New Visitor
jwohara
Accepted Solution

Can't get the cable buried in front yard!

I became a new Comcast customer a month ago when I had Xfinity Internet installed. The installer ran a cable across my front yard and said they would be back in about a week to bury it. I waited over a week and then started the calls to cust svc.  Since then, my appointments have come and gone but the cable is still not buried. I haven't had one call/email to me to either confirm an appt or tell me why they don't show. Also, how is it that appointments can be changed by someone within Comcast and not communicate the change to the customer?  This is infuriating!  A representative told me that the prior appointment was closed as: "Completed as Scheduled", and the order was closed on THE DAY BEFORE the appointment!  I have yet another appt for tomorrow.  I'd bet the ranch nobody will come tomorrow either. What the heck is up with company?

Cable Expert
i-am-nerdburg

Re: Can't get the cable buried in front yard!

[ Edited ]

Typically in your situation, Comcast would run a temporary line for you until a new line can be installed. Your tech would then put in an order to get you a new line (it's called a "drop"). His supervisor would farm the job out to a contractor. In some places a single person will come out and mark underground utilities, in other places each local utility will have to come out and mark their own services. The line will then be buried by the contractor. Typically this takes a couple of weeks. There may be other issues too (such as digging in a neighbors yard, permits etc).

I'll save you some grief...stop calling Comcast. The customer service reps won't be able to help you and won't have any info on the process. They will keep scheduling techs to come out an bury the drop, but the techs don't do that and the appointment will just be canceled. If you are inclined, you'll want to go to your local office and talk to a technical supervisor who should be able to let you know specifics. Or you can contact Comcast corporate customer service (we_can_help@cable.comcast.com) and they will help you find out what's going on with your service.

I'll also let Comcast know that you need help. You probably won't hear from anyone over the weekend tho.

Edit: Comcast owes you a $20 credit for each appointment they missed. Ask for the credit.

New Visitor
jwohara

Well I finally got the cable buried today (7/14).  A Comcast technician (employee) arrived today at 3pm and did the job.  He confirmed that the local contractor submitted the job as having been completed, and was apparently already paid for the work!  As this is not the standard type of work assigned to a technician, he was also not at all pleased with what has taken place.

On your advice I did call customer service after the work was completed this afternoon to request a credit for the missed appointments.  I was not aware of this Comcast guarantee, and so I deeply appreciate that you informed me of this company policy.

Thank you very much for your assistance in this matter!

Cable Expert
i-am-nerdburg

Hey great! You got a good tech, a lot of them would have simply ignored the work order (I would have!) Glad it worked out. :smileyhappy:

Cable Expert
i-am-nerdburg