Visitor
emilie56

Call Customer Service in the U.S.A, get tech support from Delhi

My subject matter says it all.  First they told me they cannot tell me where they are.  Finally one person admitted it.  Now the reason I know this is because my On-Demand is constantly going bad and I am forced to call Comcast about every month or two.  There was a lull of more than that time due to my being out of state and in a place where I used Time/Warner cable.  Otherwise On-Demand goes bad on a constant basis, and I cannot access it.  I am forced therefore, to phone India, get a tech, some of whom are actually good and others who barely speak the language.  The other night when I scheduled my appointment for today, the second guy I got was ok but the first guy hung up on me because I insisted my billing address was correct despite what he thought he saw on his computer, given I have had a residence at my billing address for 45 years.  That was long enough for me to know my name and address; 45 years certainly would do it I think. Now it was between 2-3 A.M that I was caught up with the techs on the phone from Delhi just to schedule an appointment for today, which needs to be completed within the next 60 minutes to be real yet I was woken up by a 2nd dumb computer phone call asking if I still wanted the appointment a few hours ago.  I could not get back to sleep.  I am not a happy camper at this moment.  I am tired.

The second guy I got out of India told me he didn't need my billing address and that my Florida address was all that was needed.  On my Florida address, where the bill does not come, we were in accord that I actually lived here also.  The second guy happily ignored what my billing address might be.  Comcast knows my billing address because they never fail to bill me up in NY, where my billing address is.  

Today I am in a foul mood because a computer call from Comcast concerning an appointment I made for a technician, a useless phone call, the second one by the way, the first having been yesterday, woke me up and now I am still waiting for the 30 minute prior call from the technician, (the real live person who will come to the house), confirming that I am home so that he can come on over.  

Why I had to lose a sleep due to the Comcast computer system phoning me, (well maybe it was late in the day in India for all I know), is beyond me.  I am told "this is what is done", something right up there with the lie concerning where the phone techs are located.

I do want everybody to know I have nothing against the Indian people.  I have everything against an American company that steals jobs from American citizens.  That is oh so wrong.  In fact, it is disgusting.  I think this is something Comcast customers should know.  

So to be clear, when an American buying Comcast services needs tech support they are talking to somebody on the other side of the globe.  And I think if Comcast is doing this they should at least own up to it.  

Silver Problem Solver
rog286713

Re: Call Customer Service in the U.S.A, get tech support from Delhi

its no secret that comcast out sources some of its support to india.  they along with most other us companies do the same.   you don't always get india when you talk to comcast.  If your calling 9-5 m-f you probably will get someone in the US, if you don't want to call 1800 comcast then google "comcast phone numbers" you will get tons of them which you can pick from.  

New Visitor
xfin12

JUST TO LET EVERYONE KNOW YOU CAN ALWAYS ALWAYS ALWAYS REQUEST TO SPEAK WITH AN AMERICAN CALL CENTER, I WORK FOR A COMPANY AT A CALL CENTER AND YOU CAN JUST SIMPLY SAY CAN YOU XFER ME TO ANOTHER CALL CENTER. ALSO COMCAST TECH SUPPORT IS ALWAYS THERE 24HOURS A DAY.. 866 594 1234 .. it works! i hate speaking to someone that i cannot relate too!

Visitor
emilie56

Thank both of you guys for your replies.

I do want to state that the tech person who comes to the house, and I've had many of them come, are always nice.  

If it was not a secret about the outsourcing why when I asked the man on the phone if I was talking to Delhi did he tell me he was "not allowed to let me know his location?"  The bad part was that I had to phone back after our little dispute concerning my billing address which was not required the the second man.  

Having had occasion as I said, to call frequently, I have always been speaking to techs in India and I merely wanted to confirm that fact.  It was the refusal to tell me where he was that was frustrating.  It was a "what are you hiding?" moment I felt.  

I would hope for the sake of the customer that if they use Indian help they minimally make sure the English speaking requirement is upgraded to a form of English an American would understand.  For eg.  the second man spoke beautifully.

It is good to know I can request help from an Ameican call center.  Thanks.  It's also good to know people in this forum will respond.

