why they expanded to the cash cows of internet and phone service. Their business plan has always been to offer premium services at premium prices and it still is. The plan has worked for Comcast for decades.

Regardless of what Comcast wishes to do, there will be customer expectations and thresholds. Right now their posture places them on the loosing end of the proposition.

Where they have direct competition from similar providers, this is 100% true and Comcast knows it. Hence, the heavy advertising campaigns. Comcast has been trying to improve customer service, but their efforts have been largely pathetic.

It is no secret that Comcast has been dropping cable TV customers like flies and internet customers are slipping away at a slower pace.

Of course Comcast counts customers, but they have accepted that the market is changing and there is more competition. In order to keep profits up, they focus on increasing revenue from each customer -which they have done with great success.

Spin it how you wish, but it would be wise for the Gods at Comcast to consider shifting some attention towards the possibility that negative customer perception and a lack of customer centric solutions will result in some pain.

Don't mistake me for a Comcast fanboy, I'm not. Comcast has long relied on their monopoly position in the market and I agree with you 100% that they desperately need to fix their customer service issues. However, until the lousy customer service seriously impacts profits, Comcast has no will to make substantive change.

Contributor

--there is no "old wiring" anywhere in the cable plant that can't handle the traffic.

Oh really?

The biggest problem has been old wiring on the customer premises.

I suppose a field tech might be inclined to report it this way given Comcast's performance metrics.

In 2011 the FCC released a study comparing advertised speeds of ISPs with actual speeds. Comcast was the only cable company that provided better than 100% of the advertised speed at both peak and off-peak usage times. The only other provider to achieve this was Verizon FiOS.

The FCC methodology included not only informing the tested ISPs in advance, but consulting with the ISP's before and during the test. In other words ISPs were given clear notice, were privy to the test methodologies and equipment to be utilized in collecting metric data. The equipment installed at the consumer level was a router behind Comcasts modem - Boy that would be tough for Comcast to detect - NOT!  Additionally there were a series of open meetings prior to and after the start of the study.  This study utilized a limited sampling of 9000 consumers, across 13 ISPs, who were provided with a specific router as test equipment. No data is provided to demonstrate if the sampling was divided equally or proportionately.  At a minimum this would seem to give the ISPs the option of knowing exactly who was being tested and/or even tweaking up before the study even began. Additionally, mobile networks (the fastest growing broadband segment) was not even studied. To supposedly lend credibility to the study, the FCC asked the participating ISPs to sign a code of conduct before the testing and after they already knew much of what they would have wanted to know about how things were going to be done. In short, this was an honor system that included informing a certain ISP that is already on record as having been less than candid with the FCC on more than one occasion. Any guesses on what company that is?

I feel qualified to suggest that some level of service consistency may have happened in the households where Comcast knew well testing was occurring. However, the study never considered ongoing issues with service delivery - Inconsistency of service quality, weather issues, intermittent service, down times, limited traffic, etc. It certainly did not deal with customer service issues other than what appears to be some cursory attempt to gather common customer complaints - which never appeared in the survey results.  I don't know how wise or representative it would be to put a sampling together based on the planned lack of anonymity. I suggest this would be like telling Ford we are testing gas mileage and please send over a car. I do know that in my neighborhood folks that are still with Comcast are often lucky to experience stellar network traffic for some period of time after the school buses unload, when there is inclement weather or other times without warning.  These are the same sorts of issues I experienced and neighbors are still being told, as they were at least four years ago, it is an intermittent problem and "they" will monitor the situation. I might also add that three households left Comcast when I did based on  issues similar to what I was experiencing. I find it difficult to accept that we all had faulty wiring issues in our homes, particularly when there were no significant voltage drops or impedance issues when measured from the inbound side of the box to the hardware connection. Nevertheless I took the appropriate action and no longer deal with the issues.

Regardless,I am not here to argue studies and methodology. I expect we will do our best to rationalize our individual positions with a ton of interesting facts (*grin). I simply know that I am happier where I am today after years of dealing with Comcast. If a credible customer satisfaction survey comes around it should be interesting to see how many prior Comcast customers are more or less satisfied with their new service provider(s).