In any event, the on site tech guy finally came and my cable service is no doubt, hopefully good for yet another month.  The tech guy said they constantly have problems with service in Florida.  I do not know why.  They fix it and a month later the service goes bad and they need to come again.  BTW, I have new equipment, from Comcast and my HD TV, all new.  

May I add that yesterday the home page of Comcast had the nerve to title an article "Where are the American jobs?"  Is it me or is that dumb news from the company that knows where the American jobs are because they sent them to India?

Thanks for writing back.

Silver Problem Solver
rog286713

there are a lot of people who have issues in florida.  Whoever it is that comast took over from down there must have had some poor wiring done on that system. 

Visitor
emilie56

You are absolutely correct.  I will say one thing in Comcast's favor though.  As to the On-Demand lineup they give you much more than Time/Warner, which has the monopoly in NYC.  Free programs are all more or less abbreviated in the outer boroughs of NYC.  They give less when it costs them nothing to give more.  Also it is more of a fortune if you want to add extra channels even for a fee up in NYC.  

I do not like having to phone Comcast all the time when the cable feed is poor but TV watching is more enjoyable with Comcast for what that is worth.  

Contributor
Viking954

SO UPSET!!!  A house full of family and friends for THANKSGIVING and the cable goes out in the 1st quarter of the Lions/Packers game we're all watching.  Called COMCR*P - told it's an area outage.  Went next door - they're fine.  Called back - talikng to Mexico call center.  Asked to speak to supervisor in USA and was transferred.  Asking for help - told 3 days!!!  Asked for that person's manager - back to MEXICO!!!!!   No help - useless in fact.  Asked for rebate - tols 1 day's credit was all he was authorized to offer.  Asked to speak to someone who was authorized to rebate more.  Told his manager would call me Monday!  Not holding my breath....

Should probably go back to U-Verse - in 21/2 years not A SINGLE OUTAGE.  HAD 3 IN 6 MONTHS WITH COMCR*P.  AND YES, I'M IN FLORIDA!!!!

Visitor
emilie56

I see they are making a habit out of this problem.  I had a problem once again last night but a reboot worked. However, that was an hour off my day with all the phone calls.  What are they doing or not doing?  So sorry you had similar problems to mine.  I didn't know call centers were in Mexico too.  

New Visitor
9mmauto

Not true - I just got off a call to a call center in Mexico. I asked - more than once - to be transferred to a US call center. I then asked to speak with a supervisor and still the response was the same. If I wanted a different call center I would have to hang up and try the call again, but there would be no guarantee as to what call center one would get connected. Yes, Comcast has probably the worst customer service of any US company.

New Visitor
Bryaniskoo

Today I asked to speak to some one in the US and they told me there are no longer any comcast call centers in the US so I could not speak to some one in the US.

New Visitor
glademan929

This has nothing to do withe Indians or any other nationality, rather it deals with  treating the customer right.

When my service was first installed, I had many problems gettingjust the way I wanted. (I am still not sure what my 'final' package will look like after the promotions I am under expire). The representives were confused about what i wanted but for now, I am resonably satisfied with what I have, altough if given the choice in my area, I would much prefer to have Verizon FIOS.

I cringe even having to call for a simple billing or payment question. 

My issue is that the reps in India cannot possibly be trained to understand American spoken English and its many idioms and subtle meanings--any more than I could  be trained to understand the same in their native language. I was a representive for years for another large cable provider, so I know how challenging providing "world class" customer service can be. Adding the layer of cultural difference makes it that much harder.

I also agree that while Comcast is operating in an international environment. they gladly take my American money while many people here are looking for work.

As other posters said, I have nothing against Indian people. In fact, i feel sorry for the people who work these jobs who are almost set up to fail and deal with abuse from customers.  I object to poor customer service--in whatever language. However, I doubt that "Comcast Cares" enough to bring customer closer to the people who pay their outragous bills every month.

New Visitor
GoldenBear99

Comcast support in both Mexico and the Phillipines is absolutely HORRIFIC!!  They ARE NOT professional, have little command of the English language, and hang up if they don't want to deal with you.  I've now made 6-7 calls to get the "3rd-party verification" completed, and close to 20 overall calls regarding a whole range of issues. 

They are completely incompetent. 

If anyone knows of ANY WAY to get ahold of America-based tech support, HELP ME!!!

New Visitor
cindy95008

I just had the same problem. I had reached the call center in Mexico (based on their accents).  I had to call 4 times. I had to wait over 20 minutes for each call to be answered!  Each time I gave them my name, address, and last 4 digits of my SSN number they would disconnect me! I FINALLY got through to a nice girl that helped me. I would switch to AT&T but I think they are just as bad!  It's so frustrating! This is not how I wanted to spend my evening after working all day!  

Contributor
RebelWIL

I was told 2 times by different tech's that "Comcast does NOT have any call centers or any technical support in the USA anymore" both times by people in India.

I ended up spending 2hours 12minutes with there tech people and they could not find the problem so they just scheduled a tech to come to my home 3 days later. When the tech looked at the problem he called some office and spoke with them less then a minute and the problem was solved.

The tech that came to my home said that the past month he has had this same type of thing happen more then 20 times where he goes to the home, ends up calling Comcast to make a simple adjustment which ANY tech there could easily do. However- the tech did say that he loves getting paid for simply making a phone call.

After speaking with the tech I have decided that from now on instead of dealing with out of country incompetent techs I would keep the money HERE in the USA by simply always requesting a tech come to my home/business and fix the problem.

I know everyone can't be home for the appointments, but those of us who can have someone at home for the tech appointment really should. I think if more and more people did this Comcast might re-think there troubled tech support system and see that it costs more to send tech's to homes then pay someone out of the country.

If you AGREE, then pass the word to others, share with your Tweets, Facebook and other social networks, email family and friends and tell co-workers to try this out too. It might take a little time out of your schedule but you'll feel better and the problem will get fixed.

Regular Contributor

At what cost to the customer??

"I know everyone can't be home for the appointments, but those of us who can have someone at home for the tech appointment really should. I think if more and more people did this Comcast might re-think there troubled tech support system and see that it costs more to send tech's to homes then pay someone out of the country."

Recognized Contributor
MissyLaneous

I wish Comcast/Xfinity would actually spend a few dollars and TRAIN the people answering the supposed "tech support" lines. Two recent examples: Called in to find out what my "upstream signal to noise ratio" was (per another forum here) and - as was advised - told the rep that that could only be read off his CMTS at Comcast. Calls went as follows: a. Call 1: Agent says, "that's non of your business". Click, disconnect. b. Call 2: Couldn't get beyond verifying my service address because (get this !) I said "Avenue". Agent says, "it says Ave not Avenue. Have the account holder call in ..." Click, another hang up. c. Call 3: Agent says, "I don't know what that is. Just power cycle your equipment ..." This - on top of close to 70+ minutes on hold to get these "technical" responses.
Jer-ry

I've just been through a problem episode in which my internet connection was off and on over a 4-day period. I made several calls to Comcast support and got the whole range of competence to incompetence. I don't know where most of the support techs were located. The best of them was a fairly chatty guy, so I asked where he was talking from. He said Panama. I expressed surprise. He said Comcast has help desk people in 20 or 30 countries, I forgot the exact number he gave. The time spent on the phone with them was mostly wasted. When I eventually got a local Comcast guy to make a service call, he fixed the problem in short order, was competent and courteous.

New Visitor
TDHappy

I called customer service last night and after a wait of 25 minutes, got a man I could not understand.  I asked for a customer service rep in America, he hung up on me!!! I was furious !!!  I called back, but after another 20 minute wait, hung up.  I am changing to a local provider so that I can speak to someone that I can understand and do not have to wait forever to connect to!!! I used to love Comcast....Now I HATE Comcast !!!