Cable Expert
i-am-nerdburg

Really? Comcast monitored millions of cable modems for specific routers and then sent super secret cable speed to those specific modems? So they could look better in a study? And all the other ISPs were to stupid to do the same thing?  :smileyplain:

Contributor

I'll let you draw your own conclusion as to how critical positive results may have been to the companies involved.  However, there is absolutely nothing to indicate that the sampling (in your cited study) was ever anonymous. There is certainly nothing in the FCC's own methodology to indicate that there were any measures taken by the FCC or it's contractors to insure data security or to prevent skewing results other than asking the participants (who had a major interest in the results) to be honest. In fact Comcast has better hardware level security  on its digital boxes than was indicated anywhere in the FCC published methodology.

Even in the unlikely event that the ISP's had no idea who was to be involved in the study beforehand, it would not even take filtering millions of routers as you well know. Knowing basic facts such as who the contractor was and making some basic inquiries would likely be enough. Every indication is that ISP's were well aware of that and had plenty of time to ponder. I would suggest that how valid the results were really depended solely upon the ISP's since they were the ones who had the most at risk. Again, the only thing that the FCC seemed to have in place to keep them honest was a promise as in "trust me".

I don't think this study or anything similar actually reflects on whether or not Comcast can consistently deliver what they sell.  I am betting that the customers will be more than willing sort out whether cable networks (including Comcast) will be the preferred method of converging voice, data, audio and video in the near future. My money is betting that it wont.  There are just too many unhappy campers out there.

Visitor

Comcast continues to disappoint me and others...

Regular Visitor

I heard on the news that it was Comcast and not Verizon who cut wires and cables during the Verizon strike to try and get rid of their competition.Does anyone know if this is true??

Regular Contributor
draybook

It wasn't wiring, it was their pos DVR box. I know this because we downgraded on August 26th and the SD box wouldn't work for the new service in the living room. We went on vacation and when I came back on last Friday I went and got a new box. Lo and behold, not only did the new serivce work, but so did the On Demand. So, once again, why should I pay them to come fix their junk? Then it took chatting with 3 different people to get credit for the 21 days of service lost because of the faulty equipment.

Cable Expert
i-am-nerdburg

draybook wrote:

So, once again, why should I pay them to come fix their junk?

And once again, Comcast doesn't charge anything to swap a defective box.

Regular Visitor

Yes but thats because they have been outsourcing jobs to China for years, so they get the boxes made very cheap with child labor,

Cable Expert
i-am-nerdburg

isight_88 wrote:

Yes but thats because they have been outsourcing jobs to China for years, so they get the boxes made very cheap with child labor,

No, that's a calumnious statement. Comcast doesn't manufacture any equipment.

Cable Expert
i-am-nerdburg

isight_88 wrote:

I heard on the news that it was Comcast and not Verizon who cut wires and cables during the Verizon strike to try and get rid of their competition.Does anyone know if this is true??

What news outlet reported that? Citation pls.

New Visitor
brittishracing

Xfinity blows.  My internet service has been going in and out for a month.  My router burns out, probably because of the lousy xfinity service.  So I replace the router and modem.  still having problems with this crappy service.   So i call and talk to a tech "your modem's bad"  what do you mean?  "well I am getting weird numbers"  so I hook up the old modem - which I guess still works.  So its not the modem - we will send a tech. 

Ok, the tech comes, replaces a few of the connections and tells me well the line in may be corroded but I have good signal.  Then he proceeds to whine about how it used to be better when they just supplied and didn't take away.  I want to hear this ?

Fine.  Service still goes in and out. call tech support again - this time the tech says "we will send someone out to replace your line"  guy comes out - " we have to lay a temp line on your lawn and drive way"  What do you mean?  "well we are not the ones who replace the line - we don't know when they come"

I can't wait for uverse to come to my neighborhood. 

New Visitor
abby7518

I have the same problem my modem keeps resetting itself like 10 times a day I called them and they are charging $50.00 to come out and check it unless I want to add a fee of 3.95 a month, the year I have been with them has been terrible I can't even count the times I have had to call them for static signals on my TV, Terrible service I was paying 110 a month and just got a bill for 200 because my year is up. Are u serious 200 and the awful service you're giving me. Bye Bye Comcast working on a better deal with another provider