New Visitor

I'm beginning to wonder if anyone from Comcast actually reads these, or cares at all. For 2 years or more, I've been trying to get them to resolve a billing issue.. it's simple, I don't receive them; neither paper or e-billing. But those dunning notices come quite promptly. Today was just a small episode in a much larger saga. Got the notice, called up, "credit the account, and fix the issue." 2 of the 6 techs I talked to insisted that their bill is being mailed out, because it says so right there on their screen. The implication that I'm lying was quite clear. I must be calling for some other reason, because I love these 1-2 hour chats with people who can barely speak the language. Even those that speak English enough to be understood, fail to comprehend when hearing it. When reaching the communication barrier with one rep in Mexico, I requested a US call center, and was informed there are none. TV services were promptly cancelled. I'm "promised" a callback from a "manager" within.... 72 hours. If they can't get it together, I'm cancelling broadband next. I'll hate to loose the speed, but I cannot abide rude and incompetent people. *Somebody* in a management / support position must work in the US. But buggered if I can reach them. Comcast needs to (re)learn that customer support is more than reading from a checklist on a monitor. Can anyone remember when it started turning so bad? Can you think of a reason why? Bet if you think on it a while, the correlation will become clear. "You used a bad word, ??????, in the body of your post. Please clean up the body before posting." Wow... Seriously??? How many times did you have to re-edit *your* post?
Silver Problem Solver
commanguy

Re: Call Customer Service in the USA, get tech support from Delhi

Turnkeys

Try this instead of chat. It goes to a national team that gets it to the appropriate person, either local or regional who should contact you back normally by a phone call.

We_can_help@cable.comcast.com

Include:

full name

service address

phone number

account number

link to this thread

full details of the problems

The response time seems to have slowed up lately so it may take a few days.

New Visitor
erinwhittle

Wrong!!! They hang up on you after they tell you to call the number again. Trust me everytime I have to call anywhere I ask where I am calling and I ask to speak to someone in the United States and then all I hear is click.

New Visitor
Dislike-u

Ok y'all don't even know the have of it! I never ever in my life have gotten SO upset with my customer service and speaking to someone who is on the other side of the world just adds to the unneeded consent unbelievably bad customer service! I'm not one to normally do this in fact this is my first time adding a customer review I'm only doing this because of out 3 reps NONE of them showed empathy, let me vent or fixed my issue!! I called at total of 8 times during my first month as a customer! I'm a customer service rep myself for a different company so I know how call centers work sometimes you get that call from an upset customer because of lack of effiency of your coworker. But never do I make customer feel like a hot potatoe being quickly tossed around!! When I first signed up the rep was kind helpful and told me that my bundle of TV and home phone would include 3 mo free of DVD, hd channels and prime channels and I told him my home phone is for work so all the extra features MUST BE TURNED OFF!! Well phone features still turned on so I called back that rep was kind helpful and suppose to have turned off the phone features...never happened. Call back again same deal call back again same deal except this one told it took 24hrs. Call back again this time slightly upset and the noticed it so got snappy and even talked over saying that features were turned off and there's nothing to do! Hung up on her called rep was monotoned said it takes 72 hrs bla bla bla keep in mind that all these reps know that called several times on this resolved issue never apologizing never taking ownership and all of them from INDIA!!! Than I decided to take aaa second look at my bill surprise surprise there's a fee for hd and dvr!!! At this point I'm boiling with anger!!!so the rep says he's a tech and can't do anything about the bill didn't even offer to transfer me!!! So I had to call back Again I asked the rep I was being charged for the so called free for 3 months services and to have them refunded. He wAs unable to because the never put in his notes that he offered free dvr or hd. !!!! And that he couldn't cancel the service becaus of the cable box I myself would have to disconnect it take to my local store and ask for the regular and that in the mean time I would be charged for the usage of the dvr!!! He basically called me a liar!!!! No empathy no help NOTHINg and all of this from India !!!!
Cable Expert
i-am-nerdburg

To get help, your best option is to contact Comcast Corporate Customer Service (we_can_help@cable.comcast.com). You can also ask for help via Twitter (@ComcastCares), Facebook or the Comcast Direct Forum.

New Visitor
internetsvc

Constant Internet Outages

For a month now our BLAST internet has been poor at best. It's off and on every 15 minutes and they are not offering a daily rebate. Finally got a USA CALL CENTER yesterday and they are sending a new modem. Hope this fixes the issue. If the modem provided to us by a Comcast was knowingly causing so many issues for customers why didn't they let us know and replace it right away since we are paying a rental fee for it.
Cable Expert
i-am-nerdburg

This is a placeholder for a post that was moved to a secure location because it violates the forum guidelines (language filter circumvention). http://forums.comcast.com/t5/Forum-Guidelines/Posting-Guidelines/td-p/866289

New Visitor
shootmenow

I agree with you 100%.  I've been fighting with the "EVIL" people since 2008. Wind blows, cable out...looks like rain, cable out...somebody across the street sneezes, cable out.  They promised me a credit for two (2) years of bad service, then one (1) year with confirmation number and amount of $1866.00, then two (2) months credit...then you're past due, disconnect.

Comcast is the most vile corporation in the United States.  Customer Service is a joke.  They have us in a box.

The sad thing is, we the idiots, continue to pay them for bad service. 

emilie56 wrote:

My subject matter says it all.  First they told me they cannot tell me where they are.  Finally one person admitted it.  Now the reason I know this is because my On-Demand is constantly going bad and I am forced to call Comcast about every month or two.  There was a lull of more than that time due to my being out of state and in a place where I used Time/Warner cable.  Otherwise On-Demand goes bad on a constant basis, and I cannot access it.  I am forced therefore, to phone India, get a tech, some of whom are actually good and others who barely speak the language.  The other night when I scheduled my appointment for today, the second guy I got was ok but the first guy hung up on me because I insisted my billing address was correct despite what he thought he saw on his computer, given I have had a residence at my billing address for 45 years.  That was long enough for me to know my name and address; 45 years certainly would do it I think. Now it was between 2-3 A.M that I was caught up with the techs on the phone from Delhi just to schedule an appointment for today, which needs to be completed within the next 60 minutes to be real yet I was woken up by a 2nd dumb computer phone call asking if I still wanted the appointment a few hours ago.  I could not get back to sleep.  I am not a happy camper at this moment.  I am tired.

The second guy I got out of India told me he didn't need my billing address and that my Florida address was all that was needed.  On my Florida address, where the bill does not come, we were in accord that I actually lived here also.  The second guy happily ignored what my billing address might be.  Comcast knows my billing address because they never fail to bill me up in NY, where my billing address is.  

Today I am in a foul mood because a computer call from Comcast concerning an appointment I made for a technician, a useless phone call, the second one by the way, the first having been yesterday, woke me up and now I am still waiting for the 30 minute prior call from the technician, (the real live person who will come to the house), confirming that I am home so that he can come on over.  

Why I had to lose a sleep due to the Comcast computer system phoning me, (well maybe it was late in the day in India for all I know), is beyond me.  I am told "this is what is done", something right up there with the lie concerning where the phone techs are located.

I do want everybody to know I have nothing against the Indian people.  I have everything against an American company that steals jobs from American citizens.  That is oh so wrong.  In fact, it is disgusting.  I think this is something Comcast customers should know.  

So to be clear, when an American buying Comcast services needs tech support they are talking to somebody on the other side of the globe.  And I think if Comcast is doing this they should at least own up to it.  

New Visitor
mattman1442

[ Edited ]

Yes, not true at all.   Comcast has gotta be the worst excuse for an entertainment providing company on the face of the planet

New Visitor
intrepidsoul

I called the 1-800, then the 1-866 number psoted by a commenter, and for a simple task, related to my phone service, and this was something that I could not resolve via the website, am told a bunch of regulations BS. The customer rep was so wordy and explainy and repeating what I had asked and so overconcerned with explaining himself that he just got me very frustrated. I asked to speak to supervisor, and was hung up on. Then, he called back, and put me on hold for over 7 minutes at which point I ended the call and tried the 1-866 number, same d--- overseas phone center.

The best was when the new rep (just as wordy and overexplaining) told me he could NOT transfer me to a USA call center. Evidently, the powers that be decide to route calls to their center and he has no control over it. So much for the "ASK FOR A USA CALL CENTER AND YE SHALL BE TRANSFERRED" schtick. It's ridiculous.

They used to allow customers to see a current listing of calls you had made, and in this case, all I wanted to see was the last incoming call. I had gotten a notification about it on my mobile, but couldn't bring it up. Simple, simple request and these idiots botched it.

New Visitor
adam105

Figured out the trick... call the regular 800 #, but follow the options for "Disconnect service" and keep going as if you're going to cancel your service. That will get you through to the retention department, which is in the US as far as I can tell 

Enjoy!

New Visitor
sureshkaushik

NOT trying to be offensive to anybody, but are we sure if the customer support is in US (may be south florida), the latin people has a very good command on English?